[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you learn the hard way?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 12
File: habanero-peppers-orange-1.jpg (41 KB, 1355x900) Image search: [Google]
habanero-peppers-orange-1.jpg
41 KB, 1355x900
Did you learn the hard way?
>>
>>7488166
????
>>
>>7488168

To wear rubber gloves when dealing with hot peppers.
>>
ive known all along that habanero is the meme chili
>>
>>7488169
Maybe the peppers available around here arn't fresh enough, but I've never had any problems handling habaneros, scotch bonnets, birdseye chilis, etc..
>>
>>7488169
Oh. I've never had an issue. Except that one time I forgot to wash my hands. Fell asleep and went to wash my face after I woke up.
>>
File: 0e9.jpg (27 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
0e9.jpg
27 KB, 600x600
>drop extreme white lava hotsauce on kitchen floor
>clean it up
>next week walking across kitchen barefoot
>feet start burning

>mfw
>>
>>7488172
>>7488173

My hands are on fire right now. It really does feel like a burn injury, right down to being soothed by cold water.

I accidentally got some in my eye and in my nose, too. The former hurt like a bitch. Thankfully, those didn't persist.
>>
>>7488185

I will say this, though: That jerk chicken marinade was fucking delicious, and I can't wait to taste the end result.
>>
I use to spit on my dick to fap. Had dinner with chilly peppers right before. Will never do that again.
>>
>>7488219
I don't mind the sensation. Buy I've old had a deluded post half assedly washing my hand burn
>>
>>7488166
eh? these are not hot. They used to be for me anyway... I ate an entire jalapeno the otherday and I felt no heat at all. Depends on your tolerance; I've apparently been building up quite a nice one. Habaneros taste great.
>>
>>7488240
>pic is Habaneros
>>
>>7488219
If they were chilly they shouldn't have burned too much
>>
>>7488240
If you get fresh ones from the garden they can fucking destroy your skin and eyes. Ones from the store are usually not too bad and have a nice, tolerable heat. Some of them are ridiculous and I have a very high tolerance for heat.
>>
>>7488185

Man, these oils are fucking stubborn. I can feel them on my hand at the spots that burn. I've washed them with dish soap like four times now, poured rubbing alcohol on them, poured vinegar on them, poured olive oil on them, soaked them in half and half (no full fat milk on hand), and rubbed them with salt. It's not going fucking anywhere.

Yep. Rubber fucking gloves.
>>
>>7488259
put your hands in flour to take the oils out you faggot
>>
>>7488166
That habanero is just memetier peppers? Yeah.
There are so many other peppers with same heat and better taste.
>>
>>7488281
>better taste
Found the uncivilized animal. I bet you like sriracha more, you irredeemable moron.
>>
>>7488283
bait
>>
File: 515-svxM4WL._AA1024_.jpg (46 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
515-svxM4WL._AA1024_.jpg
46 KB, 1024x1024
>>7488281
sooo goood
>>
>>7488281

the classic pepper hipster response

good habaneros have an excellent and unique taste, just because normies know about them doesnt mean theyre bad
>>
>>7488268

Didn't help

Hopefully, my skin's oils will break the oils down on their own eventually, because fucking nothing seems to be working.
>>
>>7488185
I know how you feel, it's happened to me twice in the past two months.
Both times it lasted for around 14 hours and nothing I did stopped the pain. Honestly thought I had some idiopathic pain disorder because I couldn't remember burning my hands until I realised it was from the peppers.
>>
>>7488172
Likewise, as long as you don't scratch your eyes or balls after cutting them up there's no issue.

When i was about 17 I started an apprenticeship as a chef (bailed after a year when I realised how shit it was) and my head chef made me cut up 10kg of birds eye chillis without gloves, that fucking killed me but since then I've had no problems cutting scotch bonets or habaneros for use at home.
>>
>>7488300
kek you actually put your hands in flour
>>
>>7488309

Eh, we have plenty of flour.
>>
>>7488293
You're the hipster friend.

