[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm craving the shit out of a sandwich right now but I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Mayonnaise_(1).jpg (106 KB, 1024x681) Image search: [Google]
Mayonnaise_(1).jpg
106 KB, 1024x681
I'm craving the shit out of a sandwich right now but I'm with my mom for spring break and she has no mayo. How do I make it myself and/or what can I use instead?
>>
>>7493704
butter
>>
Oil, eggs, lemon juice

Good luck
>>
Pretty sure it's just veg. oil, eggs, and I want to say vinegar and salt?
>>
>>7493704
I dip my sandwitches in salsa and dislike mayo. I'm from Arizona though and salsa is good on everything. I like to make hot sandwitches with turkey and swiss with butter to crisp up the bread then I cut them in half diagonally and dip them or spoon salsa on top. My eggs are roughly 1/3 salsa as well.
>>
One spoon of vinegar, egg yolk, mustard, pepper.
Whip it hard, then start adding oil very slowly.

There, you have mayo but lost an arm.
>>
If you have a narrow container you can use a stick blender.
What I usually do
>1 egg yolk
>pinch of salt
>few drops lemon juice
>2 teaspoons vinegar
Mix it up real well, add a small amount of peanut oil, and give it a blast from the blender: start it, let go of the button, and drop it in the mixture so it stops by itself, do this 3 times. Add a bit more oil, repeat, adding a little more each time, until you have the desired thickness. Blending it too hard/long (by not letting go of the button) will 'break' the mayo and you'll have a very runny thing in the end.
>>
File: Just-Mayo-Retail.png (703 KB, 793x594) Image search: [Google]
Just-Mayo-Retail.png
703 KB, 793x594
>>7493704
You can't just go to a nearby store and buy some?
>>
>>7493704
I just fucked up pretty hard

>skim an about.com recipe
>whisk an egg yolk and the juice of one lemon
>steadily add one cup of olive oil
>produce a mayonnaise-consistency mess of olive and lemon
>>
Anybody here know why homemade mayo is always white while store-made is always yellow?
>>
>>7493721
I laughed
>>
>>7494913

they cum in the store-made stuff.
>>
60 seconds
(but it's in canadian french)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVvcjONTOGo
>>
Fool Proof Mayo

1 egg yolk
1 tbsp dijon mustard
3/4 - 1 cup veg. oil
pinch of salt
vinegar* to taste

In a medium sized bowl, whisk together egg yolk and mustard for about 60 seconds.
Add in oil 1-2 tbsp at a time, whisking to combine completely between each addition.
Season with salt and vinegar.

*Choose mild vinegars like rice, wine or sherry vinegar. Lemon juice is also a good choice.

Makes approx 1 c mayo. Recipe doubles well, and takes less than five minutes to make.
>>
>>7494913
Reverse for me.
>>
Mayo may be the most disgusting thing on the face of this planet.

You're better off without it.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.