[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's in your crock pot /ck/? Cooking up spicy chicken chili.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 20160324_162405.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160324_162405.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
What's in your crock pot /ck/?

Cooking up spicy chicken chili.
>>
>>7505354
Wait a sec. Breast meat? Why would you use breast meant for a braised dish? And why didn't you brown it first?
>>
>>7505373
I season the chicken then put it in the pot. 40min before it times out I shred the chicken.

Should I be browning them?
>>
>>7505384

You don't have to but it will taste better if you brown the meat first.

Also leg/thigh meat is not only cheaper than breast, but tastes better in a braise/stew/chili
>>
>>7505404
For my next batch of chicken chili I'll go to the store and get leg and finding that instead of chicken breast. I've been using chicken breasts because that's stuff the recipe called for.

Thank you anon
>>
good idea

i'm going to make that for dinner tonight
>>
>>7505463
Nice.
Godspeed anon
>>
>>7505354
I primarily use mine to make beans. I make other things too but I always make beans in the crock pot.
>>
>>7505701
Just beans? Like Boston baked beans?
>>
I made a slow cooker jambalaya the other day and it was preddy good.

should learn how to make it from scratch but im a lazy cunt and this tastes great
>>
Pork butt, Boston butt or pork shoulder. Whatever it's called in your part of the world. There are a ton of recipes out there. I like to make an Asian style, for lack of better words, braise liquid and make some slaw. Asian style slaw. A different take on pulled pork sandwiches. Nothing truly Asian about them though.

Anyway, when you slow cook pork shoulder reduce the drippings into a sauce. Pull the pork as normal and toss in a big bowl with the reduced drippings.
>>
File: peanhamYUMYUMSFAGGT.jpg (55 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
peanhamYUMYUMSFAGGT.jpg
55 KB, 500x375
I love pea and ham.
>bed of carrots, celery, onion, herbs
>Split green peas
>2-3 ham hocks
>bit of curry (not too much)
>salt reduced stock
>many hours

I would eat this every day despite the amount of farts it produces. MMMM FARTS.
>>
>>7507439
I've always wanted to make shrimp jambalaya in my pot but never bothered. Seems complicated.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.