[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, dinner's on me! What will you have?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 7
File: cheesecake-factory.png (82 KB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
cheesecake-factory.png
82 KB, 260x260
Hey guys, dinner's on me! What will you have?
>>
The cash equivalent so I can go someplace else that doesn't suck.
>>
>>7478251

/thread
>>
>>7478244

I was there the other day for my uncle's birthday. I had the burrito with a bud light, and an Oreo cheesecake slice for desert.
>>
>>7478282
The grande factory burrito? I get that shit every time
>>
Three orders of the parmesan stuffed mushrooms.
>>
>>7478244

Order the Memphis Burger, its topped with pulled pork and cole slaw. Loved it. Come back, it was taken off the menu.

Order the Buffalo Burger, its topped with onion rings, blue cheese, and hot sauce. Loved it. Come back, it was taken off the menu.

J-just some avocado eggrolls and buffalo blasts t-to go, please. M-maybe a banana cream cheese cake.

Is the S'mores one any good?
>>
File: hr_cheesecake5.jpg (216 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
hr_cheesecake5.jpg
216 KB, 800x534
cheesecake factory huevos rancheros
>>
Is it just me or does Cheesecake Factory always give fucking lumberjack portions on everything? I ate there once with a few friends and even my fat friend that can fucking eat a pantry couldn't finish his shit.
>>
>>7478692

I don't think it's the portions, because I've definitely housed more at other places, but something about their food makes me catatonic before the check comes.
>>
>Cheesecake factory kitchen manager

AMA
>>
where's the fucking food, I see this novel you gave me as a menu is full of ads, but I don't see any food
>>
>go to Cheesecake Factory
>get spaghetti carbonara with grilled chicken
>pretty tasty
>order slice of cheesecake for desert
>no cheesecake
>cheesecake factory is out of cheesecake

ruined my night.
>>
>>7480663
What's the goddamn recipe for the Mac and cheese balls!?

I'm sick of trying to figure this shit out.
>>
>>7480771
Its pretty complex but fairly simple
>elbow mac
>simple bechamel
Jack,cheddar,parmesan,romano,pecorino,cream cheese
>white cheddar cheese sauce which consists of white cheddar,parm,chx broth,thyme
>bake that shit up
>freeze it
>3oz scoops roll it in flour, egg mix, and then seasoned bread crumbs(panko, blacking spice, parm)
>deep fry
>>
>>7480865
+1 internets, man.

Deep frying is probably the key... and I'm too lazy to freeze and fry something like that.
>>
>>7480663
What's your favorite dessert/cheesecake?
>>
>>7481136
Not really a fan of any of them considering on average one slice of any of them is 1600+ calories. I am a fan of the apple crisp though even if it never really sells.
>>
>>7481134
Deep frying and also placing under a salamader for a few minutes. Oven would work just as well i would assume just to make sure the center gets heated. That or dont make them into fuckhuge balls like we do.
>>
File: puppr.jpg (40 KB, 720x430) Image search: [Google]
puppr.jpg
40 KB, 720x430
the last time I went to cheesecake factory was 2009, I remember because obama was on the tv and I recall noticing this is the first time I have seen him on tv as the president. Got a cuban sandwich, and the meal was so depressing I went next door and bought a puppy to make myself feel better.
$1600 for this little fuck

then I ended up with food poising and had diarrhea all day
>>
I can take care of the tip, OP

but i must warn you, I tip with a rip.
>>
>>7481224
>supporting puppy mills
>not adopting
Scum
>>
>>7481237
it wasn't a puppy mill, it was someones house. She had a crib full of pups, all of them were little white yappy faggots except for him who was the only brown one, soundly snoozing in the corner
>>
I'll have the Bazinga Burger please.
>>
>>7478244
The fish and chips were surprisingly excellent. Other than that love the mexican lettuce wrap tacos
>>
Gimme a plain cheesecake, if I'm gonna be here I might as well stuff myself with the best thing they have. I probably won't finish it anyway.
>>
Eggplant parm with the pesto angel hair pasta, a fruity frozen drink and a limoncello something or other for dessert
>>
>>7480663
It's a well known fact that traveling sports teams eat at Cheesecake Factory for most of their meals.

