[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did a franchise as mediocre as Jimmy Johns become so big?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: 05_vito.jpg (52 KB, 731x464) Image search: [Google]
05_vito.jpg
52 KB, 731x464
How did a franchise as mediocre as Jimmy Johns become so big?
>>
college students in the midwest who probably never knew what a tomato was before
>>
Quick and cheap

Convenience is A-#1
>>
>>7448523
Kinda this. When I was in college only three places deliver to the dorms. It's was Papa Johns, a Chinese place, and Jimmy Johns.
>>
>>7448520

When I was in college, my only choices for subs were Jimmy Johns, Subway, and a local pizza place. Jimmy Johns was the lesser evil.
>>
Speed.

They're the only sub shop that finishes making your sandwich before you finish paying for it.

Also, I'm quite fond of their bread.
>>
>>7448520
The real question is why is Subway?
>>
>>7448524

quick, yes. cheap, FUCK no.

they've got that "edgy" selling point, too.
>>
>>7448561
This. The bread is really good and they are generally VERY fast. I even like the ham and cheese slim sandwich because the bread is so good.
>>
>>7448520
Probably because enough people like their product and they made enough money that they were able to expand. They also probably have sound business practices.

Even if the product is mediocre, consistency and speed of service go a long way in America'a fast food market.

Have we given you enough information to feel confident about your own sub sandwich chain that you are planning to start? Oh wait, you're just some piss ant that is whining to the internet because somebody likes something that you don't
>>
Very fast. The sandwich market is a bit of a niche, and the delivery separates them.
Also viewed as of a higher quality than subway, the "chain choice".
I mean, the franchise is pretty good in a business sense. Did you mean mediocre as in the taste? I'm sorry anon, but that isn't very important when asking why a franchise gets big.
>>
>>7448836

DESU the only reason the delivery is fast is because they don't have to cook the food and the delivery zones are tiiiiiiiny

But w/e, it's a good trick
>>
>>7448675
this baka desu senpai
>>
>never tried JJ prior to uni
>just took a massive exam
>out of food, starving
>stop by the JJ i walk past every day
>think about all the good things ive heard about the place from friends
>"so fast" "WAY better than subway" "FAST"
>place is fucking packed
>wait nearly 10 minutes in line
>no toasted subs
>order a #8 no mayo
>see the mongoloid making my sub reach for the mayo
>"No mayo, please!"
>place is so crowded he doesnt even know im talking to him
>lathers my sub with mayo
>make them make another
>finally get sub
>confetti lettuce
>can only taste the tomato and bread
>inhale the sub anyway
>check watch
>almost a 30 minute stop
never again.
>>
>>7448998
>in a hurry
>goes to a crowded restaurant with a line
>complains about how much time it takes
>doesn't just turn around and leave

The "fast" is part is mostly about their delivery btw, not so much for in-store
>>
thank flyover country for any shitty restaurant chain or fast food chain that has ever existed
>>
>>7449008
Niggs what, inshop is fast as fuck

Depends on the store tho i guess. Corporate audits us based on a 3-staff line making a sandwich in 30 seconds, but I can beat that by over half justby myself. Some of the inshop don't give any shits, but the fast pace is fun IMO

Like i mentioned above though the fast delivery is pretty much all smoke and mirrors
>>
>>7448554
U of A?
>>
>>7448524

>Convenience is A-#1
Bullshit. Lee Marvin was A#1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G86I_tp8Z6g
>>
>Ordered JJs the other day
>Takes 30 minutes to get here
>Write sarcastic email about it being neither freaky nor fast
>Get 20 dollar gift card

Swimming in mediocre sandwiches
>>
getting sandwiches thrown at you while drunk is entertaining
>>
>>7449889
What, 2?
>>
>>7448520
USA is the epitome of mediocricy
>>
File: 1440612282821.jpg (73 KB, 790x517) Image search: [Google]
1440612282821.jpg
73 KB, 790x517
>>7449972
>>
>Subway quality
>Quiznos price

no thanks
>>
>>7448554
Sdsu
>>
File: 162545476_9345f4f184.jpg (60 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
162545476_9345f4f184.jpg
60 KB, 500x375
I like potbelly way more, toasted sandwiches done right. The meat is always hot and melted with the cheese, the italian is like heaven. The toppings are always fresh as fuck and the dont use a ton of lettuce.
I don't eat anywhere else for sandwiches now, I went to jimmy johns and the roof of my mouth was torn to shreds.
dont even get me started on subway so help me
>>
File: which-wich-menu.jpg (1 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
which-wich-menu.jpg
1 MB, 4000x3000
Out of my way sandwich fucking shits, there is only one king here.
>>
>>7449979
Americans thought the moon was made of cheese.
>>
File: 1433943251544.jpg (19 KB, 320x371) Image search: [Google]
1433943251544.jpg
19 KB, 320x371
>>7450028
Mein negro
>>
>>7448555
The local pizza place definitely had far superior subs than either of those other crap subs. I don't need to know anything else about the place because literally everywhere has better subs than Subway and every other restaurant besides Subway has better subs than Jimmy Johns
>>
>>7450039
And for all the rest of the world knows, it is made of cheese. Because they've never been there.
>>
>>7450069
Nobody has been there.
>inb4 lasers and reflectors - a probe could drop those
>>
>>7449979
That flag has 26 states. Why?
>>
>>7450022
>>7450028

You pieces of shit are making me want a sandwich at 2:00am. You're both shit. Shit!
>>
>>7450083
Because flags are rectangular and buttons are round?
>>
>>7448675
Yep
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.