[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I really need to start eating healthy, I hate the way my body
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 8
File: healthy-food-stocks.jpg (143 KB, 1118x746) Image search: [Google]
healthy-food-stocks.jpg
143 KB, 1118x746
I really need to start eating healthy, I hate the way my body looks.

What are some foods I can make/buy that are healthy, but are also similar to tasty unhealthy food?

I hate vegetables and chicken (though I'm more inclined to try chicken), and I love basically any type of meat, but I don't eat pig meat.
>>
curry

/thread
>>
>>7507926

What food is "healthy" is relative to everyone individual.

Also:

>What food can I eat that is healthy that tastes like unhealthy food?

You're dumb
>>
>>7507936
Isn't curry like mostly vegetables though?

>>7507937
Similar, not tastes like. Something within the same range, you know what I mean?

Basically just anything healthy I guess. Something that'll make me leave the 90KG mark.
>>
healthy food is a meme. eat less. you can eat 5k calories of leafy greens and youll still be a fat fuck.
>>
>>7507943

>you know what I mean?

No, I have no idea what you mean. what the fuck is the "same range"

Look, here's what you do you fat fuck

Eat less
>>
if you want to lose weight eat
salmon, broccoli, tuna, spinach, plain chicken breast, brown rice, avocado, eggs, beans, and drink shitloads of black ass coffee and water. dont drink or eat anything with sugar
>>
>>7507945
Well yeah, but I need food that I can eat less of, but still keeps me feeling full.

>>7507950
Like, take a hamburger for example. Hamburgers from say something like McDonalds or Burger King are unhealthy, but there are healthy alternatives that taste the same if not better.
>>
>>7507955
Oh yeah, I forgot, I also despise seafood. It's completely unappealing to me, cooked or uncooked.

What kind of eggs are fine? Scrambled eggs with salt and butter is okay?

I also don't drink coffee, why do you recommend to drink a lot of it?
>>
>>7507926
>doesn't like chicken
>won't eat pork

Well, beef it then. Just eat what you want but learn portion control and maybe start counting calories.
Beef fajita salad
Grilled steaks with a sweet potato
90/10 lean hamburger for spaghetti, chili, burgers, etc. use zuccini noodles to save calories.
Red Beans/rice
Seafood-fish/shrimp

There's all kinds of food you can make, just watch your portions, increase your activity, count calories if necessary.
>>
>>7507956
shop on the perimeter of a grocery store don't into the aisles unless its for spices or grains. voila your eating healthy
>>
>>7507956

>Hamburgers are unhealthy

not in moderation
>>
>>7507926
Try a vegetable stir fry! Very easy to do. I like to simmer chopped tomatoes in a saucepan, then add leek, carrot, mushroom, onion, and courgette, and add cook some pasta or rice on the side.

Omelettes are nutritious, throw in some fries and mushrooms, dead simple.

For breakfast, try eating a whole grain cereal with skimmed milk. Stick to fruit juice and tap water instead of soda, and fruit/nuts/rice cakes instead of chocolate for snacks.
>>
>>7507961
So you don't eat pork, chicken, seafood or vegetables. You should probably just kill yourself.
>>
>>7507975
Thanks for the help.
>>
>>7507983
I'd rather not desu. Chicken I can probably stand if it can taste good. Last time I had chicken was a charcoal chicken like four years ago. Tasted like shit.
>>
>>7507975
Please be my girlfriend
>>
File: lpffyppyg.png (35 KB, 730x290) Image search: [Google]
lpffyppyg.png
35 KB, 730x290
>>7507961
>I like all meat!
>except chicken, pork, and seafood
>>
>>7507975
>throw in some fries
>stick to fruit juice
wat /ck/
>>
>>7507993
Well, I meant like all types of beef meat, you know? I don't understand how people can like seafood, especially shit like prawns and lobsters. I mean fuck, you're basically eating the entire animal and the only difference is that it's dead. I used to like eating fried king fish, but I haven't eaten that in years.

Chicken, because I've never had a good experience with chicken.