Do you live in a town with pro sports? If so, have you seen any players?
>>
>>7481334
Ive worked in quite a few cheesecake factorys and yes each state ive seen tons of athletes. Mostly the southern states, i saw the wildcats in Lexington alot. Indianapolis atm I see a few colts players het take out in their lambos lol. We just recently did catering for the Detroit pistons for their flight. Shit was like 18 buffalo blasts, 16 bang bangs 2 gallons of soup, and a ton of other stuff I cant remember. Servers love it too considering they get fat tips out of it lol.
>>
It's been years since I went to a Cheesecake factory.
I remember the only thing I ever actually enjoyed enough to order again was "Bang Bang Chicken".

Overall I thought the food was bland and that a slice of cheesecake was over $7.00
>>
I'm not a picky eater at all and I would eat literally anything but man their food is horrible, but the desserts and cheesecake obviously are delicious.
>>
>>7481205
>1600+ calories
Per slice? I seriously hope that's hyperbole
>>
>>7481478
Nope not at all. I think our low carb is in the range of ~800. Despite our "skinnylicious" menu cheesecake factory is a mecha of decadence.
>>
>>7481487
Jesus... I suppose that's a very good value way to get your daily calories. Are the starters/mains similar? And what's the approx price? I know it's a lowish chain type place but I'm in the UK so don't know any specifics
>>
>>7478244
fucking 4 cheese pasta with angel hair pasta instead of the shit it comes with. No meat; they always ask about chicken, but it makes it watery for some reason.

Their coffee sucks, so a piece of cheesecake to go (don't care what kind, really, it's all fucking great. Original if I can't decide on the spot, wife like's red velvet). Take that shit to local coffee shop and get some good coffee to go with it.
>>
File: are you fur real.jpg (76 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
are you fur real.jpg
76 KB, 1080x1080
>>7481487
>mecha
>>
>>7481498

> I'd say we're in the top tier of casual dining. Average price per customer is around $20 and we sport a menu of ~250 items. We prep around 30-40 sauces fresh daily as well as hundreds of prep items daily. To answer your question in regards to entrees yes. Like i mentioned in my last post everything we serve is calorie loaded all thanks to butter, cheese, and heavy cream. I believe our pasta carbonarra is in the ballpark of 2000 calories.
>>
File: Grorious.jpg (381 KB, 1400x2048) Image search: [Google]
Grorious.jpg
381 KB, 1400x2048
>>7481511
That's right mother fucker
>>
File: images (1).jpg (9 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
9 KB, 194x259
>>7481511

Lmao whoops
Heres a pic illustrating my illiteracy
>>
>>7481514
>price per customer
For a main dish or total?

>TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY ITEM MENU
Man... Stupid question maybe but why not do less? You can't hope to please literally anybody who walks through the door. It's massive bible-sized menus like that that make me instantly assume a place goes for quantity over quality as their business model

>30-40 fresh sauces daily
I assume this counts all permutations. How many "categories" do these fall into?

>2k calories for a carbonara
literally how. Whole stick of butter, loads of bacon, cream, massive portion? It must just be a bowl of cream with pasta at that point
>>
>>7481507

It comes with penne, but angel hair sounds great. Try it with alfredo sauce instead of marinara next time too.
>>
>>7481539

The whole appeal to our massive menu is that anyone can come in at any time and get whatever theyre in the mood for. The quality isnt michelin star, but its a notch above every other chain. The only way we're able to execute it is with a dozen prep cooks and around 14-15 line cooks a day. Theres a few sauces that we use to make another sauce but other than that theres no categories. And yes the carbonarra is 11 oz of pasta with 8oz of cream 3 oz of bacon 2oz of butter, white wine, parm cheese, and peas. No eggs tho
>>
>>7481577
It's pretty impressive your cooks can turn out all that at a good standard imo, even if there are 15 of them. How long have you worked there? Did you do BoH as well or all customer side? As far as the carbonara goes, at the risk of sounding like a total autist, it bears little enough resemblance to the "canonical" carbonara that I would be tempted to rename it. Does sound tasty though... as long as you only have one a year or so.
>>
>>7481603

Ive put in 4 years there started as a grill cook, always been in the kitchen. Yeah our carbonarra is totally "cheesecaked" just like our "jambalaya" which has linguini pasta. People love it though, we do about $150,000 a week in sales and the store im in is in the bottom 10% of sales out of 185 restaurants.
>>
>>7480865
Gonna need some ratios on that there ingredient list, hombre
>>
>>7481625
Those are very impressive numbers indeed. What's that, 5k covers?

