[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you rather have delicious food, or "authentic"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
Would you rather have delicious food, or "authentic" food? If you prefer the latter, please go back to whatever third world shit hole you crawled out of.

t. The Real America
>>
Needs a coupla more jalapeños
>>
>>7485950
wtf is tater tot crust?
>>
>>7485950
Whats the difference between the two? Your taste buds can't handle the flavor?
>>
>>7485950
Delicious vs authentic is a false dichotomy. Traditional foods became traditional because they were delicious and popular.

The only time this argument even comes up is when someone fond of tasty, cheap, mass produced garbage in absurd combinations like OP pic. People used to eating this kind of food can't fathom how someone could prefer simple food made with fresh ingredients, because they generally don't have access to good quality ingredients.

The question would be better rephrased as:
"Do you prefer industrially mass produced foods over more traditional food?"

My answer is nofuckingway. The "real" America eats garbage.
>>
File: ok.jpg (52 KB, 500x383) Image search: [Google]
ok.jpg
52 KB, 500x383
>>7485980
>>
>>7485980
did you drop out of high school?
>>
>>7486039
Go back to flyover land, cleetus
>>
>>7485980
great post. but let them eat shit, then there's more quality food for us.

you are what you eat.
>>
>>7485950
Pic looks absolutely horrifying.

That said, I do agree that authentic doesn't necessarily mean better.

Food produced with an aim towards authenticity is (usually) better than food produced with an aim towards cheapness, but that's more a difference in the give-a-fuck levels of the person making it and the quality of ingredients.

Just being authentic doesn't automatically make something good, and well prepared inauthentic food can be godly.
>>
>>7486050
Don't you think if demand for quality food was higher, there would be more of it?

The only reason so much HFCS plastic trashfood gets eaten by flyovers is that they have no frame of reference so they assume that it's the best thing in the universe and anyone who suggests otherwise wants to destroy America.

This kind of thinking needs to come to an end if we are to move forward as a species, and the only way it's ever going to come to an end is by educating the flyover and exposing him to new things. This of course needs to be done slowly so the flyover doesn't get hostile and afraid and start ranting about "memefoods" and how anything that isn't covered in ranch dressing is for "nu-males" and "hipsters".
>>
>>7486050
It really isn't much of a choice, it's a matter of where you live. If you live in a place where eating at chain restaurants and gas stations in normal, and you buy groceries in a supermarket where 80% of what they sell is heavily processed and prepared food that's all you know, so that's what you like. If you want higher quality ingredients and don't have any decent local farms your only option may be spending a fuckton on money on disappointment at Whole Foods. That isn't an option if you're not reasonably rich.
>>
>>7486074
There's a big difference between liking authentic food and being a nu-male or hipster. If you're actually being called those things, it's most likey because it's true. I like authentic margherita pizza, never been called a hipster for that. You get called a hipster for eating from mason jars or eating nothing but organic, gluten-free stuff.
>>
>>7486039
Are you illiterate?

>>7486017
>the face of told
>>
>>7486098
>if you get called an autist, it must because you're autistic
>if you get called a fag, it must be because you prefer sexual congress with members of your own sex
>if you get called m8, it must be because that person considers you a friend
>>
>>7486114
oi m8, stop being such an autistic faggot
>>
>>7486098
>There's a big difference between liking authentic food and being a nu-male or hipster.
I would say that difference depends on where you live. If you live in a major city you may take pleasure in going out to trendy restaurants and eating whatever is in fashion at the moment, because that's part of the fun of living in a city. Living in a more remote place and eating what was trendy five years ago in Brooklyn to show how much you're "in the know" about food would be pretentious hipster bullshit.

>>7486074
>This kind of thinking needs to come to an end if we are to move forward as a species
That is total bullshit, and also impossible. The very large corporations producing this garbage food are very tight with the politicians who determine agricultural policy in this country, which is entirely tilted in their favor. The result is that Americans have become very used to poor quality food being cheap. Replace that with better quality, but substantially more expensive food and you will not be "educating people" - you will cause them to riot. Cheap, industrially farmed food is a big part of what keeps the government in power, and that's been the case since the Nixon administration.
>>
>>7486114
Nice strawman. I'm only talking about "nu-male" and "hipster", not all insults.

Some insults are meaningless meme insults, e.g., "autist", "cuck", "fag" and some are legit, e.g., "nu-male"
>>
>>7486146
>Look at me! I am an authority on which insults are legit, and which are not. "Fag" is meaningless, btw!
>>
>>7486154
>look at me, I'm a butthurt nu-male
>>
>>7486146
>nu-male is legit
Spend less time on /r/MGTOW
>>
>>7486162
I could understand you if you spoke in English instead of memes.
>>
>>7486164
>>7486175
>all these butthurt cucks
If you're so offended by the "nu-male" insult, it's because it rings true. Hit the gym, shave the beard and get some proper glasses. Stop being a slave to women.
>>
I'll have the delicious authentic food.
>>
>>7486184
What are "proper glasses"? Are you one of those hilariously out of touch basement dwellers who thinks black acetate frames are provocatively hip, along with wrong brand consumer electronics?

Do you get fanny flustered at the sight of a person wearing ordinary mainstream clothes of the type sold at extremely common chain stores such as Banana Republic and J. Crew? Because pants that are in a cut that has been popular for at least a decade now are culturally intimidating?
>>
>>7486184
I'm offended by forced meme, like "cuck" and "nu-male". Especially when it represents a form of coded language on the part of the user. Just like "urban" is a way of saying "scary black people", these new so-called insults are a way of saying "I'm uncomfortable with men who veer from the concept of masculinity my grandfather embraced."

And while I have no problem with your being afraid of society changing in ways you don't like your use of forced meme to express it just lowers the level of discourse without adding to the discussion.

Just calling you out on that shit, internet tough guy.
>>
>>7486211
classic nu-male
>>
>this entire thread

Goddamnit why do I keep coming back to this cesspool?
>>
>>7486238
classic nu-male
>>
>>7486184
Why are you trying to play dress up with other dudes? Are you gay? I mean, I don't care, but seriously, you're kind of an idiot/asshole. I wouldn't talk like this to people in the real life. You'd probably get your ass kicked. Anyway, enjoy your tater tots, guy.
>>
>>7486255
Being an internet tough guy is a good way to work out your frustrated sexuality and resentment over repeated real life ass kickings.
>>
>>7486338
I guess. Fucking embarrassing to read though.
>>
>>7486207
>who thinks black acetate frames are provocatively hip
Different anon, but I bear a slight feeling of reprehension towards black acetate because it's too prevalent in my surroundings and drowns out other types of glasses frames, and as someone who loves glasses I would prefer people to be more diverse in their selection of a frame. Obviously black rims are better than no glasses at all, but still.
/autism
>>
>>7486540
Agreed. I have a monocle for each eye. I called binocles.
>>
>>7485950

R Ö S T I
Ö
S
T
I
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.