And pork, because of my religion.
>>
>>7508001
eat some fucking tendies you jew faglord
>>
>>7508001
>And pork, because of my religion.

well, that explains this thread.
>>
>>7508003
I'm not a Jew, but if you suggest chicken tenders then I guess I'll try that.
>>
>>7508010
I suggest bleach jew
>>
>mfw this thread

healthy eating will do NOTHING unless you're calorie restricting.
even then, you'll never look good unless you exercise.

>>7507975
fruit juice, nuts and dried fruit are incredibly calorie dense.
nuts are basically 1:1 with mnm's
>>
>>7508012
Again, I'm not a Jew. There's another Abrahamic religion that doesn't allow the consumption of pork.
>>
>>7508015
nobody cares jew
>>
So you want to eat healthy while refusing to eat vegetables and the leanest meats? You're telling me your idea of health is eating all the fat, protein and carbs you want in the form of burgers and pizza, as long as it isn't fast food.

Just eat some fucking vegetables.
>>
>>7508015
I suggest handing yourself in, ISIS fucker
>>
>>7508026
I'm also not a Muslim. There's a third Abrahamic religion that doesn't allow the consumption of pork.
>>
>>7508032
Really, because I have never heard of it, do tell
>>
>>7508034
Christianity.

"And the pig, because it parts the hoof and is cloven-footed but does not chew the cud, is unclean to you. You shall not eat any of their flesh, and you shall not touch their carcasses; they are unclean to you." Leviticus 11:7-8
>>
>>7508035
I suggest killing yourself for following restrictive practices based on a work of fiction. Whether or not God exists, any fucker could have made that shit up in his name.
>>
>>7508035
They abolished culture related rules a long time ago, Cleetus. I recommend adopting a different religion if you need a reason to be a picky fuck.
>>
>>7508044
Are you real or just role playing as an edgy atheist?
>>
>>7508035
Thats under the old covenant nignog.
That doesnt apply to you
>>
>>7507926

You like most types of meat but you hate chicken and seafood, and you won't eat pork?
>>
>>7508051
Yeah, it's weird, I know. I explain the reasoning here >>7508001
>>
File: 1449200162181.gif (2 MB, 400x268) Image search: [Google]
1449200162181.gif
2 MB, 400x268
>>7508035
>following the old testament literally

I get it, this whole thread is a long con bait thread.
And I thought I was going to help out another fat guy get healthy
>>
>>7507926
>I like basically any type of meat

I got a big ol meat stick for you, best part is that it has no calories ;)
>>
File: tmp_23215-1b8-992204412.jpg (30 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
tmp_23215-1b8-992204412.jpg
30 KB, 625x626
>>7508035
>>
>>7508053
Nah man, I'm not baiting or anything, I'm serious about asking for healthy foods. But someone brought up why I don't eat pork and that just derailed the thread.
>>
You want a diet of beef, carbs and fat, which is exactly what you already have.
>>
>>7508059
Because that's not a valid reason, it would've been better to say "I don't like it because it tastes like shit"

Also what kind of Christian goes on mongolian pottery forums?
>>
You're so American it hurts.
>>
>>7508059
Does your mom and sister sacrifice a lamb every month when she has her period, to wash away her sins?
If not she will be unclean for 7 days to not be touched by anyone, for they will be unclean too?

Do you not sit in a chair she has sat in before the sacrifice because it too is unclean, and anyone who sits in it will be deemed unclean?

I mean you are following the old testament, and you clearly have a thing for "unclean" shit.

Also why didnt you bring up the insects and the shellfish which are unclean and against the rules to eat. Do you understand that a lot of coloring in food is made from ground up insects and would be deemed "unclean" as well?

Dont half ass your faith son, fire and brimstone and all that
>>
Just give up. You clearly are not going to make it.
>>
>>7508067
I don't have a mother or sister.
>>
>>7508070
Good thing then, women dont fare too well in the old testament
>>
File: 1458710316513.jpg (20 KB, 500x302) Image search: [Google]
1458710316513.jpg
20 KB, 500x302
>>7508067
>women having periods is a sin

Typical mansplaining from the biggest mansplained book in existence
>>
>>7508065
I'm actually Australian, anon.

