[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any pleasure to be had in vodka, or is it basically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
Is there any pleasure to be had in vodka, or is it basically an alternative to shooting up with pure alcohol?
>>
I know I had some green apple vodka once, and I thought it tasted great at the time. But I was already pretty drunk by the time I got around to a few shots of it.
>>
I can't find any pleasure in drinking anything with more than 15vol%

It does the job but the taste is abyssal
>>
>>7498210
Yeah to be frank this
I have occasional vodhka when i want to just forget about life and like what to do tomorrow
I drink beer and wine for comfy time
>>
>>7498204
Well seeing as though the goal that vodka aims for is to have as little taste as possible while still getting you drunk we'll have to assume it's an alternative.
>>
Apart from mixing, you mean?
>>
File: imperia[1].jpg (14 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
imperia[1].jpg
14 KB, 400x600
>>7498204
Of course there is but the only pleasure that will come from drinking Smirnoff straight is following it with cursing. Shit tastes like rubbing alcohol smells.
The bare minimum for straight drinking for any reason other than simply getting trashed as fast as possible seems to be around the 30 dollar mark, stuff like Belvedere or Goose, preferably better. It's not the most expensive or anything but I really like this stuff.
>>
>>7498210
I don't know that feel, senpai.
Brandy is delicious. Whisky is delicious. Rum is delicious.
>>
Nobody drinks lukewarm vodka, that shit's vile.
But what I've experienced is that vodka's taste really changes drastically for the better when you chill it properly in a freezer.
>>
>>7498242
Yep. I've had Bloody Maries, and vodka is the only hooch for the job.

But straight, I have serious doubts. I'd be interested to hear a different perspective, though.
>>
Slavfag here. What you do, is you buy a good brand, none of that 30 euros per bottle shit. Then you stick in the freezer for two days. If it looks like clear machine oil while being poured, it's the right temperature. Then you down it in one go. Then, comrade, and only then, vodka is good.
>>
>>7498272
Wouldn't that be like drinking liquid ice?
>>
>>7498278
It is exactly like drinking liquid ice, with the caveat that said ice is made of fire. Is foundation of slav physics.
>>
File: Putinoff_1024.jpg (54 KB, 582x1024) Image search: [Google]
Putinoff_1024.jpg
54 KB, 582x1024
>>7498257
>bare minumum
>30 dollar mark
I feel bad for you on the other side of the pond
>>7498265
>chill it properly in a freezer
chilling liquor in freezers is about as far from proper as it gets
>>7498272
>you buy a good brand
>Then you stick in the freezer
>only then, vodka is good
using veeery cheap vodka would be just about the same there tho

pic related goes for €10/lit and it's quite enjoyable on the rocks
>>
>>7498204
The only worth vodka has is paint thinner.
>>
>>7498265
>used to drink vodka at room temp erry day
Honestly you stop caring about taste when your broke as fuck and just need to get trashed. Had to quit once health problems really started became too much though.
>>
>>7498424
I keep vodka in the freezer. It makes it even have less taste which is what i prefer plus it's a pleasant sensation drinking something that is at below freezing temperature.
>>7498257
I've tried all of the top shelf vodkas and there is no
difference in taste between them and smirnoff if it's kept in the freezer.
>>
The best way to enjoy vodka is to infuse it yourself.

Throw it in a jar with just about any fruit, vegetable, herb or spice, and shake it up every day for anywhere from 2 days to a month. Taste it regularly to see where it's going. Once it's done, strain the solids out and slowly pour it through cheesecloth or any fine mesh to get all the sediment out, and toss it in the freezer.

Cucumber vodka is my favorite.
>>
>>7498204
Zubrowka tastes nice and it costs like 13€ per litre
>>
>>7498265
I drink straight lukewarm vodka straight from the bottle. I don't like it but it's the least unpleasant way to get drunk cheap.
>>
>>7498527

It tastes literally like hew flavored ethanol with hints of woodruff.
>>
>>7499730

*hay
>>
For me, beer and wine are what I drink to get drunk or for pleasure most of the time. I really dislike any liquor for the most part. Vodka is the only one that I "like" because at least it doesn't pretend to have some vast flavor that I'm too pleb to appreciate like whisky.
>>
get good quality. make some mix drinks and you will not have a hangover the next day.
>>
>>7499734
Hay baybayyyy
>>
I'm working my way through the Polish rye vodkas now.
>>
File: luksusowa-640x853[1].jpg (52 KB, 640x853) Image search: [Google]
luksusowa-640x853[1].jpg
52 KB, 640x853
>>7499856
have you done potato yet?
>>
>>7498272

> good brand, none of that 30 euros per bottle shit

I don't speak Slav, but I would guess that you mean "don't waste money on expensive vodka you could spend on more vodka"?
>>
File: 10555347.jpg (24 KB, 225x600) Image search: [Google]
10555347.jpg
24 KB, 225x600
>>7498204
> Is there any pleasure to be had in vodka

Yes there is, like others said good brand doesn't taste like rubbing alchole.
>>
I can find it enjoyable as long as it doesn't have a strong flavour like most dirt cheap vodka's do.
It's just like the equivalent of enjoying hot peppers, some people like the burn, some don't.
>>
File: Leelee.jpg (22 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Leelee.jpg
22 KB, 500x500
Sobiessski.

Warm, it is smooth.
Chilled, it is water.
>>
>>7500159
better than graygoose imho
>>
>>7500159

You aren't wrong. and it's like 21 dollars for a handle at my local package shop.
>>
>>7500170
>handle
It's technically not a handle its in metric and its 1.75 liter.
>>
>>7500174
... yeah, a handle.
>>
If I like the crispness of finlandia what other brands should i try?
>>
>>7500174

whatever autist, it's one of the big ones.
>>
File: 1447671275949.jpg (30 KB, 387x290) Image search: [Google]
1447671275949.jpg
30 KB, 387x290
>Drinking alcohol
>>
>>7500187
If you can taste the difference between vodkas, they're pretty diverse actually and you're not going to find anything quite similar to finlandia, at least on American shelves.
>>
>>7500187
Snow Queen or Stoli Elit, they're both very pure and very crisp.

>>7499870
I mean "get fucking Belvedere and stop fussing".
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.