>DUDE HEAT LMOA

Habaneros taste like spicy dirt and people only eat them to tell their friends how hardcore they are
>>
File: bonerchamp.jpg (46 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
bonerchamp.jpg
46 KB, 1280x720
>years ago
>making spinach and feta phyllo dough things
>have habaneros
>i'll add like two
>scrape all the seeds out, phyllo pepper cheese pastry things were delicious
>wash my hands immediately after cooking
>4 hours later take a piss
>dick starts burning
>holy shit it's getting worse every second
>sit in bathtub pouring Danimals on my cock

>last year
>goober roommate comes home and says "EAT THIS"
>it's a small fugly little red pepper
>know better than that
>he gives me a small sliver
>tearing up, sweating for 10 minutes
>it's a ghost pepper
>wash hands throughout the day like one normally would
>fast forward like 8 hours
>i'm in bed and it's the middle of the night
>itch the corners of my eyes
>felt like i got fucking peppersprayed
>spend 30 minutes hunched over the bathroom sink rinsing my eyes out

man fuck peppers and fuck this new multiple captcha shit
>>
>>7488169
I've never had that issue, the head chef where I used to work yelled at me once and told me to scrub my hands because I was handling jalapenos without gloves and I honestly had to suppress a laugh, like, jalapenos aren't even hot, I handle ghost peppers in my cooking at home with chili / salsa and those don't burn my fingers
>>
>>7488300
Do you have any methylated spirits or even some vodka? Use that instead of water while washing with soap. Water can't pick it up, and the soap isn't always enough to help it.
>>
>>7488322

What about rum?
>>
>>7488322
I've washed my hands with 70% rubbing alcohol and it didn't reduce the pain at all.
The best way I found was to just suck on my fingers until my mouth stopped burning,
>>
>>7488311
That's flour you'll never get back and you'll be picking up flour earlier than you would have originally. You won't realize it while its happening but going to the store and spending time buying flour when you wouldn't have originally will put your life on an entirely different track. You will go home seconds if not MINUTES later than you would have from the store, and then you will deal with different traffic and different events. This will start a butterfly effect that will haunt you for the rest of your fucking life.

>we have plenty of flour

I hope you fucking get in a wreck on the way home from the store that you would have easily missed otherwise you unaware fucking moron. You need to start thinking next time before you throw away flour so willy nilly.
>>
>>7488306
Let me stress how important it is o not scratch you balls. Even when your fingers themselve don't burn or its been hours an you washed your hands. I think they (balls) are much more sensitive that finger skin and they will ignite at even the whisper of capsaicin
>>
>>7488172
Brit detected
>>
OP here. That jerk chicken was by far the best thing that I've made since I started doing more than just throwing things into the frying pan with some butter, and will definitely be a staple form now on. Good thing, too. I'd be a bit pissed if I burned my hand for a horrible meal.

Also, I think that actually I've gotten a fair amount of the oil off. It used to be the whole back side of my left hand and my right thumb that was burning. Now, it's just the back of my left thumb and the front side of my right, with the right thumb possibly healing up.
>>
>>7488259
The only way to get the deep oils out is to use hot water (it'll hurt like a bitch) and alternate between scrubbing hard with soap and with oil.
>>
File: 042-Public Image.png (463 KB, 430x900) Image search: [Google]
042-Public Image.png
463 KB, 430x900
Yes, I learned the hard way.

>Making pad Thai
>thai folks like spicy shit right? I'll add habanero.
>Cooking peppers same way I would green peppers, trying to soften them
>start coughing
>smoke alarm goes off without smoke
>able to finish cooking pad thai despite coughing
>eating
>nose is dripping uncontrollably its so spicy
>Eyes start watering after halfway through first serving
>Wipe tears away
BURN ALERT, SOUND THE ALARM
>Right eye burning with the intensity of 1,000 herpes flare ups
>run to sink
>wash hands
>Wipe both eyes with new "clean and capsacin free" hands
BOTH EYES ARE ON RED ALERT, THIS IS NOT A FUCKING DRILL
>stumble blindly into bathroom
>strip naked with both eyes pressed closed as hard as I can
>Take emergency shower like its a chemical spill
>eyes are bloodshot for the next coupla hours.

