[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Electric Stoves
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 1280x720
Just moved into a new apartment, who can I blame for this abomination
>>
>>7494720
yourself for being poor
>>
>>7494720
there's literally nothing wrong with electric stoves faggot
>>
Blame the 1970s
>>
jews, obviously
>>
Better than an induction hob
>>
I just moved out for the first time and it pisses me off that we have a gas oven and stove because the daily connection costs for gas are so high. FUCK gas appliances.
>>
>>7494760
>ban all gas related implements
>muh 6 gorillion
>>
>>7494785
>complaining about superior cooking technology
get out
>>
>>7494754
they're the worst of the stoves, but i guess its not too bad. 3 of 4 of the coils in my apartment literally take a year to boil water.. temperature control is more difficult and they're a pain to clean. you can't use a traditional wok either.. They also always seem to have a hard time staying level and warping.
>>
>>7494842
That''s just because it's a shitty old stove. If it was a shitty old gas stove, you'd probably be dead.
>>
>>7494720
Your landlord for buying it and yourself for accepting it. Did you not see the place before you signed the lease?
>>
>>7494720
Yourself. Next time check the apartment fully before you sign.
>>
>>7494789
Muh six fintillion
>>
>>7494842
>literally
You mean figuratively.
>>
>>7494842
This is not how the stove is supposed to be. Electric stovetop coils should get red hot within 30 seconds. The coils are either just old and need to be replaced, the connector terminals need to be cleaned and sanded down, or the receptacles under the cooktop are burned out and need replacing. You are wasting a lot of money in electricity. If it's your home, I'd pop the elements out and diy it. If you're a renter, see if the landlord will fix it. It's a safety issue having fried electrical components on a stove. It's almost always an element connector issue that some sandpaper will fix.
>>
>>7494728
Amusingly enough the dirt cheap apartments where I live are the only ones with gas ranges. The drawback is that you will have to deal with the the drug dealers that sell every possible drug imaginable and their pit bulls; they are the only apartment complexes in the area that accept pit bulls as well...
>>
>>7494720
I think you mean "whom."
>>
>>7494990
That's not how intensifiers work. The figurative use of "literally" relies on its literal meaning.
>>
At least yours doesn't lean at a 20-30 degree angle. Anytime I have a liquid in my pan, it all shifts to one side.
>>
electric stoves are the ultimate cuckoldry

i can't imagine using anything other than gas or MAYBE induction
>>
>>7494842
Put hot water in your pot beforehand and let the coils heat up before you set the pot down on them.
I'm sorry that your coils have a hard time warping. Mine have no problem doing that.
>>
>>7495106
My shitty rental does has a stove like this too. like 10-15 degrees. s m h
>>
>>7495103
>implying
>>
I bought a butane burner at my most recent apartment, and use that any time I need some temperature control. I don't think it's hot enough for a wok and I still use the electric range for anything like soups or boiling water because I don't need to fuck with the temperature as much.
>>
>>7495113
I despise induction stoves. I prefer even electric stoves to those fucking meme-machines. Gas is obviously the best choice
>>
My wife wanted a glass top electric, and this was before induction...

At least with the coils you can still use cast iron, our bloody useless stovetop has to be treated like a goddamn baby.

TFW the only time I get to break out the big iron is on the grill or in the oven.
>>
>>7495044
Orlando here, I totally sympathize with you 100%
>>
>>7495351
I have a cast iron pan that is enameled on the outside and just plain seasoned cast Iron inside. I use it on my glass cook top with no problems, doesn't scratch or anything.
>>
>>7495367
You got a link to where I can purchase that pan?
>>
>>7495363
Kissimmee here. I'm jealous of your problems.
>>
>>7495369
I think the brand name is Classica , I just got it off eBay.
>>
>>7495381
How's the meth farm these days?
>>
>>7495395
Meth is more Tampa, I've heard.
>>
>>7494842
stove coils are cheap

i used to fall for the only gas stove meme but in all seriousness a proper working electric stove cooks as well as a gas (not glass top, they're garbage) and the simple super ones are super easy to maintain/ repair on your own

i have a bottle torch for when i need an actual flame for some reason
>>
>>7495411
Pretty much accurate.

Melbourne here.
>>
I used to have a stove with 2 gas burners and 2 electric coils, I have never figured out the point of this, but I always used the electric. Maybe 'cause that's what I had been using for my whole life, or maybe gas secretly sucks?
>>
>>7495367
Yeah, I've seen those, but it would feel like cheating, I use a couple iron pans that have been in the family for generations. If I went out and bought fancy enameled cast iron my grandmother would haunt my ass and make my bread never raise properly again or something equally terrifying.
>>
>>7495447
Melbourne here too
>>
>>7495147
Get rekt fag
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.