[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your honest opinion of bacon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9
File: bacon.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1769) Image search: [Google]
bacon.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1769
What's your honest opinion of bacon?
>>
It's pretty good, has it's place, and don't really care about what people who get influenced by internet opinions think about things I've had the same opinion about since before the internet was a thing.
>>
meme
>>
Nice as a flavour base in a stew or in salads. Smoked is best, and alcase smoked is best of that. Otherwise meh
>>
It's overrated.
>>
File: 9435778973_a72d0b47d6_b.jpg (331 KB, 1024x615) Image search: [Google]
9435778973_a72d0b47d6_b.jpg
331 KB, 1024x615
>>7510078
Thick cut peppered bacon is a Godsend

Few slices of that with some lettuce and fried green tomatoes and some zesty mayo on a toasted bun, too great

Hell, even by itself it's one of my favorite pieces of pork
>>
I like it, it tastes real good when combined with weaker tasting, more substantial foods
>>
it tastes good
>>
>>7510078
I'm a long time /ck/ poster and a longer time "channer", I'm going to be honest with you. I find bacon revolting. I used to love it, used to put it on everything, used to post about it on /b/, those were the days.

Then we noticed other people liked it too. It had to stop. Those faggots on Epic Meal Time were the final straw, though they were kinda funny before they got noticed by everyone else. It was no longer an insider thing. Now I see bacon and I am DISGUSTED. I think of Gaia I think of Reddit, tumblr, youtuber egofaggots, all those disgusting people that probably get in a big circlejerk and pretend to love bacon vbecause it's so cool now. I'm not sure I never go there, the thought of them makes me retch I'm certain that's what is going on though.

I pick it out of salads, I pick it out of burgers, bacon is for poser gaia shitters. Bacon is dead.
>>
It's probably the fifth best part of a pig. I'd say the third best use of pork belly. Also, it tastes good.
>>
>>7510078
>>7510132
Way to pick the worst looking pieces of bacon I've ever saw.
>>
>>7510078
Too much table salt. I suppose there are patrician brands that are cured with genuine rock salt.
>>
as white trash, i like bacon grease more than the meat
>>
>>7510078

10/10. Gimme some bitch.
>>
Love using the grease + sliced fresh jalapeno to make refried beans
>>
File: IMG_2753.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2753.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
You tell me
>>
File: IMG_2754.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2754.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>7510549
>>
>tfw hungry but your ass has been leaking for hours
>>
>>7510078
I like it but I realize now that it's been a long time since I last ate some.

Thanks for reminding me, OP.
>>
>>7510078
>What's your honest opinion of bacon?
simply epic
>>
File: 1433930525211.jpg (42 KB, 454x453) Image search: [Google]
1433930525211.jpg
42 KB, 454x453
>>7510552
>>7510549
>raw meat on a wooden cutting board
>>
>>7510619

You mean you don't have separate cutting boards for your meat and veggies? Oh anon... poor, poor anon...
>>
>>7510078
It's good, but faggots overhype it and ruin it by doing bacon everything.

>bacon wrapped burgers
>bacon wrapped potatoes
>bacon wrapped asparagus
>bacon wrapped hot dogs
>bacon wrapped thanksgiving turkey
>bacon soda
>bacon chocolate
>bacon chocolate soda
>bacon flavored vodka
>bacon flavored lube
>etc.

This meme needs to die.
>>
Bacon by itself is okay.

Using bacon for its grease and flavoring is better.

Wrapping things with bacon deserves a sentence to the gulag, apart from very lean meats in certain circumstances, such as tenderloin.

It really isn't that great. I hardly ever pay the extra 1-2 dollars for a bacon cheeseburger over a plain cheeseburger.

On that note, bacon that you don't cook yourself is almost always 90% of the time complete shit. Soggy, shrivelled, stringy, flavorless and skimpy.

That being said, I use bacon as a source of fat for several of my dishes and I quite enjoy it. It just shouldn't be forced into ever damned meal.
>>
>>7510078
It's good, but people rarely cook it properly for whatever they're serving it with.
>>
File: 11bec65adf798b6d13ccbcf.jpg (256 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
11bec65adf798b6d13ccbcf.jpg
256 KB, 500x667
Bacon is manna from heaven.
>>
>>7510675
>Wrapping things with bacon deserves a sentence to the gulag
Except goat cheese
>>
>>7510650

>Calling a legitimate cooking technique that has been around for likely over 100 years a "meme"

Faggots like you are the ones who need to die.
>>
>>7511666
Bacon wrapped jalapenos stuffed with garlic herb goat cheese.

Fucking delicious.
>>
I foolishly tried adding chilli to bacon for breakfast this morning. not good at all.
>>
>>7510675
>On that note, bacon that you don't cook yourself is almost always 90% of the time complete shit. Soggy, shrivelled, stringy, flavorless and skimpy

You know, I'll have to agree with you here anon. Whenever I order something with bacon at a restaurant, the bacon is either as chewy as bubblegum or charred to a crisp. Homemade bacon is the best.

>>7510132
This bacon looks delicious!

>fried green tomatoes
you in MD too, anon?
>>
>>7511718
hnnnngggg oh man that sounds great

Gonna have to try that sometime, thanks for the idea
>>
>>7510675

>Wrapping things with bacon deserves a sentence to the gulag, apart from very lean meats in certain circumstances, such as tenderloin.

bitch talk shit bout my bacon wrapped shrimp one more time see if i dont come over there and gag you with a fuckin pigs foot and drown you
>>
>>7510078
Good, but was a forced food meme for a while
>>
File: cancer food.jpg (761 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
cancer food.jpg
761 KB, 1632x1224
its gud
>>
File: ISHYGDDT.jpg (4 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
ISHYGDDT.jpg
4 KB, 200x200
>>7512371
>2016
>wrapping bacon in shrimp
Ishiggity digitty dooooo
>>
>>7510078
Poor man's hamsteak.
>>
>2016
>still indulging in the meat jew
>>
it's really fucking good.

like... that's it.

also, it's vastly underrated by contrarians on the internet.
>>
>>7512426
Bacon wrapped tenderloin? Some good shit right there
>>
>>7512463

>the meat jew

guess who doesn't eat bacon
>>
>>7510078
It ok by itself, but can be a game changer when combined with other things/dishes.
>>
>>7510078
Love it as an option to use to make some foods taste even better. Especially in cooked greens like pic related.
>>
File: #######bacon#######.jpg (281 KB, 800x551) Image search: [Google]
#######bacon#######.jpg
281 KB, 800x551
>>7510078
this is bacon you dumb yanks
>>
>>7510078
Bacon is delicious.
Those strips of fat you yanks eat are kinda shitty though.
>>
I love it but I don't like it combined with any other meats
>>
I eat bacon everyday for the past 3 years. So is it good yes it is very good. I have never gotten bored of bacon.
>>
>>7513228
I wonder if Southerners get a chuckle from dumb foreigners calling them Yanks.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.