[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
non dairy milk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
What's the best non-dairy milk?

I'm trying to cut down on dairy to improve my skin. So far I've tried coconut, almond, and soya.
I was going to settle on soya since it's cheaper than the others and tastes more like regular milk, however I've been told that it's not good for men as it contains more estrogen. Will too much soya milk cause me to develop breasts or something?
>>
Milk is a meme
>>
>>7504439
>no dairy
>milk
Oxymoron. Milk is a dairy product. Soy/almond/rice "milk" isn't milk, it's beverage.

>Will too much soya milk cause me to develop breasts or something?
No, knock yourself out.
>>
>>7504459
okay, I'm after a beverage that works with cereal, tea, coffee etc.
As long as soya doesn't compromise my manliness, then I'll stick with it
>>
>>7504439
I really like rice milk. I used to buy it even before my interest in veganism cause I enjoyed the taste. Goes well with cereal (don't drink coffee and never tried with tea).
Watch out tho, this brand "alpro" isn't really milk, it's more of a nut-flavored water.
>>
>>7504439
Enjoy you gyno bro
>>
>>7504486
>Watch out tho, this brand "alpro" isn't really milk, it's more of a nut-flavored water.
No shit, what do you think it would be? All "nut milks" are nut mixed water.
>>
>>7504575
Yeah I know but this one contains almost no nut. It's not milk-like at all.
Well, to be fair I just tasted the coconut one and I thought it was just plain water with an aftertaste of coconut. Coconut milk is usually thick and tasty
Maybe the other ones are ok tho
>>
Almond milk, it's the most expensive and it goes good with cereal since it tastes like nut milk.
>>
>>7504731

Your mom likes my nut milk.
>>
Depends on what flavours you like bro, the coconut one is great and so is the almond.
>>
Unsweetened almond and it's not even close
>>
>>7504791
Tho for breakfast and shiz I really like the soy-vanilla one.A real treat
>>
>>7504439
Why do people switch to "nut milks" to be healthy when in reality they're loaded with all sorts of artificial additives?

>Cow's milk
One ingredient. Milk.

>Nut milks
Pic related; contains more sugar than it does almonds. Not to mention the other BS.
>>
Depends really. For coffee and cereal I prefer soy-rice milk (the blend of both), because it has a gentle sweetness even without sugar.
For cooking, unsweetened soy milk is the way to go.
As a drink on it's own I absolutely love all the nut milks and the coconut-soy/rice blends.
>>
I like cashew milk.
>>
>>7504823
>buying sweetened nut milk
>buying nut milk
Make your own
>>
Speaking of trying to eat healthier. How many grams of buckwheat is in one serving, and how do you prepare one serving of buckwheat, and what's the nutritional info. ?
>>
>>7504439
I used to shill soy until I found a brand of almond mylk Aldi sells. Top shit.

Soy milk gets mixed with oil of some kind (either vegetable or canola or whatever) to make it "creamy" which always made me wonder why I thought it was nasty.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.