>>7508064
A bored one.
>>
>>7508070
>I don't have a mother

Holy shit are you the world's first test tube baby?
>>
>>7508067
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nJcmLMb5to
>>
>>7508074

There's enough bait in this thread already. Someone is gonna get hurt.
>>
>>7508070
Amd I suppose you never sit down except in your own house? Never shake hands with a woman without asking about her menstrual cycle?
>>
>>7508078
Heh, no anon, I don't have a mother as in she passed.
>>
>>7508074
Thats all under the old covenant, so if you are a christian you arent supposed follow those rules anymore!

>>7508079
I didnt say anything disparaging, its all in there for everyone to see.
>>
>>7508081
I don't take everything from the Old Testament literally, anon. Some of those things were clearly made for a different time in the world.
>>
>>7508079
That chick was hot and the song was pretty good too. Favourite winner in a few years.
>>
>>7508086
>"I am a bad christian"

I hope you enjoy burning in hell
>>
>>7508086
How do you determine that?
>>
>>7508086
Reread John then, why are you picking and choosing shit to follow in the old convent if you are following the new testament?
Doesnt make sense.
>>
>>7507926
All the bait aside, calorie in calorie out.
You can keep eating shit food and lose weight.

Just note that people grossly overestimate how many calories they actually eat. There is a reason fat fucks who have dieted for 15 years struggle to lose weight
>>
>>7508103
Thanks. I've been using MyFitnessPal for about 3 weeks now, but I haven't quite gotten the portions and all that right. I usually jog about 3km a day to try and burn off the calories.
>>
>>7508088
I always love seeing your retarded ass post here. Your god is a powerless shit sucking fraud and you are an utter fool.
>>
>>7508110
You should stop all soda and beer drinking, cut out as much processed sugar as you can. Then just start eating more vegetables and start liking lean meat like chicken.
You will slowly stop eating like a teenager, and will start feeling better and crave better foods.

Then you can become /ck/ and start making actual decent food and have the occasional cheat days
>>
>>7508125
I also don't drink beer, never have. I've cut from drinking any type of soda for about 3 months now, I've only been drinking water or fruit juice.

How bad is having full cream milk with cereal? Is it better to start going for skim milk, or is it not necessary? Should I just not eat cereal for breakfast and instead go for eggs and toast?
>>
>>7508130
Depends on the type of cereal and what you plan to eat for the rest of the day.
Obviously with the abundance and ease of getting food, everything is a compromise.

You just have to make a plan and stick with it.
Is Skim milk really going to make your lucky charms better? Are you eating 1 serving of lucky charms or 3 servings because thats how much the bowl holds?

You will figure it out soon enough. Cravings are the hardest part.
>>
>>7507926
>I hate vegetables

You're not going to make it. If you're going to dismiss an entire food group (probably the healthiest, best nutrient to calorie ratio), I wouldn't even bother. Just accept yourself for who you are I guess. Enjoy your empty calories and factory made carbs.
>>
>>7508035
>Christian
>hasn't read the Pauline Letters

You're like me in middle school lol
>>
File: 1458368224867.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1458368224867.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>7508130
>I also don't drink beer, never have
>>
>>7507926

I lost 40 lbs eating a high fat, very low carb ketogenic diet. It was very easy to do because the fat makes you feel sated.
>>
>>7509971
I've been interested in trying out a keto diet, I've heard lots of good things about it/
>>
>>7507926
You can put bananas and cocoa and stuff in a blender and have something resembling icecream.

If you eat right for a while, you'll eventually be craving what you should be eating, partially due to changes in your microbiome, but probably mostly due to forming associations with feeling better afterward.
>>
>>7510267
Keto works just because it puts most ready-to-eat fat people food off limits. If you want to try something healthier, try see what happens if you just eat whatever *whole* plant foods you want for a month or two. It should bring you down to a lower equilibrium.
>>
>>7509971
Nonsense. Fat has by far the lowest satiation effect of all macronutients and higher fat intake is consistently associated with higher overall calorie intake and BMI (whereas reducing fat intake is consistently associated with successful weight loss). The most satiating foods are in fact potatoes, fruits, lean meats and whole grains.
>>
>>7510267
Have fun with that heart disease
>>
>>7507926

It'll take time to adjust to the new food.
Keep down the salt, and sugar intake.
Be selective about which type of carbs you intake. The lowest carbs I can eat is around 20-30%, under that I'll be too tired. It was an interesting experience.

