[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is some weird shit you frequently consumed as a child? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3
File: milo.jpg (104 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
milo.jpg
104 KB, 375x500
What is some weird shit you frequently consumed as a child? I used to make chocolate milk and pile the chocolate powder 5 inches high then eat with a spoon. I also used to drink glasses full of straight cordial and eat those powered juice mix drinks straight from their bags. I'm surprised I don't have diabetes today.
>>
I drank a lot of Coors as a child then smoked pot when I was over 12 year of age.

The adults who lived with me (some people call them parents) didn't care one iota.
>>
>>7507558

Sounds comfy.

I grew up poor.

Two slices of bread, mustard, AMERICAN cheese, and jalapeƱo slices.
>>
>>7507558
Watermelon flavored lipbalm.
I also sometimes poured some salt on my hand and licked it off.
>>
Cheez its and chocolate milk. I would much a handful of crackers and take a swig of chocolate milk. Great flavor combo. Terribly fattening. I was not a fit child until I started playing sports in high school.
>>
I use to take saltine crackers and pour them in a bowl over milk and eat them.
>>
>>7507558
Cordial? Isn't that some sort of old timey medicine?
>>
>>7507654
Moron spotted
>>
I'd slice tomatoes in half and then dunk them in sugar.
>>
The weirdest thing I'd ever eat was a milkshake my grandpa taught me to make, he called it an egg flip:
>1 raw egg
>glass of milk
>two teaspoons sugar
>few drops vanilla extract
Then blend it all together. It was pretty good from memory. Everyone was disgusted when I told them I eat raw eggs though.

I used to have one for breakfast all the time. I stopped when I had one for afternoon tea before a soccer match and threw up everywhere during the game
>>
>>7507685
sounds like a virgin eggnog to me
>>
>>7507558
baked beans with salad cream for breakfast
cereal with no milk
hard boiled eggs and salad cream
>>
>>7507648

Same, but I dipped them like cookies in a glass of milk. Still do desu
>>
When I was a teen I would take chili powder, chili flakes, cayenne pepper powder, mix it together and cook it on bacon, which I would burn to a crisp. Called it flamethrower bacon. Dad called it Teargas Bacon
>>
instant cinnamon raisin oatmeal made with cold water from the tap
>>
>>7507744
Wait, is this weird?
>>
>>7507558
Take a loaf of bread
Either slice it or not
Pile butter on each slice or hunk
Reassemble
Microwave
Eat the buttersoaked soggy hot chewy bread. The end piece is even better
If you're feeling especially degenerate add jam, luckily this was not a frequent affair. [spoiler]The adding jam part[/spoiler]
>>
>>7507689
The Flip predates Eggnog by about 100 years, but it's supposed to have liquor in it.

Sounds more like he tried to create an Egg Cream without knowing that there's no actual egg in an Egg Cream.
>>
I used to eat all the leftover cake frosting out of the cup. Probably contributed to my pathological hatred of cake frosting.
>>
mayo mixed with cress wrapped in a slice of ham
>>
>>7507558

Mix sugar with fat free milk.

What can I say? I loved the left over milk from eating cereals, so why not just go straight to the best part?
>>
>>7508084
i did this too. i love that shit
>>
microwaved kraft singles sandwiches.
Reminds me of Animaniacs
>>
File: ING-malt-vinegar_sql.jpg (34 KB, 370x370) Image search: [Google]
ING-malt-vinegar_sql.jpg
34 KB, 370x370
I used to drink vinegar when I was young. Only a little, like the same amount as a shot but my mom caught me doing it and got angry because she thought it would kill me or something.

Some time later, she caught me doing it again so took my ps1 and TV from my room and said I could only play it in the kitchen from then on.

I still dwell on this now ;_;
>>
One time I put a bunch of sliced pieces of ham in a pot and melted a whole stick of cream cheese. Wasn't too bad
>>7508900
I took a shot of balsamic vinegar once as a kid and ate whole raw onions
>>
I used to make mustard sandwichs
>>
Pickle (dill chips) and peanut butter and mayo on whole wheat makes a nice sandwich.

Also a big fan of egg creams which is chocolate syrup and milk blended with soda water.
>>
>>7507558
Graham crackers and milk, eaten like cereal
Sometimes I would chew up a cracker so it'd be mushy and put it on another uneaten cracker
Doritos + Cottage cheese (great but makes you feel like a trainwreck after)
>>
>>7507558
Raw ramen noodles
Great if you don't want to mess up some dishes, I thought as a kid
>crush noodles in pouch with blunt force
>open a tiny bit
>empty seasoning packet into bag
>shake shake shake
>enjoy!
>>
>>7509352
Everyone did that anon
Easiest budget snack ever
>>
>>7507558
Fill a glass with cookies, pour in milk, let them soak for a bit, drink the milk, then eat the mush with a spoon

Hot dogs with ranch + yellow mustard + a dill pickle spear, sounds gross but is actually pretty solid
>>
>>7509352

Same here desu, It was all the rage. All the jealous kids would say we'd get worms from doing that.
>>
I feel like I didn't eat anything that weird when I was a kid. I would wrap a dill pickle spear with American cheese and a slice of deli ham and eat that, basically a shitty pinwheel without a tortilla.

I tried eating pancakes with ketchup once. I didn't hate it but I never did it again.
>>
>>7507558
I ate ketchup and bread sandwiches and drank water with an inch of sugar on the bottom
>>
>>7507558
>I also used to drink glasses full of straight cordial

Fuark that is gross. I was a sugar fiend as a kid and I wouldn't be able to do that
>>
File: dave_circus2.jpg (16 KB, 246x300) Image search: [Google]
dave_circus2.jpg
16 KB, 246x300
>>7507607
>I also sometimes poured some salt on my hand and licked it off.

Ladies and gentlemen, i present you the poorest kid in America!
>>
>>7510044
>>7509366
>>7509288
>>7508900
>>7507744
>>7507677
>>7507644

check'em
>>
>>7507558
Eggo chocolate chip waffles, i always ate them out of the freezer cold... still do sometimes, they're pretty good like that.
>>
Eat the crust off of three pieces of bread, then squish it down into one ball of bread.
>>
>>7507685
My Dad used to make these all the time when I was a kid. Pretty good.
>>
I'd eat dry oats
>>
>>7510069
Hell yeah
>>
I use to take butter, cut it and arrange it on a bagel then put it in the microwave so it would melt into the bagel then eat the bagel
>>
I'd unroll an entire froot by da foot an line gushers on it the whole way down. Then roll it up like a taquito and eat it that way.
>>
>>7510069
My nigga
>>
>>7510086
I thought I was the only one, anon.
>>
>>7508900
I still do this.. also I'll mix white vinegar, olive oil, and salt and drink that. Mouth is watering thinking about it. What the fuck is wrong with me.
>>
>>7510086
Me too.

Imagine my surprise when one day I stopped doing it and my huge flatulence problem disappeared soon after. I might have gotten laid during high school if I had realised the cause sooner.
>>
I used to cut thick slices of cheddar cheese and put peanut butter on them. Still one of my guilty pleasures actually, but I used to do it quite frequently.
>>
>>7510452
I just tried this. Not bad.
>>
>>7507558
I'd make cream cheese sandwiches and then toast them
don't know how I didn't fuck up the toaster
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.