[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shit wine from homemade shit.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: thunder.jpg (10 KB, 433x295) Image search: [Google]
thunder.jpg
10 KB, 433x295
Can I ferment soda into alcohol?
>>
Awesome question and I reckon you can. Holy shit someone must try making soda wine.
>>
You probably could but it'd be a far from optimal environment for the yeast, so even if something happened I wouldn't expect any substantial level of alcohol to be obtained.
>>
>>7493437
Shit, the main reason I'm doing this is so I can mix some Mountain dew and Dr pepper I won in a raffle to do mad shit with. Still, worth a shot.
>>
Just mix water with dextrose and add distilling yeast to make hard alcohol and mix it with the soda
>>
>>7493442
What kind of fucking poverty raffle gives Mountain Dew and Dr Pepper as a prize?
>>
>>7493454
Yeah, I was at a goodwill.
There was a Sega Saturn there, so that was something.
But yeah, it was sad.
>>
DESU It was like two fucking crates of soda.
>>
What. Why did T.B.H become DESU?
>>
>>7493417
i think it would be to acidic, like
>>7493437
says its not the ideal environment for yeast

but then again turbo yeast is pretty nuts bro
try it see if it works
who cares
>>
>>7493470
i haven't seen desu in like 10 years and all the sudden niggas be like DESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESU
like they no a thing
chill FAMILY
>>
>>7493472
I agree, try it and post results
>>
>>7493479
How long should I brew?
>>
>>7493481
till it stops
do you know how to alcohol?
>>
Ok, Going to get this shit going
>>
you know what? this aint gonna work
forget the acid, too much sodium
this is gonna be stuck as fuck
>>
>>7493486
>>7493481
This, till it stops bubbling. Look up wine recipe but instead of adding sugar and grape juice just add the required yeast.
>>
>>7493489
Before anything, I think you should de-carbonate the sodas or you might be creating a bomb, the yeasting process already makes it really bubbly
>>
File: 1426182101987.jpg (30 KB, 596x334) Image search: [Google]
1426182101987.jpg
30 KB, 596x334
I did this a few weeks ago with a batch of Coca Cola and beer yeast. Ended up with an ok taste, and 6% ABV. It was an exciting experiment though. Could probably increase ABV by using wine-yeast instead.

I started by de-carbonating (boil for ~15 min), cooled it down, and then added some baking soda to reduce the acidity, so the yeast doesn't die.

Wait 2-4 weeks (till it stops bubbling), then add some sugar and bottle your brew.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.