Eating fat: be in the middle road, don't eat too much, but not too little, have diversivity. Don't be afraid of butter, it's still more healthy than margarine. A lot of fat who are "healty" has a bad omega3 / omega6 rate, don't eat food who are high on omega 6.
Avoid soyabased oil/food if you're male, it's high on estrogene.

I don't like chicken, mostly because they're mass murdered and full of chemicals, and don't really taste good, they're overrated as food. I don't eat pigs due to some traumatic experience. It's normal to dislike some food. :)
>>
>>7511300
Thanks for the help anon, I appreciate it.
>>
>>7508032
>>7508035
You are clearly a muslim who doesnt want to admit it, and you dug yourself deeper into a hole by lying. Fear of backlash caused an even bigger shitstorm than if you would have just said it.
>>
You don't deserve help eating healthy if you straight up refuse to eat vegetables or any meat but beef. Fuck off you useless fat shit.
>>
>eat only whole plant foods
>taking off a fifth of a pound a week
>getting floor BMI down to 18.6
>shit happens and I binge for a week on my favorite whole plant foods
>snap out of it
>assume I've gained multiple pounds of fat and will take weeks to catch up
>stand on scale next day and already where I had planned to be a month ago
>it was just water
>>
>>7508001
I've just decided this thread is not real.
>>
>>7510267
honestly, just try eating less
>>
>>7511315
Why would I lie? If I was a Muslim I wouldn't deny it, don't see anything wrong with being a Muslim, as long as they don't try to kill me.
>>
>>wants to eat healthy
>>doesn't want to eat vegetables
>>
>>7507926
You could always do the Caitlyn Jenner method.
>>
For many, that doesn't work for more than a few days. It's more effective to improve the quality of food. You can eat more volume that way for the same net calories.
>>
>>7511352
Because being a Westboro Baptist tier fanatic is worse than a shitskin muslim.
Are you a Pentecostal?
>>
>>7511371
No, I'm not. And I'm not Westboro Baptist tier, I just follow the Old Testament more than I do the New Testament.
>>
>>7511379
I have a cousin like you, he unironically believes that evolution is a controversial subject that should be broached tactfully, and with no women and children in the room, to avoid offending human decency.
>>
>>7511379
>And I'm not Westboro Baptist tier,
>I just follow the Old Testament more than I do the New Testament.

I truly hope on day you see the irony in this post.
Also how is being on the computer not breaking sabbath? Thats a commandment afterall.
>>
>>7511394
Can we please stop discussing my religion? This is a thread about healthy eating, not a thread about Christianity.
>>
>>7511399
It's actually a thread about all the things you won't eat because of your religion and being to lazy to figure out your own eating habits that will fit into your religious ideology.
>>
>>7511403
The only thing I won't eat because of my religion is pork, everything else is out of personal preference.
>>
>>7511405
Fuck off zealot
>>
>>7511399
Sure, you shouldnt have brought it up in the first place. And im not sure why you are being so fucking secretive and weird about it.

You are putting effort into fixing your body, maybe you should put some effort into testing your faith.
You have contradicted yourself several times in this thread, you cant just pick and choose what you want to believe.

Whats the point of faith if you wont go all in?
Are you scared to have faith?
Are you scared to think outside of your faith?

You are being too crazy for the progressive denominations, but you are being too weak and wishy washy for the orthodox denominations. I just dont understand it.
>>
>>7511405
>The only thing I won't eat because of my religion is pork

But there are other dietary restrictions literally right after the verse you posted above earlier.
>>
>>7511403
It's actually a think about shrill atheists tripping over each other to show how they totally don't care about religion, by making a big deal about religion.

It's the same thing we see when someone casually mentions they're a vegetarian, nobody can just let it go, it turns into a circlejerk of pushy, self-righteous idiots who think that someone else saying "I don't eat X" means shoving their values down our throats, while ironically pouring an inordinate amount of emotional energy into shoving their own values down the throat of anyone who doesn't like X, by trying to convince them that it's wrong to not eat X.

As /ck/ so often demonstrates, young adults who have spent all their lives in an ideologically dull environment often find themselves unable to conduct themselves as adults when they are eventually exposed to people with a different value system.
>>
>>7511410
I'm not going to do everything the Old Testament tells me to do, because in this millennium the world is very different.

