[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Learn to cook
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: serve-what-cooking.jpg (91 KB, 500x254) Image search: [Google]
serve-what-cooking.jpg
91 KB, 500x254
Hello /ck/ I'm not a very good cook, but I'm willing to learn. I'm having my cousin and his gf over for dinner sometime next week and I need a good meal and I would like to impress them, so I was wondering what some of you think would be a good dish.

I'd also like to make this a regular thing and start cooking healthy, I'm currently in college, but I have a job so money isn't a big issue.
>>
>>7449027
Bump
>>
>>7449027
cook something you would go to a restaurant and order, but don't be too ambitious
>>
>>7449037
This is a slow board, not /b/. Wait a little longer than 3 minutes for a reply before bumping.
>>
Pork loin
Roasted carrots
Rice pilaf
Mixed green salad
Iced tea

Now fuck off, retard
>>
>>7449056
Thanks

>>7449059

My bad
>>
>>7449062
>pork loin
>carrots
>iced tea
So are you a retard or do you just have the palette of one...?
>>
>>7449077
I'm sorry that you can't cook
>>
>>7449077
>palette
>>
>>7449077
I think its palate, but that dude is a dick
>>
>>7449089

> palate

/ck/ meme dude.
>>
>>7449077
This. Anyone that serves iced tea with a serious, non-meme meal is getting that children's drink thrown in their face.
>>
>>7449091
>meme meal
Do you not realize how retarded you sound?
>>
>>7449090
He was using the wrong word though, either way I'm looking at Pork chop Saltimbocca, it looks pretty good.
>>
>>7449027

what kind of shit do you like to eat op?

if you are having company over, you might want to consider something simple with a nice presentation. you could always roast a full chicken and root vegetables with a light salad on the side. everyone loves that, and it's easy to do.
>>
you should make them stir fry
its really easy and its a good introduction to a lot of technical skills
just get some veg you think would work together, snow peas, peppers, zucchinis, broccoli, onion
chop em up pretty evenly
take your biggest pan, put some oil in it
get it as hot as you can without it smoking
toss your veg in, stir
take em out, throw a chopped protein in there
chicken maybe
when its almost done put the veg back in, drizzle some soy sauce, toss it all together
serve it with some chink noodles
wa la
>>
>>7449104
I'll eat anything really, but I do like meat, chicken or fish.

>>7449105
That sounds pretty good, I'll try it out this week and see what tastes good.
>>
>>7449101
it's a /ck/ meme you fucking knob
lurk moar
>>
>>7449123
Im not a knob you're a knob
>>
>>7449128
Kek, your not me, but I'm not a knob either.
>>
>>7449123
>>7449128
Newsflash, we're all knobs
>>
>>7449027
For a first time, I'd make something you know you can cook well, or else do a roast or casserole. Short order is stressful with guests.

So, assemble some ziti or lasagna. Put together some tossed salad, and garlic bread. Done. Maybe something like a roast, all you need to do it well is a covered roaster and an instant read thermometer. Pick your favorite and let loose. Chicken marinated in yogurt can be prepped the night before in a pyrex dish, and moved fridge to oven the day of your adventure, all you need to do well is rice. It can flop if you don't do it often and know your pans/timing.

Cook something your guests like...could be anything really.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.