[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've never run into this in real life, but on /ck/ I see
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: delicious.jpg (118 KB, 457x500) Image search: [Google]
delicious.jpg
118 KB, 457x500
I've never run into this in real life, but on /ck/ I see people suggesting that an aversion to this type of food is for "liberals" and "women"

Are there places where liking low quality junk food is perceived as more masculine? These kinds of frankenfoods didn't even exist in olden times, so how can eating foods made entirely of fucked up chemicals be a sign of good old fashioned conservative values?
>>
>>7507816
They saw an imgur meme that taught them water is a chemical, and now everyone is stupid except them. How is this hard to understand?
>>
Being wary to eat petrochemical science food-product is being anti-corporation and therefore anti-jobs and anti-AMERICA
>>
>>7507816
Good evening anon! You seem to have made a mistake, see these American-made products are formulated to be high quality and great value. Casting doubts over the masculinity of our fine country's outstanding produce makes me seriously doubt you have even had your daily burger...

You have had your burger today, right?
>>
File: 1452484640005.jpg (15 KB, 321x204) Image search: [Google]
1452484640005.jpg
15 KB, 321x204
>Americans making Anti-American threads and pretending to be Euros

American /ck/ is just as bad as American /int/.
>>
>>7507816
I have no idea what you just said.
>>
>>7507885
>Anti-American
Looks like you fit the description. Which red state do you live in, cleetus?
>>
A man cares about one thing: IS IT DELICIOUS?
>>
>>7507903
pretty much, no amount of powdered flavoring is going to make puffed corn, potato flour, rice meal and Palm and/or cottonseed oil taste delicious.
>>
>>7507910
Except various amounts of various powdered flavorings do make puffed corn, potato flour and rice meal taste delicious.
>>
>>7507938
Not really though. By which I mean, not at all.

I guess the takeaway here is that if your parents fed you trash because they didn't give a shit about you growing up, your parents are mondelez and the andy capp cheesey snacks corporation of pittsburgh. For this reason you would get very butthurt when someone doesn't like your "parents".
>>
>>7507816
It's because 4chan, mostly /pol/, is contrarian as fuck. Eating more healthy is associated with feminine 'cuck' liberals so they have to do the exact opposite of that. If liberals said they'd rather stay on the cliff /pol/ would jump right off it.
>>
>>7507897
They're all pretty much the same
>>
The only thing thats ever bothered me with artificial ingredients are the colorings.
I'm perfectly fine with consuming monosodium glutamate, dextrose and hydrolyzed soy, but.. yellow #6? Yellow #5 lake?
What the fuck is that shit?

I've always wondered what food would look like without all the artificial colors.
>>
>>7507816
liberals have a weird purity thing about food. Women care about their health more than men. That's why it's seen that way- a real man doesn't give a fuck about what goes into his body as long as it tastes good
>>
I hate it when I want to buy something like yogurt or juice and the packaging is all pink with gay looking lettering
>>
>>7508636
It looks grey
>>
>>7508640
>gender role memes from 1953
flyover as fuck, how many "make me a sammich" shirts do you own?
>>
People who live in a place where Agribusiness and Food Processing is a big part of the economy are not going to be critical of these industries and their products. Being critical is a threat to the livelihoods of people who live there, so anyone who's not eating Tyson chicken, Hormel meat, General Mills cereal and Kraft cheese is the enemy..

The same thing happens in places where the Petrochemical industry is big business. Speaking out on the side of environmental issues is such places will be mocked because it's a threat to the livelihoods of people living there.
>>
>>7508897
It is a well known fact that married men live longer because their wives make them go to the doctor and stay healthy. Pull your head out of your ass

t. actuary
>>
>>7507903
A real man cares about whether his last kill is sufficient to keep his wife, children, and parents well fed until he makes his next kill.
>>
>>7508955
Aside from "married men live longer" every other word of your post is conjecture, including "and" and "the".
>>
>>7507816
Usually caring about what you eat makes you seem like you're on a diet or fuss too much, something that mostly women do. But if you think about it, working to provide your body with the most essential nutrition to get shit done can be a pretty masculine trait.

>>7508640
>Women care about their health more than men.
Most women care more about their weight. They would do unhealthy shit like starving themselves or going on a fad diet just to lose a couple of pounds.
>>
>>7508967
Roasty getting toasty.
>>
>>7509136
How does that even follow?
>>
>>7509180
Just take a step back and calm down a bit before you totally derail this thread.
>>
>>7509185
>uses the term "roasty" unironically
>perfectly calm
Are you the sad sack who posts those "please refrain from mentioning your sex and/or gender" posts any time someone mentions a GF or BF?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.