[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chili
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: premium_pork_regular_sausage.jpg (63 KB, 292x129) Image search: [Google]
premium_pork_regular_sausage.jpg
63 KB, 292x129
So I wanted to make Chili.

My dilemma is I normally used ground beef, but have none. I do have pic related. Has anyone ever used sausage instead? How does it compare?
>>
What kind of beans are you using? You need special beans for sausage chili
>>
>>7508319
I haven't ever tried that. I imagine it would be OK but nothing great due to the seasonings. That stuff is fairly strongly seasoned with sage, and sage doesn't really match with Chili all that well.
>>
>>7508321

All other ingredients the same. Kidney beans.
>>
>>7508321
>>7508323
No, no beans.
>>
Should be fine but a bit strong in the sage flavors so you'll have to adjust accordingly. I'd also drain some of the fat since this is going to have a lot more.
>>
>>7508319
Be careful with the breakfast sausage. The saltiness might be overwhelming.
>>
I don't believe you. I think this is marketing spam.
>>
>>7508330

God I really didn't want my thread to be a beans/no beans circle jerk. Guess it's unavoidable.

I actually don't like beans. But the other people that eat my chili like them. So I put them in and usually eat around most of them.
>>
>>7508319
What kind of sausage is that?
>>
I would leave out the cumin, and make a spicy sausage and bean casserole: tomatoes garlic chilli powder onion beans.
>>
>>7508339
Good for you. But I'm being legit.

>>7508341
Breakfast sausage basically. The kind that makes sausage patties.

Some old lady at a grocery store told me she put sausage in her chili is what gave me idea. I'm just not sure this is the sausage she was referring to.
>>
>>7508341
Jimmy Dean regular pork sausage.
>>
I used to use half log sausage (like your pic) and half beef in my chili. No complaints. Might be a tad salty if you go all sausage, so adjust accordingly.
>>
>>7508321
>beans in chili

chili is at its best without beans
>>
>>7511141
Your "opinion" is shit.
>>
>>7508339
>I don't believe you. I think this is marketing spam.

Me too. This cu/ck/ be shillin.
>>
>>7511161
Prunells old folks sausage is the best prepackaged breakfast sausage
>>
>>7511169
Agreed.
>>
>>7511155
stick your beans up your ass
>>
>>7511224
How can you not like beans?
Are you a teenager?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.