[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This thread is for posting your favorite shows not necessarily
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
This thread is for posting your favorite shows not necessarily about cooking rather shows or movies that are about food. Pic related is a great documentary about how Chinese food has been influenced by American culture.
>>
>>7493631
>great documentary
That's a bit generous.
>>
>>7493631
All I got from that documentary was the Chinese think they invented fortune cookies and the actual inventor of General Tso's chicken is a Taiwanese guy who thinks the Burgerland version sucks.
>>
>pretty interesting documentary
>oh they have a recipe for chicken on the website
>specifically calls for non GMO ingredients
and just like they they have invalidated their entire platform
>>
>>7493631
Jiro Dreams of Sushi
Spinning Plates
Super Size Me
>>
>>7493851
>Super Size Me
don't watch that one, while it's fun it's also fiction
>>
>>7493851
Super size me is shit and only promotes a completely inaccurate view of nutrition and food.
>>
>>7493857
>>7493890
>butthurt mcdonlards
>>
>>7494080
I don't really even like mcdonalds anymore ever since they changed the food to be healthier, in an attempt to appeal to people who would never eat there anyway. and in the process everything tastes worse now.
I don't like eating there because my stomach hurts afterwards every time

that doesn't change the fact the movie is bullshit. He deliberately fattened himself up more on foods other than mcdonalds off camera, he refused to provide his diet log to be analyzed and prove it was only mcdonalds that made him so unhealthy.
it's equivalent to doing an experiment, publishing the results, but refusing to show people the data you collected
>>
File: somm-movie.jpg (81 KB, 575x250) Image search: [Google]
somm-movie.jpg
81 KB, 575x250
This is by far the best culinary movie I've seen.
I don't drink at all and I still adored this move.
>>
>>7493631
Have you seen Chef?
If you want to learn about Chinese food watch A Bite of China it's a good introduction series.
>>
>>7494255
Very good movie, those guys are insane
>>
>>7493851
>Jiro Dreams of Sushi

Ugh.

Like any intelligent, forward thinking citizens of the 21st century, my wife and I are feminists. And like any feminists we were shocked and disgusted by this movie.

Both the main character (Jiro) AND the narrator are male! If alarms aren't going off in your head so far you're probably a bigot. Things became more and more repulsive as the movie played on. All of the supporting characters are male! And even worse, almost every single character in the movie is male!

I don't care if this is a documentary. My wife left the room in tears at the end of the first hour during a particularly sickening scene where Jiro serves a room full of customers. He says (not an exact quote) "I made the meals smaller for the women and larger for the men so that everyone would finish at the same time." Things like this would be expected in a film about Adolf Hitler or Winston Churchill (both disgusting sexist pigs)but in a movie about food it was just chilling. And that wasn't even the worst part! The women in the room appeared (probably special effects or movie magic of some type) TO APPROVE OF THIS. Can you believe that?

My wife won't talk about it and I'm not sure I could if I wanted to. I finished the movie with tears in my bloodshot eyes. I can't believe we've advanced so far as a society and women are still seen as being gutter scum.

Anyone forward thinking enough to simply be on the internet, to find this movie, to read this review, will be disgusted by the brutally sexist assault on your senses and common decency this movie has gotten away with.
>>
>>7494339
This is my favorite Jiro copypasta. Although, to add, he really is a shit parent.
>>
>>7494346
>This is my favorite Jiro copypasta
Are you implying there are several?
>>
>>7494080
The fucking idiot was practically a vegetarian before the documentary, no shit suddenly switching to pretty much exclusively beef and chicken is going to fuck you up in that situation.
>>
>>7494255
Sounds interesting I'll have to watch it thanks!
>>
>>7494339
nice
>>
>>7493631
Chef's Table was alright
>>
If you don't just want documentaries there's "Burnt".
>>
>>7494286
Chef was pretty good.
>>
>>7494339
>probably special effects or movie magic
kek
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.