What's the thing on the menu that most makes you go wtf?
>>
Why the fuck do you put mayo on your Cuban sandwiches
>>
>>7481659

Around 7000 a week

Well we sell hot dogs which I think is pretty low. But most of our skinnylicious men is pretty pretentious/ridiculous. Funny thing is people beg for healthier options yet our top sellers are things like alfredos and bacon bacon cheeseburgers.

>>7481686

Its cheesecake factory nothing is authentic but people go apeshit for it. It just works!
>>
>>7481711
>pretty pretentious/ridiculous
example pls
>>
>>7481720

Vegan "cobb" salad.

That and a million gluten free recipe revisions. I cannot wait for the gluten free fad to end.
>>
>>7481487

calories is 3rd column
>>
Can I get a lemonade recipe?
>>
>>7481732
totally agree about gluten free. Either youre coeliac or not, there is no fucking halfway house intolerance shit.

>>7481754
Crikey. 1270 kcal for the brownie sundae cheesecake. My entire dinner was fewer calories by far than a single slice of that thing
>>
I get the same thing every time
>buffalo blasts
>bang bang chicken and shrimp
Part of me is afraid to explore other menu options due to the fear of spending a shit to of money on an entree I end up not liking
>>
>>7481754
>3/4 daily caloric intake for one slice of cheesecake
Is it worth it? How big are these things, anyway?
>>
>>7481779
>shit ton of money
I thought it was like 20 bucks
>>
>>7481779
I could help you narrow it down if you give me some preferences

>>7481789

It adds up when you take into consideration 250 items
>>
>>7481803
True but I hope that people could narrow their options down a bit based on their own likes/dislikes without ordering literally everything
>>
>>7481821
True. We serve a wide audience though which is why Cheesecake is so successful.
>>
>>7481831
It certainly seems that way. Is there anything not on your menu? Seafood for instance (although I bet you have that)
>>
>>7481844
Of course. It varies by location, for instance we sell alot of catfish down here, but other stores dont carry it since it wont sell. Id say we dont carry really exotic ingredients, most things we use you can pick up at specialty stores locally.
>>
>>7481577
While I am very surprised to know you guys don't heat shit out of bags, nothing I've ordered from the few times I've been drug there has been very good. Way too salty (and I can appreciate fast food every now and then, so this is beyond normal saltiness) and way overhanded with strong flavors. I once got a pasta that just tasted like liquid smoke.
>>
>>7481961
Catfish, nice. How do you serve it?
>>
>>7481982

Yep everything made from scratch, only thing frozen is our shrimp and cheesecakes. May i ask which pasta? None of our pastas have "smoke" as a flavor profile lol.

>>7481982
Fried
>>
>>7482021
>fried
With?
>>
>>7482021
I don't remember. Another tastes of Worcestershire sauce and nothing else. This was some time ago, though. I'm not particularly hating on your chain, I can only speak for this particular location and the dishes I had at the time. Could have just been bad luck.

Do you guys house-cut your fries that you serve with burgers and shit?
>>
>>7482045

Green beans w/caramelized onion, sauteed corn in maitre d butter, mashed potatoes, and remoulade sauce
>>
>>7482064

I wish we could but we go through at least 50 pounds of fries a day. And i can respect the critcism, food is an art/opinion which means its completely subjective. To each his own!
>>
>>7482070
What do you think is the best dish from a "can't get it elsewhere" standpoint? Dessert aside.
>>
>>7482092

Our jambalaya as frankensteined as it is is pretty delicious. Also our bellagio, picatta, and chicken with lemon couscous are all great. You can find those things at most italian places but when i have a great chef on pasta/saute those dishes come out phenomonal. We just got a new dish a few months ago. Its chicken waffles/benedict i guess you could say. Its fried chicken on a waffle topped with a poached egg, hollandaise, and maple butter syrup. It doesnt sell for shit but i could eat it every day until i died early from it.
>>
I seem to be the only one in this thread who really enjoys their food. I've had a strong craving for it recently and I can't easily access one until summer.
Have you tried the new items they added recently?
Are they good?
>>
>>7482144
Bacon date and blue cheese pizza is pretty solid as well as the lemon chicken and couscous. The new toasts are meh tier, but i wouldnt be disappointed if i got them after ordering literal toast.
>>
Do you have any warnings on anything shady behind the scenes that we should know about before ordering certain dishes?
>>
>>7482177
Absolutely not. Not in my kitchen. Thats the best way to get sent home for me. No one even has time for petty nonsense like that in kitchens nowadays anyway. I mean the worst i can say is that our salmon is farm raised?
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.