[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So long, old friend.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: Home_Town_Buffet.jpg (68 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Home_Town_Buffet.jpg
68 KB, 640x480
So long, old friend.
>>
F
>>
what happened
>>
>>7471643
Closed the restaurants without telling the employees and then declared bankruptcy.
>>
>>7471655
For the 3rd time.
>>
>>7471684
And they have become increasingly efficient at it.
>>
>>7471632
is this the same company as old country buffet? they closed every location but one in my metro area last month :'(
>>
>>7471697
Yes.
>>
>>7471697
Yeah, they own Home Town Buffet, Old Country Buffet, Ryan's, Fire Mountain, and Tahoe Joe's
>>
>not lining up to buy restaurant equipment and fixtures
You can get lotsa good stuff supercheap this way.
>>
good riddance to bad rubbish
>>
old people are going to starve to death
>>
HTB was always great after running through the church gauntlet. so is it actually gone or is this a tax maneuver?
>>
>>7471632
The OCB near me smelled like feet. It is gone now.
>>
>>7471863
Tax maneuver, same as the last two times they did it. They file for bankruptcy, close a bunch of locations and sell off the assets and try to figure out how to make the business profitable again.

It hasn't worked the last two times, I doubt it'll work this time either but they'll keep limping along.
>>
File: vis_a_vis_ergo_concordantly.gif (101 KB, 425x425) Image search: [Google]
vis_a_vis_ergo_concordantly.gif
101 KB, 425x425
>>7471692
>>
Where would you buy the equipment they're selling off?
>>
>>7472296
from the managers of the bankrupt locations, what are you, dense?
>>
>>7472305
If they sell it all locally perhaps, and if all the local managers didn't get shitcanned. They may also just ship it all back to a centralized location and liquidate from there or just dump it all on a single buyer if they get a good offer or already had a plan for it.
>>
No no no NO NO FUCK FUCCCKK

WHERE DO WE GET BUFFET BREAKFAST NOW BROS ? ?? ? ??
>>
>>7472315
The parent company comes in and sells everything from that location. They're not spending any money on transporting shit when other businesses are gonna swoop in and buy it up.
>>
I met the worst girlfriend I ever had at the Mishawaka old country buffet.
>>
File: Mabh4[1].gif (1 MB, 360x203) Image search: [Google]
Mabh4[1].gif
1 MB, 360x203
>>7471640
>>
>>7473355
Should've seen that coming desu anon
>>
never been to hometown myself, just heard of it from videos like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=873onx7crSk
>>
>>7473355
You got a budget girlfriend at a budget buffet.
>>
>>7473916
All she let me do was finger her.
>>
>>7471863

The OCB near me is staying open, but they closed a few others in my state.
>>
>>7474612
same here. the OCB near me is staying open, but they are adding speed bumps around the food islands because too many fat people eating too much
>>
>>7471632
The one near me closed a few months back.

I felt sad, but I literally had not eaten there in 10 years.
I used to go there as a kid with my grandparents and loved it, not knowing any better. Would eat mostly ice cream and desert
>>
I KNOW
I KNOW I'VE LET YOU DOWN
>>
File: 1441384485966.jpg (53 KB, 720x409) Image search: [Google]
1441384485966.jpg
53 KB, 720x409
>>7471632
First time I was there, I got high as fuck beforehand. Then went with my folks a couple of times afterwards. Damn I feel old. Golden corral is better anyways.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.