[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys I have to make dessert for like 60 people. Any recommendations?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: 6e5.jpg (141 KB, 680x959) Image search: [Google]
6e5.jpg
141 KB, 680x959
Guys I have to make dessert for like 60 people. Any recommendations? It would have to be simple, economic and tasty without looking cheap.
Pic unrelated
>>
rice crispy treats but you Trix instead of rice crispies.
>>
>>7493725
jewish coffee cake
>>
Flan.
It's literally just mix shit together, strain and steam. All of five minutes of work time.
>>
>>7493725
Flan.
>>
>>7493725
Cream puffs
>>
>>7493734
dos votos para flan
>>
Ice cream
>>
File: 102782.jpg (42 KB, 640x408) Image search: [Google]
102782.jpg
42 KB, 640x408
>>7493725
Trifle.
Sherry Trifle.
English Trifle.
Trifle.
>>
>>7493750
Y creo que va a ser el ganador. Es bastante práctico de hacer.

Flan sounds about right. >>7493806
That looks delicious too.
>>
>>7493725
how much prep time do you have? what's your skill level? what's your budget?
>>
File: nanaimobar.jpg (18 KB, 307x204) Image search: [Google]
nanaimobar.jpg
18 KB, 307x204
nanaimo bars.

You can get a lot of bars out of every tray. They're very rich and tasty so a single portion will satisfy each diner. And they're no bake and not too hard to make.
>>
File: brigadeiro.jpg (1 MB, 2576x1932) Image search: [Google]
brigadeiro.jpg
1 MB, 2576x1932
Brigadeiros, bruh
this recipe serves 20
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
1 tablespoon butter
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk

In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine cocoa, butter and condensed milk. Cook, stirring, until thickened, about 10 minutes. You'll know it's cooked when you tip the pan and the mixture doesn't stick to it anymore. Remove from heat and let rest until cool enough to handle. Form into small balls and eat at once or chill until serving. Decorate using chocolate or sugar sprinkles.
>>
>>7493881

flan mes amigas

>>7493806
or trifle, trifle's good, but you'll need 5 trifle glasses at a minimum

here's my suggestion:
>apple pan dowdy
>icecream
>sundae toppings

easy, cheap, delicious and novelty for da kiddies
>>
>>7493734
this, it's fucking good
>>
>>7494104

This is why brazilians are awesome. this is just balls to the wall chocotruffle in a cup, why bother with anything else to cover it up or make it easier to handle, lol
>>
>>7493725
Individual Pavlovas. Piss easy (basic meringue, fruit, whipped cream), tasty, not too filling, and impressive to most people.

If you have a piping bag, pipe little 'nests' of meringue and it'll work nicely.
>>
File: 1442340318937.jpg (72 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1442340318937.jpg
72 KB, 600x800
>>7493725
rice pudding or bread pudding with cheap maple "syrup" (the $1 bottles)

>>7493939
Canuck fuck off
>>
>>7495901
i would take my chances with the goose
one good kick and im thinking it would fuck off
i would be a hero
>>
>>7493725

Make sweet ramen
>>
>>7495953
Geese are edible.
>>
>>7495966

This. If you're serving 60 low class weebs.
>>
corn bread
>>
Easiest solution: fondue fountain
Easy solution: bite sized pastries
Harder solution: individual creme brulee
Hardest solution: cakes, cakes everywhere
>>
>>7495953
>i would take my chances with the goose
I've been attacked by a goose. Believe me when I tell you they're horrible birds and you should steer clear of the miserable beasts
>>
>>7496103
fucking migratory bird act, you should just be able to take a garden shear to its neck and figure it's self defense
>>
Oatmeal
>>
OP here. Thanks for the replies.
Fortunately some friends are going to help me so I'll discuss the options. Once again thanks.
>hard mode: all of them are vegetarian/vegan :^)
>>
>>7496133
dubs speak truth yet again

fuck geese. the fucking thing beat me with it's wings and beak as I was trying my best to bike the fuck outta there. I don't know if this is even possible or not but at the time all that was running through my head was that if I were to fall off my bike it'd kill me
>>
Tiramisu, tasty AND easy so make ;)
>>
>>7496367
arsenic :3
>>
>>7493734
Do you know what is the best temperature and time for this dessert?
>>
>>7496367
Fruit salad with a tablespoon of jam mixed in then
>>
>>7493725
Bread pudding
>>
>>7496367
Do vegans despise milk?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.