>>7511417
Yes, but I don't believe that there's anything wrong with eating those foods. Pigs are filthy, they roll around in and eat their own feces.
>>
>>7511318

> You don't deserve help eating healthy if you straight up refuse to eat vegetables or any meat but beef. Fuck off you useless fat shit.

why that hostility?
You're a worthless piece of scum.
>>
>>7511420
>self-righteous idiots who think that someone else saying "I don't eat X" means shoving their values down our throats

People just realize that anyone holding these archaic views may not be shoving values down our throats right now, but on the same token are voting in fucking laws in place like Indiana right now.

Sure you cant blame the 70 year old indoctrinated folk for having such beliefs, but its the fucking information age.

It is really hurting people by trying to get them to look at what they actually believe?
Especially when they bring it up and the thread was DOA from him being a nitpicky manchild?

I have more respect for the God Hates Fags idiots than OP.
Literally sitting here saying he is going to defy gods word because "its a new millenium" but them later try and reference and point out that his word is supposed to be the absolute truth.

He is a fucking idiot.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 720x405
>>7511438
>>
>>7511442
The euphoric meme is just a defense mechanism to not even think, just deflect.
Being weak in how you live your life, which is scary because of the whole burning for an eternity deal.

Good luck, blindly believing what you want when you cant even fall into place with other people in your chosen religion.

Maybe you will hop off that fence instead of being a weekend christian
>>
>>7511453
I haven't been inside a church in maybe 15 years, m'lord.

Maybe you should move out of Indiana instead of pouring all of your emotional energy into online freakouts about all these hillbillies who think dinosaurs roamed the earth with the cave men.
>>
>tfw new to /ck/ and enter thread because unhealthy fat fuck like OP
>bible discussion and euphoria

I see a lot of advice to eat less, is there a good way to curb appetite that isn't just punching yourself in your stomach whenever you want to eat?
>>
>>7511465
Drink lots of water and chew gum. If you really want to get extreme, take up cigarettes
>>
>>7507926
eat whatever you want. just make sure it's below your calorie maintenance.
>>
>>7511465
avoid high glycemic index foods
eat more vegetables and nuts, especially dark green leafy vegetables, and less sweet fruits
the more you have to chew it, the better
intermittent fasting can help psychologically
drink more water
careful with alcohol (people who struggle with their weight often forget to count this)

and now, back to your regularly scheduled angsty teen atheist shitposting
>>
>>7507926
Quit being a fucking baby and eat vegetables you fucking man child .
>>
>>7511465
coffee.

coming down from caffiene curbs your appetite big time. other than that pound water 15 minutes before meals. the amount of time it takes your stomach to tell your brain it's full is probably the slowest process in the human body. (compared to processing pain and shit) it takes actual minutes so you end up eating more than you need to be full because you didn't know you were full. so by pounding water your stomach has enough time to process it's being filled so by the time you start eating you don't need much more to get that satisfied feeling
>>
>>7511532
caffeine tolerance happens in a matter of days, it can be helpful with IF but it's not a miracle drug

I'm on a cut right now and I'm doing a cup of coffee with yohimbine first thing in the morning before 60 minutes cardio, then another cup of coffee to hold me off until lunch

I got a glimpse of myself in the mirror after lifting yesterday and I'm already looking pretty amazing if I do say so myself

but I have another 2 weeks to go on this cycle, shit is going to get real shreddy before this is done
>>
>>7508070
This was the point where I closed the thread.
>>
>>7511574
But you're still here.
>>
File: ploughmansAlmost.jpg (1 MB, 2656x1494) Image search: [Google]
ploughmansAlmost.jpg
1 MB, 2656x1494
>>7507926
I just made a healthy snack, something like a plougman's lunch. Pic related. I used a vintage filter to make the photograph look more traditional.
>>
>>7511607
>it's healthy because it has 3 scraps of raw leaves
lol
>ploughman's lunch is traditional
nope
>>
>>7507961
Picky eaters should be executed
>>
>>7511607
>Cured meat
>Wheat
>Dairy
That's the opposite of healthy bud
>>
>>7508015
Muslims should be tortured, then executed
Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.