I am a fool if I have not truly learned.
>>
>>7488166
Mfw Amazonian genes make me immune to capsacin burns on skin
>>
>>7488251
freezer burn? ayy
>>
>>7488169
>not fapping after preparing habaneros

You're a little girl t b h it's nice and warm.
>>
>>7488638
can confirm
>>
>>7488318
Wow how cool are you
>>
>>7488737
Don't know why you thought I was implying that, I'm definitely not "cool" by anyone's definition, I'm a fuckin loser. I sit at home watching tv all day while switching between tabs on 4chan and living off my inheritance, and even though I love preparing food, I'm basically garbage at it, I have the technical skills to do it and give people what they want, but my own personal taste when I'm making food for myself is basically inedible to everyone else because I like chilies so much that I can objectively say my own food is not good, it's just how I like it. There is no "cool" thing about me, I'm honestly a fucking loser pursuing a career path that I don't have the right pallet for
>>
>>7488745
You sound like a good friend, wanna be a useless piece of shit together?
>>
>>7488764
Sure, join me on my wild ride through 20 tabs spanning 4 boards on 4chan and shitpost with me! I can show you the world, I hear that it's shiny and shimmery and splendid.
>>
>>7488745
Sick pity party /b/ro
>>
>>7488803
something up anon? Assuming you're >>7488737
and forgive me if you aren't, you seem really intent on just being hostile, there's no pity party, I was just stating facts, I'm happy with my life, that doesn't mean I can't recognize that I'm a loser

That aside though, this has gone quite off topic, so saging so this post doesn't bump, and won't respond again unless it's on topic
>>
>>7488251
:^)
>>
>cutting up scotch bonnets
>finger feels tingly
>5 hours later it's sore and burning

I ended up slathering my finger in baseline of try and get rid of his weird burning sensation, didn't work, lasted a whole day

Not even that spicy too
>>
To wash my hands with rubbing alcohol before taking a piss?

Yes. Yes I did.

protip: capsaicin is soluble in alcohols.
>>
>>7488169
I've only had burning on my eyes, nose, mouth and cock a handful of times due to not washing my hands well enough after handling chillies.
My hands have never experienced any sort of burning sensation from chilli-chopping.
>>
I still haven't learned. I do it every fucking time. I tell myself the burning eyeballs enhance the experience.
>>
I'm too lazy to buy gloves and I just try to be extra careful. It's all part of the experience.
>>
File: c20160324.jpg (116 KB, 592x800) Image search: [Google]
c20160324.jpg
116 KB, 592x800
>>7488166
Chilli flakes in coffee for ZIP
>>
>>7489419
so true though, it really isn't that bad.
>>
>>7488338
Your balls are very porous, far more than fingers and shit. Niggas gotta be able to breath being sandwiched between those two sides of pork you call thighs.
>>
>>7488219
did this but with ghost pepper

I thought I was dying
>>
just planted some

we have a market garden, we grow kilos of chillies every year, mainly indian and pirri pirri

past year I made most into chilli flakes, some into flavoured oil

this year I made some concentrated capcacin oil i'm going to make chilli sauce out of

harvest got hit by some mould, which is just part of the risk you take going organic
>>
scrubs peppers desu
>>
Loved every minute of it. Except how it busts the bank. Might grow my own.
>>
It's too bad none of you ever heard of madame janeatte peppers. They're the most tasty peppers I know but they can be disturbingly hot. 50.000 scoville doesn't seem like hot but the distribution of these peppers is in a sort of concentrated oil which is like 1 million+ the rest is almost like a really fruity bell pepper. So I use alcohol to separate the two. Now I have fruity peppers which are delicious and I have something similar too pepperspray which is excellent for getting rid of family in law.
>>
>>7488166
I watched some tryhard faggot in a wheelchair learn about these the hard way and then I walked around for a bit.
>>
Wow.

