[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
15.5 qt Dutch Oven
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 13
File: 15.5 qt.jpg (190 KB, 640x478) Image search: [Google]
15.5 qt.jpg
190 KB, 640x478
$675 on Amazon...

other cookware pieces you drool over?
>>
I would love a three piece pan set of copper, stainless steel, non-stick and cast iron each. Having the right pan for the right job is a real necessity for some dishes and it makes it that much harder when you don't have it at your ready.
>>
File: PacoJet_2.jpg (469 KB, 1200x1106) Image search: [Google]
PacoJet_2.jpg
469 KB, 1200x1106
>>7492707

Meh, Le Crueset has a nice reputation and all, but as time goes on their stuff keeps getting thinner and thinner. That's a fucking step backwards when it comes to a Dutch oven. I'd rather have a knockoff at this point as at least those are full thickness. The quality of their enamel is fantastic though!

As for what I'm drooling over: A pacojet. Alas I'll probably never buy one as the price is absurd for home use.
>>
>>7492707

I honestly never cook for enough people to have any use for a pot that big.

Definitely want a good quality, smaller sized enameled cast iron, though.
>>
>>7492720
>Meh, Le Crueset

So what is good example of a God-Tier dutch oven?
>>
File: philips-pasta-maker-5.jpg (240 KB, 575x390) Image search: [Google]
philips-pasta-maker-5.jpg
240 KB, 575x390
I would love a Philips Pasta maker, mostly for the ravioli sheets because that is a pain to make by hand and almost impossible on your own.
>>
>>7493334
>>ravioli sheets

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the easiest kind of pasta to make? The kind that doesn't even need a machine? You can just roll out the pasta with a rolling pin....
>>
>>7493355
The only way I've made the sheets is with a hand-crank pasta machine. It would be really, really hard to roll it that thin by hand.
>>
>>7492733
Staub has dimples

t. Staub Owner
>>
>>7492707
Is that Le Creuset?
I have 3 Le Creuset saucepans and a frying pan. The handles are coming loose on all the saucepans, and the edges starting to rust (even though I wash them by hand), the frying pan handle started twisting right round and dangling loose, and the coating started coming off the inside, making rust show through. I've had to send the frying pan off to them to see what they can do. Previously had a Le Creuset oven dish which cracked in half in the fucking oven, and a marmalade jar which also split in half.

Annoyed, because these pans and stuff are meant to be the shit and last frigging forever, not do shit like this after less than 10 years. That's why people buy this brand.

Not sure I'd buy Le Creuset again. The only thing I've got by them which has been decent is a salt pig, a teapot, a sugar bowl, and a small milk jug.

tl;dr GRRR. QUALITY. GRRRR.
>>
>>
>>7493711
I got one of those after wanting one for ages, and they're a pain in the arse frankly. TV shows and commercials make it look a LOT easier than it is. It's a lot of getting thin straggly bits and realising that it's a lot of effort for not an amazing result, and you end up thinking you'd have been better just buying dried pasta.
>>
File: 51atpjCU7kL._SL1000_.jpg (43 KB, 878x1000) Image search: [Google]
51atpjCU7kL._SL1000_.jpg
43 KB, 878x1000
>>7492707
I'd be pretty happy with a decent food processor like by Kenwood. But it's another thing I'd have no room for on countertops, and no storage space for in the kitchen.

One day I'll win the lottery and have a kitchen with all this shit built in and high spec!

Wouldn't mind an electric steamer too, rather than my "put it in the microwave" type plastic steamer thing.
>>
>>7492707
If you spent that much you got Jew'ed on the price. Best way is my discount stores like Michael's or Home Good's. I picked mine up for $80. literally. You're a fucking idiot if you pay any more.
>>
File: presentlecreuset_2748776b.jpg (92 KB, 620x388) Image search: [Google]
presentlecreuset_2748776b.jpg
92 KB, 620x388
I'd love a set of French enamel pots but they're $300+ per piece.

Goddamn.
>>
Just get a Lodge dutch oven, it's stupid to pay 3x the price for a similar item.
>>
>>7492707
This is so stupid. What is the point? There's literally no difference between this and a $10 one. Stop finding excuses to waste money
>>
I have a 30 dollar enameled cast iron dutch oven I bought from HEB.

Best god damn fucking pot I own. God damn I love that thing. You don't need to spend retard amounts on good cookware... it honestly isnt that expensive.
>>
>>7493915
I have both and the French one is much nicer
Not $300 nicer but I got mine on clearance
>>
>>7493931
I love you, please be my wife.
>>
>>7493931
Based HEB, I know which ones you're talking about and I might pick one up now.
>>
>>7493931
How long have you had it and how many qts?
>>
>>7492733
I have an super thick un enameled Dutch oven that I inherited, thing's old as shit but it's absolutely awesome. Check out thrift stores, I've found a good bit of cast iron there too
>>
A really good deep stock pot.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3024x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3024x3024
My copper cookware collection, all pieces on the top front row are at least 3 mm thick, and all pieces on the bottom are at least 2.5
>>
>>7494392

