[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>try 2 teaspoons of this >steep for 4 minutes >add sugar/milk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: tea4.jpg (45 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tea4.jpg
45 KB, 500x500
>try 2 teaspoons of this
>steep for 4 minutes
>add sugar/milk
>there is almost no taste whatsoever

What the fuck? Is this just bad tea?
>>
>add sugar/milk
>to tea

Think I found your problem, OP.
>>
>>7508211

Adding sugar and milk to tea is like adding milk to cereals. They belong together.
>>
>>7508211
>doesnt know that black tea is usually enhanced by sugar/milk
>>
>>7508216
not that type of tea. milk/cream is reserved for strong black tea. they are usualy the ctc type of tea. they have a very strong body and high astringency.

also that type of tea is shit. order loose leaf online. I prefer harneyandsons for ordering tea.
>>
>>7508222

You probably also think that coffee is "enhanced" by milk and sugar too, don't you?
>>
>>7508232
but that type of tea is black tea...
>>
>>7508232
>order loose leaf tea online

You should look at the prices for that in Australia.

http://www.tealeaves.com.au/best-sellers/classic-blend-english-breakfast-supreme/w1/i1006569_1004429/

200g bag costs nearly $11, what the fuck.
>>
>>7508222

>has an incorrect opinion
>>
>>7508222
That's really only Assam, senpai.
And it's not so much "enhanced" as "not immediately ruined"
>>
>>7508237
duh, after all black coffee tastes bitter as fuck, try eating 100% cocoa dark chocolate. ew!
>>
>>7508303
>try drinking tea without any milk/sugar because that is apparently the proper way to drink tea
>it just tastes like slightly bitter water
>>
>>7508651

Tea tastes bitter. If you don't like that taste, you don't like tea; you like sugar.
>>
>>7508746
most people prefer sweet over bitter anon...
>>
File: 4chan.png (5 KB, 552x87) Image search: [Google]
4chan.png
5 KB, 552x87
>>7508290
>>
OP here, so does anyone know why this leaf tea tastes worse than teabags?
>>
>>7508253
200g of tea would last you awhile tho fampai

I don't care if you drink bagged tea or not, but I only use 3 to 4g per mug when I make tea, so that's 17-22 cents a cup, and most of the loose leaf I buy around that price tastes much better than the bagged tea I get.

If you don't care about the taste of the tea it makes sense to get bagged since it's cheaper, but if you like tea itself and not just the milk/sugar taste you should try it.
>>
>>7508925
3 to 4g...how many teaspoons is that?
>>
Im convinced the people who say they love tea and black coffee 99% of the time are just pretending.
>>
>>7508943
It's 2-3g per teaspoon for most tea, but there's no for sure conversion since it depends on how heavy and how spaced out the tea is, I normally add a teaspoon and a half

>>7508950
I love loose leaf black tea a lot, but if we're being honest, bagged tea is too bitter for me so I add a fuck ton of sugar. I OP half the tea threads on here and I still don't understand how people drink super bitter tea straight
>>
>>7508958
Yea thats not bad, but delivery in Australia costs about $8-9. So that jacks the price up a lot.
>>
>>7508201

because you added sugar and milk you fucking pleb
>>
>>7509139
>sugar and milk makes tea taste like bitter water

Maybe you should go study chemistry...
>>
File: halo wars sraw olah.jpg (14 KB, 400x273) Image search: [Google]
halo wars sraw olah.jpg
14 KB, 400x273
>>7509178

>implying tea isnt bitter water to begin with
>>
>>7509197
>adding sweeteners to tea makes it taste like bitter water
>>
>>7508222

Milk only. Tea without milk is for uncivilized barbarians as is sugar.
>>
>>7509497
Tea with milk only isnt sweet neough
>>
>>7508645
Nigger, have you actually ever eaten 100 % chocolate? As in, literally just ultrafine-ground cocoa beans in chocolate bar form? Shit's eye-wateringly delicious IF YOU ARE READY TO EXPLORE the flavours. Of course it's not some dumb-ass Hershey, Cadbury, Milka, or what-have-you you can shovel in all day.

> all black coffee tastes bitter as fuck

Go away, you are in no way qualified to compare ANYTHING with ANYTHING.
>>
>>7510644
>liking bitter stuff
>telling people they can't compare anything if they don't like bitter shit

kek
>>
>>7508253
That's not actually that much. All the bagged tea at grocery stores in the US costs about $3 per 20 bags, except for the cheapest, like Lipton.

That's 14 cents per bag.

At approximately 3 grams for a teaspoon of tea, which would make one cup of tea, there's about 66 cups of tea in that 200 gram loose leaf package.

This equals about 17 cents per cup. (6 cups per each dollar (66 servings for $11)). Granted, you need to use an actual measuring spoon, so you're not eyeballing a larger amount every cup.

But all this is relative. I buy tea that's more than twice as expensive as $11 for 200g, and I buy bagged tea that's cheaper than 14 cents/bag, because sometimes I just want quick, simple tea, and sometimes I want something really nice that I don't drink often.
>>
File: swefg.jpg (7 KB, 209x241) Image search: [Google]
swefg.jpg
7 KB, 209x241
>>7510895
Didn't say that at all, faggot. What I did say is this: When you say all black coffee you ever experienced was bitter, and 100-% C was what you provided as a reference, your word is worth jack shit and you should stop talking out of your ass. Yes, both have intensive taste and flavour, and can and will catch the unprepared, but if all you provide as justification is pic related, then you are absolutely zero qualified to make any statement at fucking all.
>>
>>7510929
>$3 per 20 bags

The fuck? In australia you can typically get 100 bags for like $4-5 or so.
>>
>>7510644
To obese sugar monsters, water is too bitter. I worked with one who I once heard mumble "I wish I could drink water." They eventually had kidney stones. Probably because of the daily diet cola, and also supplementing protein despite not lifting or even walking.
>>
>>7511086
I don't understand why they bothered with diet cola when they would also be unwrapping and eating chocolate caramel shits mid-sentence.
>>
>>7511086
I drink water just fine thank you
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.