I thought I was the only one with a "took a piss after cleaning peppers" story.

The fact that I'm not alone makes me feel better.

My biggest confusion is still... why the hell does it not burn my hands at all?
>>
>>7488166
just felt like my fingers were burned
not that bad
>>
>>7493474

Mucous membranes, which your fingers are not

It would hurt your lips but not your chest, your dick but not your hands, your asshole but not your ass
>>
>>7488330
kek
>>
>>7488166
I've never had a problem with the skin of my hands. It's only ever been a problem when I've scratched my eyes or nose, gone to the bathroom, or masturbated shortly after handling peppers.
>>
When I was a kid, I handled some hot peppers then immediately went to play with my cock.

I started bawling and my mom had to rip my pants off and pour milk and water all over my junk.
>>
>>7493862
I'm going to have to ask you to elaborate the part where your mom soothes your inflamed cock in a more detailed narrative.
>>
Habaneros arent that hot, i put them on sandwhiches, though the default chili here is birdseye (Aus) which might be a reason why, since ive been eating them for years.
>>
Does anyone else get the hick ups after eating spicy food? I used to think I had a tolerance to peppers ate habaneros etc, went out to hawaii ate hawaiian, ghost and jalapenos fresh and they killed me I couldn't stop hickuping
>>
File: 1429423760300.jpg (6 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1429423760300.jpg
6 KB, 200x200
>>7494064
>hick ups
>>
>>7488259
Sugar dip shit use sugar
>>
File: 1432174658620.jpg (198 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
1432174658620.jpg
198 KB, 1080x1920
>>7488316
Pussy
Chef brought in ghost peppers
He picked that morning wrapped in bacon filled with herb goat cheese and topped with bbq sauce i just made
The whole kitchen didint do shit for like 15-20min because we were dieing they were deseeded but in a few i keept the seeds in and added some to the filling and gave them to the head chef it was a good day we keept fucking with people in the kitchen with the peppers that week
>>
I hope the habenero seeds I planted grow.
>>
when i was 16 i fingered my girlfriend with chilli fingers and she was in pain and i felt bad so i rubbed it on myself and we both just rolled around hnnnnnnging for a while.

few years later my friend said he'd give me a fiver if i rubbed dave's insanity sauce on my japseye, and i did it, and was in so much pain for like an hour i forgot to collect the money.

got it in my eyes a bunch of times but you know what? not that bad.
>>
File: 1412582673754.jpg (27 KB, 314x320) Image search: [Google]
1412582673754.jpg
27 KB, 314x320
>>7494072
>frogposting
>>
>>7488185
wash your hands in milk
>>
>>7488166
My friend has been growing them for over a decade, we built up our tolerance early on.
Only once did I cross-contaminate that shit into my eye and I won't do that again.

bought a Ghost Pepper plant that died before it grew a single thing. think I got scammed.
>>
>>7488281
Habaneros have the single best flavor of any fruit.
>>
>>7488312

habaneros taste like apricots, they're delicious.
>>
>>7488166
Yep, pretty much learned everything the hard way.
>>
Make a baking soda paste, rub that into your fingers/nails/whereever the oils are. Wait till it dries a bit then scratch off the paste while washing your hands with dish soap. wa la
>>
Great for a good pick me up.

Easy mode = A couple seeds as a nice pick me up.

Medium = 3 seeds, little bit of the pepper itself, no seeds on it.

Hard = 5 seeds, half a pepper skin, no seeds.

Extreme = 7 seeds, half a pepper skin, all seeds intact.

