[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best Gourmet Food Youve Had
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8
File: gourmetfood.jpg (38 KB, 620x390) Image search: [Google]
gourmetfood.jpg
38 KB, 620x390
What's the best gourmet food you've ever eaten?
>>
>>7491461
I went to Outback Steakhouse for my dad's birthday one year.
>>
I went to Chilis and got a bloomin onion

Then we had frosty margs
>>
This thread will be a train wreck by tomorrow
>>
I like the Ultimate Feast at Red Lobster.

You get half a frozen snow crab with a frozen lobster tail, coconut shrimp and shrimp scampi as well as garlic mashed potatoes.

Plus garlic cheddar buscuits
>>
>>7491578
Red Robin has amazing gourmet mushroom swiss burgers.
>>
>>7491461
Burger and tater tots from this place called Mullens, they've got a pool table too
>>
>>7491581
And I can't wait for it, honestly. Kek.
>>
>>7491598
Have you tried the steak at Dennys?
>>
You cheeky little fuckers. I pray there's at least a few serious answers come morning.
>>
Panda Express: """""""""""""Gourmet""""""""""""" Chinese food

Actually though, I haven't really had anything you could classify as gourmet in my life, as far as I can remember. Don't really see the point in spending >$30 on a meal when you can get something decent for a bit more than $10. A chirashi bowl I once had was pretty good though.
>>
File: italiano ziti parmesano.jpg (23 KB, 294x300) Image search: [Google]
italiano ziti parmesano.jpg
23 KB, 294x300
chef inspired.
>>
>>7491461
I'm a simple person. Smoked maris peer potatoes with caviar, sour cream and chives. Tournedos Rossini with very fresh perigord black truffle.
>>
>>7491691
Because getting something $30 made by a professional chef is going to be a pretty good experience. If you just want to eat fast food because it tastes good that's fine but you won't be able to experience the finer things.
>>
Tournedos Rossini is godlike.
I've had it only five times and one time the foie gras had a weird smell. that still bugs me. but even the weird one was pretty gud.
the dark heavy sauce with foie gras and beef... yummy
>>
A thick slice of some suckling pig ham that was cooked to perfection, would just melt in my mouth, in an Italian restaurant in Holland.
>>
File: golden-corral.jpg (25 KB, 550x309) Image search: [Google]
golden-corral.jpg
25 KB, 550x309
Golden Corral pizza is God tier gourmet.
>>
File: peter-luger.jpg (60 KB, 550x368) Image search: [Google]
peter-luger.jpg
60 KB, 550x368
I've only been once, but it was one of the best meals/dining experiences I ever had. Been meaning to plan another trip back since I live right outside NYC.
>>
File: chez_panisse.jpg (246 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
chez_panisse.jpg
246 KB, 500x375
>>7491461

went once, probably the only true gourmet dining experience I've ever had. what a meal, though! radish and pepper salad, roasted squab, passion fruit sorbet, and the wine pairing was fantastic. service was excellent too. highly recommended
>>
I don't remember the fine details. Entree was venison with brussel sprouts. Just perfectly done. There was a salad with a poached egg and normally I'd never like a runny yolk, but this was great. And dessert was a pear tart with ginger ice cream.
>>
>>7492456
Of all the shitty food at GC, you choose to poke at the pizza? Thats one of the few things they do right.
>>
had a prime rib rare at smith & wollensky's in chicago several years ago
>>
File: fixedw_large_4x[1].jpg (382 KB, 1224x1098) Image search: [Google]
fixedw_large_4x[1].jpg
382 KB, 1224x1098
>>7493542
I've always wanted to go there, but live nowhere near NYC unfortunately. I'd eat a 2 or 3 person one by myself
>>
File: lugerbacon[1].gif (205 KB, 640x477) Image search: [Google]
lugerbacon[1].gif
205 KB, 640x477
>>7494062
also, the bacon looks amazing
>>
>>7494062
>I've always wanted to go there, but live nowhere near NYC unfortunately. I'd eat a 2 or 3 person one by myself
The sell the sauce at Publix. I've used it a couple times with grilled meat. It's delicious, but must be cooked onto the meat. It's got a hint of sweet ketchup, horseradish, butter, and the essential ingredients in A1. I actually suggest doctoring up Pickapeppa with tomato, honey and horseradish, and butter...and you're spot on. I'm a purist, so it sounds unnecessary and terrible until you try it. It gets very crusty.
>>
This Carnival cruise ship I went on as a kid one time had an icecream machine open 24hours.

Not a lot of people get to have unlimited icecream on a boat, so I considered that to be something of a delicacy.
>>
>>7494092
I've been on quite a few cruises and have had some of the best food ever there. Not in the normal dining rooms but the restaurants that have an up charge. At one of the restaurants I ordered sea bass and they accidentally gave me the lobster, let me keep that and then brought the sea bass. It was all terrific
>>
desu i had steaks at prestigious steak houses and other popular joints, but none were better than some cheap ribeyes I bought at walmart and cooked myself.
>>
I remember going to a fancy restaurant for lunch in 2003 and having sweet potato fries. i thought it was the most amazing thing ever.

once fast food places started selling them, it became less special
>>
I've been to a couple fancy spots, but none that were, like, tasting menu fancy. My mother loves to eat out and only goes to places where a bill for four is $150+.

The best I've ever had was unlimited eggs benedict at this really expensive restaurant's Sunday brunch. As a fat fourteen year old, it was a dream come true.
>>
>>7491461

Per Se NYC
>>
>>7491461
just went to a very nice french restaurant in my city and had roast chicken with shiitake mushrooms. the best chicken i've ever had
>>
File: derailed.gif (3 MB, 360x182) Image search: [Google]
derailed.gif
3 MB, 360x182
>>
>>7494172
le trollface xD

>>>/2008/
>>
Bistecca a la Fioretina from a local
trattoria. Went there again and they no longer have the cut, fuck my life that piece of meat was like a piece of heaven.
>>
The concept of gourmet food is kinda foreign to me, because the best food I've had has come out of some of the most run-down-looking places in an already run-down-looking town.

kansas city is weird.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.