[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just cooked a pound of polenta but it's like a gallon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: polenta.jpg (51 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
polenta.jpg
51 KB, 720x405
I just cooked a pound of polenta but it's like a gallon of volume. Now my entire fridge is stacked top to bottom with polenta. I am an idiot.
>>
There's worse problems to have, brother.
>>
Is it pretentious to call it polenta when it's just cornmeal cooked in water?
>>
>>7480159
Is it pretentious to call it pasta when it's just flour, egg and salt cooked in water?
>>
>>7480189
Isn't it pretentious to call it flour when it's just ground up dried wheat?
>>
>>7480197
>>7480189
>>7480159
>it's this thread again
>>
>>7480197
Is it pretentious to call it wheat when it's just the grain of plants from the Triticum genus?
>>
Is it pretentious to call you faggots even though you're just overweight autistic failures?
>>
>>7480159
Not really. While the two can be used more-or-less interchangeably in most dishes, dry polenta is generally finer than standard cornmeal. If you feel it's pretentious, by all means, call it cornmeal, just don't throw a tismtantrum when no one immediately understands that you mean polenta.

>>7480139
1 cup/120g (or so) of cornmeal cooks up into about 1litre/quart of polenta. Combine a cup of cornmeal with four cups of water, bring to the boil and bímbúmbám: polenta. 1lb of the stuff is about four cups, so yes indeedy, that'll yield ya a gallon of it. That's about sixteen servings!
Live and learn.
I'd take the opportunity to figure out and/or research new uses for cooked polenta.
>>
>>7480189
>he thinks pasta is made with eggs!!!
lol
Most pasta isn't. Only egg pasta is. That's why it has to have the qualifier "egg" before the word "pasta." Dumbfuck.
>>
>>7480206
>its the autism episode
>>
>>7480241
Egg pasta is still pasta, dumbfuck.
>>
>>7480279
Ah: being nitpick-y. The last refuge of the #rekt.
>>
>an entire gallon of polenta

You're a GENIUS. Fry that shit and give it to me.
>>
>>7480206
Is it pretentious to call it a thread when it's just letters, numbers and images displayed on a screen?
>>
>>7480139
Cut it into strips or thick 'fries' and pan fry it. It's the best.

Or cut it up and eat it with milk and a wee bit of sugar like a cereal.
>>
>>7480159
>>7480189
>>7480197
>>7480220
>>7480224
>>7480720
No. It's called being... polentious.
>>
>>7480797
Not OP but I've tried doing this before and the polenta stuck to the pan. Do I need to coat it in flour or what?
>>
>>7481819
Use oil, cook it longer before you flip it so the crust develops more and releases easily from the pan.
>>
>>7481826
I do use oil, just enough to coat the bottom but sometimes it all evaporates while the polenta strips are still cooking. Won't the crust be burnt by the time it's ready to loosen?
>>
OK, this might be a dumb question but can I liquify the solid polenta by reheating it and thereby turning it back into cornmeal mush?

If not, what has happened that turns the food semisolid?
>>
>>7480139
i feel lucky, i'm going to make polenta for the first time ever.
a few recipes that i've googled tells me to use "polenta-flour", is that code for cornflour?
i've always thought of polenta as pretty much cornporridge and am a bit confused if there's both polenta flour (prolly made of cornflour or some combination of corn and other flour) and cornflour
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.