[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A couple months ago at a convention I drank *way too much* maker's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: 1342279048672.jpg (262 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1342279048672.jpg
262 KB, 450x450
A couple months ago at a convention I drank *way too much* maker's mark, had a blur of a night, and ended it violently ill and losing the contents of my stomach. Ever since then, I've developed a taste aversion to any kind of whiskey. This is really sad, because I used to love whiskey.

How can I overcome this taste aversion and get back to drinking it? Should I just go slow and work my way up or am I fucked?
>>
File: 1421338930475.jpg (24 KB, 510x427) Image search: [Google]
1421338930475.jpg
24 KB, 510x427
>>7471994
It's a little sad that this is how some people live.
>>
This is a question id expect from a college aged girl.

Man the fuck up op
>>
>>7471996
Lol, it was a convention. I drink only once every few weeks on other parts of the year. Drinking does not make you an alcoholic.
>>
>>7472000
I am trying to man the fuck up, but after one shot I literally gag on anything. I even tried some crown royal maple, which used to be a very easy drink, and even *that* sets it off.

Like, my stomach literally rejects the shit. It's incredibly annoying, because otherwise I have to stick to girl drinks, which are ghey.
>>
>>7471994
Try easing back into it via whiskey and soda.
>>
try gin op. its superior anyway

also try kraken rum
>>
>>7471994

Same thing happened to me with vodka around 15 years ago.

Now I drink around half a handle every day.
>>
File: 1437686846087.jpg (113 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1437686846087.jpg
113 KB, 640x480
>>7471994
I've never understood this. I hear many people I know saying they can't eat/drink something they like because they threw it up once. I've thrown up plenty of things in my life time and I've always gone back to them because I guess I realize the difference between the food I like and vomit happening to contain the food I like.

tl;dr: Drink whiskey, don't drink vomit and you'll be fine faggot.
>>
>>7471994
You've gained a trait of being a faggot.

But seriously, don't drink, alcoholism is fun but a pointless waste of time and bad for your health.
>>
>>7472004

drink the fucking whiskey and like it or become a trap.
>>
>>7472035
How'd you get back into drinking it?

>>7472039
Neither do I. It's the most bullshit thing. I used to drink bottom-shelf vodka and fireball straight without giving a single damn, now if liquor hits the back of my throat I just gag. If I don't water it down, I almost vomit.
>>
>>7472042
Contrary to what DARE told you in high school, there's a difference between drinking and being an alcoholic, anon.
>>
>>7472049

>how'd you get back into drinking it

Just drink other stuff if whiskey reminds you of one bad experience and before you know it you'll be drinking whiskey again without even thinking about it.
>>
>>7472054
Awesome. I'll have to shop around and find other stuff, I guess. Rum and the flavored vodkas have always treated me well.
>>
>>7472049
>now if liquor hits the back of my throat I just gag.
And if you keep with that attitude it'll stay that way.
It's no different than it was before you threw it up, man the fuck up and convince yourself of that objective fact.
>>
>>7472053

contrary to what you tell yourself, alcoholism is determined by the reasons you drink, how you react to drinking, your ability (or lack thereof) to stop drinking once you start, and your ability to resist drinking at all. how much you drink or how often you drink are not the main factors of alcoholism.
>>
>>7472053
And yet, here I am doing both.
>>
>>7472072
However you want to define it, I didn't come to 4chan to get a lecture about alcoholism, anon.
>>
>>7472072
contrary to what you tell yourself, shitposting is determined by the reasons you post, how you react to replies, your ability (or lack thereof) to stop posting once you start, and your ability to resist posting at all. how much you post or how often you post are not the main factors of shitposting.
>>
>>7472080

i never called you an alcoholic, and i'm not the guy who you originally replied to. i'm just saying you probably don't know what an alcoholic is, so you probably shouldn't be trying to define one.
>>
>>7472090
No one said you were accusing people of being alcoholics, but giving us your definition of what an alcoholic is is pretty much a boring internet lecture.

And it's off topic. So fuck off.
>>
>>7472086

holy fucking crybaby.

>someone replied to my post and they didn't defend me
>better write up a big spiel about how they are shitposting

you're a little bitch who can't hold his liquor, and now your little bitch tummy won't let you drink anything that isn't gayer than 9 guys blowing 10 guys. seems the problem is you're a pussy.
>>
>>7472096

here's an idea. since you're pretty much a faggot who can't handle a sip of whiskey, try mixing it with lots of semen, then slowly add less semen to your whiskey, which will free you up to put more semen in your ass.
>>
>>7472004
>ghey

Just kill yourself, you're already too far gone.
>>
>>7472049
>fireball

If THAT'S the whiskey you're drinking, I think you really are a girl. LONDON
>>
>>7472108
It's cute that people are still throwing around gay insults in 2016.
>>
>>7472162
>Homophobic slurs
>In the CURRENT YEAR!
>>
>>7472004
nobody straight drinks whiskey except scottish, irish and degenerates. just wet the bottom of your cup and drink it like that. it wont overwhelm the palette as much
>>
File: 1454362214318.gif (467 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1454362214318.gif
467 KB, 400x300
>>7472021
>someone on /ck/ recommends kraken
>>
>>7471994
You could always buttbong it.

Soak the whiskey in cottonballs and shot it up your butt. The blood vessels in your rectum will absorb the alcohol. And even better! You'll take a breathalzyer and BOOM! NOTHING! Even if your BLIND DRUNK!
>>
>>7472204

that's the stupidest thing i have ever heard. seriously, are you retarded?

op, if you are going to stick whiskey up your little bitch ass, soak it in a tampon. that way you have a string to pull it out when you're done.
>>
>>7472191
kracken's a great cheapish rum for mixing, especially with just good old coke.
>>
Try get some Scotch single malt, either one with massive sherry character or one with massive smoke/peat character. That way it won't have very much 'ordinary whiskey taste' and it might help you ease into the taste again.

Just an idea I got. I don't know if it works.
>>
>>7471994
Wait about six months and try again. In the meantime move on to another liquor, like gin.
>>
>>7472162
With the proportion of feminine little girlyboys on the rise as feminism continues to tell us men can't be men, it makes sense now more than ever.
>>
File: 82cxa_4.jpg (29 KB, 500x359) Image search: [Google]
82cxa_4.jpg
29 KB, 500x359
>>7472039
>>
>>7471994

Dilute it with coke, slowly ween off of it
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.