[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dill thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: dill.jpg (8 KB, 285x177) Image search: [Google]
dill.jpg
8 KB, 285x177
What are other uses of dill except fish? In my country i can only think of traditional non-fish dish where it is a main ingredient (a kind of meat stew wth dill and vinegar). I've tried using it in other stuff it doesn't really fit in anything that i've made.
>>
pickles make them with dill
>>
I put it on salads and potatoes.
>>
Herb your chicken with it. Better yet, herb the chicken with dill, cut up some lemons and throw it all in the pressure cooker.
>>
>>7493368
Good with spinach.

Makes a god tier salad with romaine lettuce, scallions, feta cheese, olive oil and lemon juice.

Good with carrots.
>>
>>7493368
Delicious vegetarian version of a soup (usually done with lamb liver and pluck)

http://www.cooklikegreeks.com/en/recipes/vegetarian-magiritsa.html
>>
Buttered potatoes.
Beetroot soup.
Dill and chive dip.
Several Lao curries (Lao people use so much dill, that in Thailand, dill is called "Lao coriander/cilantro").
Afghani-style chickpea curry (similar in preparation to channa masala, though some of the herbs and spices differ).
Sesame/dill dip for vegetable fritters (taratour).
Several plovs/pilafs.
Lemon-and-dill salad dressing.
That's what I've got off the top of my head.
>>
>>7493368
I put dill in some lima bean, tomato, onion, garlic and olive oil sauce recipe that's baked in the oven.
>>
>>7493368
I put it in chicken/tuna salad or make a dip with sour cream, dill, minced onion, beau monde
>>
barscz
dillkott
cacik
>>
>>7493368

New potatoes.
>>
>>7493560
Do you come in peace?
>>
File: 20160127_200107~01.jpg (1 MB, 2322x4128) Image search: [Google]
20160127_200107~01.jpg
1 MB, 2322x4128
Bean soup.

Seriously, try making it with a touch of balsamic vinegar too.
>>
>>7493471
I would like to hear more.
>>
Dill butter roasted red potatoes. Yummm.
>>
>>7494903
>touch of balsamic vinegar
do not add vinegar to a soup. Hot/warm vinegar will destroy your teeth.

add a small amount of cayanne pepper, instead. I also add some tomato paste.
>>
>>7496700

kill yourself and let others live their fucking lives you puritanical cunt
>>
File: amys nervous tic.gif (575 KB, 417x380) Image search: [Google]
amys nervous tic.gif
575 KB, 417x380
>>7496700
2-4oz of vinegar in a large soup pot will not do anything you wretched human.
>>
>>7496700
>forever ignorant of the joys of hot and sour soup

What a dull world you live in
>>
>>7493368
Borscht!
>>
>>7493560
>barscz
Or as anglophones commonly call it, borscht.
>dillkott
https://nordenberlin.wordpress.com/2011/01/31/dillkott-a-swedish-delicacy/
Swedish lamb stew flavored primarily by dill, never heard of this one.
>cacik
More commonly known in the U.S. as tzatziki, or "gyro sauce" if your pronunciation of "gyro" sounds anything like "spiral".
>>
>>7493560
>>7496884
Cacik is runny usually, tzatziki isn't. Most tzatziki in US restaurants isn't even made with yogurt, but shit tier mix of sour cream and garlic powder.

You can make good tzatziki at home easily using a greek yogurt like Fage or straining any old yogurt yourself. Usually just involves grated cucumbers, minced garlic, olive oil, vinegar and dill.
>>
>>7496925
I've had runny tzatziki too. But yeah, def agree on making it at home. Loads better. The place near me at least has the decency to add mint and dill, but it's still fucking sour cream.

I'd actually never heard mention of vinegar, you have my attention, anon. What kind and how much? I'll try it next time I make some.
>>
>>7496978
The recipe below looks legit, I use red wine vinegar though.

http://www.acouplecooks.com/2014/06/authentic-tzatziki-greek-yogurt-cucumber-dip/

(Greek Yogurt Cucumber Dip)

by: a Couple Cooks
Serves: 2½ cups

WHAT YOU NEED

10 ounces cucumber (1 medium cucumber or ¾ large cucumber)
1 garlic clove
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill (do not substitute dried)
18 ounces full-fat Greek yogurt
1 ½ tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
Fresh ground black pepper

WHAT TO DO

Peel the cucumber, cut it in half, then scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Grate the cucumber using a box grater, then place the shreds in a fine mesh strainer and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Sprinkle with kosher salt, then let stand for at least 10 minutes to drain any remaining water. Squeeze once more to drain.
Mince 1 clove garlic and chop 1 tablespoon fresh dill.
When the cucumber is ready, mix cucumber, garlic, dill, 18 ounces Greek yogurt, 1 ½ tablespoons white wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon olive oil, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, and a few grinds of fresh ground black pepper. Refrigerate for at least 1 to 2 hours so the flavors can marry. Keeps up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
To serve, drizzle with olive oil; if desired, garnish with olives and a sprig of dill. Serve with pita, crackers, or vegetables.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.