If that's a home collection the redundancy is almost as autistic as the fact that the shelves are organized according to half millimeter variations in thickness.
>>
>>7494475
>bigger pieces on the bottom
>smaller pieces on the top, where they fit
is that so hard to understand?
>>
>>7494575

>reading comprehension
>>
>>7494606
no you, that's clearly not how he shelves are organized
>>
>>7494610

>all pieces on the top front row are at least 3 mm thick, and all pieces on the bottom are at least 2.5

He unambiguously said the shelves are arranged according to thickness...
>>
>>7494642
no.. he was just stating the thicknesses of the pans
>>
>>7492707
>15.15 qt

It's qt 3.14 you fucking autist
>>
>>7494667

It's a dutch oven, not a pie tin...
>>
You're gay if you drool over anything other than a fucking gorgeous pattern-welded chef's knife
>>
>>7494671
Now that's edgy
>>
File: cooking_in_old_pot[1].jpg (16 KB, 399x444) Image search: [Google]
cooking_in_old_pot[1].jpg
16 KB, 399x444
a big ol iron cauldron

would be excellent for church potlucks
>>
>>7494703

Funny how church and poverty almost always go hand in hand.
>>
>>7494714
How do you figure? Some of the richest people I know go to church on sundays
>>
>>7492707
my grandma has one.. just gotta wait for her to die

kidding/not kidding love my gramma tho
>>
>>7495917
Because inaccurate generalizations are fact in his mind.
>>
>>7495935

And biased, anecdotal evidence is in his.
>>
>>7495950
better shitty evidence than no evidence at all t b q h f a m
>>
>>7495984

Unless you live in small town Alabama secularism and affluence go hand in hand.
>>
>>7495992
>peoples republic of china
>soviet union
>affluence
wot?
>>
>>7495998

Are you really going to be that dense?

When people have money they generally don't care about religion, and at most occasionally show up at church just to make an appearance if they live somewhere where that matters.
>>
>>7496010
you keep making more and more claims but you have provided absolutely zero evidence for them
>>
>>7496015

>evidence

I was just restating common knowledge for someone who's apparently lived a sheltered life.
>>
>>7496010
>show up at church just to make an appearance if they live somewhere where that matters.

Don't underestimate the importance of that. In many places it's virtually impossible to have a job in which you have to deal with the public if you aren't a frequent churchgoer. This is a classic problem for doctors, dentists, lawyers, etc. If a rumor gets out that Dr. So-and-so doesn't go to church then he can lose a great many patients.

Same thing is true regarding what car they drive: few people are going to hire a lawyer who drives an old used car as opposed to something late-model and fairly expensive.
>>
>>7494654
You are correct

>>7494642
you just self-diagnosed yourself with autism in a post

>I have a copper pan collection, the ones on top have a thickness of at least 3mm and the ones on the bottom have a thickness of at least 2.5
>But it's just a coincidence that every pan on the bottom is twice as large in size as any pan on top. No, there's no possibility that it's done intentionally like that. It has to be that he's autistic and organized a pan collection based on a .5mm difference in thickness.
>people are bringing conclusive data contrary to my assumption? Nope, can't possibly be true. Let me argue my point and project my shortcomings onto them.
>>
>>7492707
Like he said >>7493792 , there is no fucking way you should pay that much for Le Creuset. Iittala Sarpaneva pot is a good alternative, not cheaper though because guess what: quality costs.

Still going with Le Creuset cocotte and Sarpaneva pot, both inherited from our granparents, and I really don't understand the complaints about quality. The ones that they sell today seem exactly the same.
>>
>>7496084
le fötö.
>>
>>7494392
The hammered looking ones are cute :3c
>>
>>7496083

It sounds like you don't understand what "thickness" means.
>>
File: helium.png (32 KB, 337x338) Image search: [Google]
helium.png
32 KB, 337x338
>Buy a Dutch oven
>Doesn't work
>Keeps fucking exploding when I try to use it
>Get annoyed, take it back to the manufacturer
>tells me I bought a Belgian oven by mistake
>>
>>7493769
BRUH just call them up there is a lifetime warranty on that shit....
>>
>>7496086

It looks nice, but putting a steam vent directly underneath the only spot where you can grab the handle doesn't seem very well thought out.
>>
>>7496106

That's not a steam vent. That's an inset handle for the lid of the pot. It's solid.
>>
>>7494703
Is that a fucking 2x4 he's using to stir?
>>
File: 1453827158765.png (214 KB, 348x370) Image search: [Google]
1453827158765.png
214 KB, 348x370
>>7496106
Kek'd for this autist.
>>
>>7493775
Seriously?

I've got one of those and think it's the bomb. I can usually have my pasta dough, mixed, made, and cut into tagliatelle sized strips by the time it takes me to heat up a pot of water to cook them in.

I'd use the thing more often but I'd get fat from all the pasta.
>>
>>7493724
Can rep Staub. I got drunk one night and roasted a pork shoulder. Dropped the dutch oven while I was taking it out of the oven and it fell 3 feet. Not a scratch on it. 10/10 would buy again.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.