FUCKING EUROPEAN EXTREME "I LIKE MGS3" = Whole pepper baby, and 8 seeds.
>>
>>7488169
>Fingers all in there, chopping away as usual
>Huh, finger feels hot
>Hands on fire an hour later
>TWENTY SIX HOURS LATER AND THE CHEMICAL BURNS WILL NOT STOP
Once was enough. Never ever ever again. This kind of prolonged suffering isn't worth delicious food.
>>
>>7488166
Considering I regularly eat bullet habaneros and the hotter peppers, probably not.
>>
>>7488166
>chop onions and hot peppers
>eyes tearing from onions
>rub eyes
>now burning from hot pepper
>can't open eye for 45 minutes, other eye is barely able to stay open
fun. they still taste good though.
>>
no, but my ex did.
>>
>>7488330
underrated post
>>
One time I masturbated using Renfro's ghost pepper salsa because I thought that it would be a nice burn. Instead, my dick burned and my dick started swelling up. It hurt so bad I started pouring milk on it hoping it would help. It eventually cooled down but holy cow it hurt.
>>
I know I ate a madame jeanette once to show off, wasnt fun
>>
File: 1376449828305.png (2 MB, 2472x2164) Image search: [Google]
1376449828305.png
2 MB, 2472x2164
>>7494229
> in a few i keept the seeds in and added some to the filling
the seeds aren't shit it's the pith you mong

A for effort though. i approve.
>>
I didn't even know you could get contact burning on your hands from peppers. The hottest I've handled was dry ghost pepper in various forms (powder ect) though, since it was dry I doubt there was much chance for it to spread onto my hand.
I've had some uncomfortable cock and ball burning before and maybe a little bit of the eye.

When I was a bit younger, I bought some so school for my friends to try. Two of them got it in their eye. Allegedly it felt like a hot nail being hammered into the corner of their eyes, one of them nearly called an ambulance. A third friend didn't seem to be really affected by the ghost peppers so we got him to eat three or four. He was fine but needed to go home half way through the day due to 'stomach discomfort'.
>>
Anyone else experienced spicy finger?

>>7489388
>>
>>7497935
Yeah, next time I'mma try
>>7496948
See how it works.
>>
Protip: Capsacin is highly soluble in oils and alcohols. That's why they tell you to drink milk (preferably whole milk). You could also use a shitton of hand sanitizer, then wash the gel off your hands with water while it's still wet.
>>
>>7499157

No, the reason they tell you to drink milk is because milk contains a protein called casein, which binds to the capsacin rendering it ineffective.
>>
>>7488169

I bet you wear ear plugs when you go to concerts too
>>
I'm a pussy, that new spicy Nashville chicken or whatever from KFC is too spicy for me even.
Never touched a habanero pepper in my life.
>>
File: thistriggerstheck.gif (2 MB, 387x309) Image search: [Google]
thistriggerstheck.gif
2 MB, 387x309
>>
I find peppers to be delicious.
>>
File: 2.jpg (155 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
155 KB, 1024x768
>>7488166

i learnt with one of these qt3.14s
>>
>>7496915

indeed love the sweetness they have
>>
When I was 17, I was working as a plasterer on a stucco crew. The mexican mixer operator Arturo gave me one of these and told me it wasn't hot, because I loved the baked jalapenos they'd give me.

Terrible, terrible experience, but I was 17 and wanted to seem tough, so I just smiled and said it was delicious and went back to work without going for anything to drink. They thought I was some kind of animal.
>>
>>7495473
Ghost peppers take a long time to produce fruit. You may need to start them inside or take them inside later in the year when it gets cold.
>>
>>7488169
Yes.

I once was making sloppy joes with naga ghost peppers and forgot to wear gloves. I washed my hands afterwards, thinking it would be enough.

While they were cooking, I decided to fap.

It probably took an hour before the burning even started to fade.
>>
>>7488166
Never masturbate after cutting chilis.

So much pain.
>>
>>7488771
And chrome.
>>
>>7488219
I got scotch bonnet on my dick once and fucked. It was incredible, I was hard as diamonds.
Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.