[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You know, I miss the day when people posted here to help each
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 449x150) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 449x150
You know, I miss the day when people posted here to help each other, share a recipe or technique, not to tear down or shitpost. Sad that the culture of ck and its mods has changed, so.
>>
implying this hasnt been the state of cookery, and every hobby, forever

its only chili if it has beans
>>
sounds like you can't take the bantz

you a passportless flyover by any chance? because you sure as hell sound like one
>>
>>7442092
You miss some imaginary point in your past? /ck/ was never good.
>>
>>7442092
Go back to /b/, you sensitive little princess.
>>
>>7442092
>Hey guys, remember when 4chan was good?

4chan was never good.

In the context of 4chan, /ck/ is an alright board. /diy/ wins, though.
>>
>>7442092
>mods
>plural
>>
>>7442144
i'm turned off by the idea of /diy/ because a million years ago this obnoxious idiot used to post these ridiculous threads about taking trash and turning it into some kind of retarded street culture/hippie weapons and bullshit and he kept getting banned for it (on fucking /b/) and i'm pretty sure he's the reason /diy/ even exists so i don't think in my dumb ass history of wasting my life on this fucking site i've ever clicked /diy/
>>
>>7442092
I bet you're a nigger aren't you? Only niggers and spics try to use this "4chan used to be friendly" argument.

You were never liked or wanted, people just couldn't tell you were trash because your posts don't show the true color of your skin.

fuck off back to your hugboxes on tumblr and reddit, retard.
>>
>>7442181
I hang out on /diy/ and I don't recognise anyone like that, so his retarded ass doesn't post there.

/diy/ does have a guy who legit owns a former Swedish nuclear bunker that's carved out of the side of a mountain that he's fitting out and posts pictures of.
>>
>>7442131

I remember the day. We actually shared, here.
>>
>>7442092

You must be talking about the days when the majority of people on /ck/ knew how to cook, and the ones who didn't know how to cook were lurkers instead of posting their shitty recipes all the time.

/ck/ used to be a place for people who loved cooking. Now it's just a place for people who love eating...
>>
I was always helpful, but also always tore down other anons, often in the same thread. The shitposting is new though, and it's only going to get worse, unfortunately.

I also miss a time before image.jpg
>>
>>7442244
>>7442262

So can we help make it better?
>>
>>7442299

>post more oc and cooking related content
>ignore off topic posters
>report crossboard/shitposting threads
>report and ignore any thread that uses the word "meme"
>report and ignore any jack posting
>report and ignore any 'murrica vs yuropoor crap
>just ignore 'straya posting, if you're unfortunate enough to be awake during those hours
>be aware of shit reposted from other boards and don't respond to it
>don't post from your cell phone unless you're posting oc
>direct /fit/ posters back to /fit/
>start learning how to cook, and ask specific questions, because that's how interesting threads get started
>>
>>7442092
OP, you have touched my heart. I will fulfill your dream by posting to help you.

>>>Reddit is that way
>>
>>7442299

We try to make it better by telling shitty cooks to get their act together, but that makes us the minority. Like I said, this is a board for eaters, not cooks. Faggots who have never cooked for themselves will drool over anything.

I don't even want to make it better. The fatter people get, the better I look in comparison. Feels good so see dumpy fat fucks and know that I'm not like them because of the choices I made.
>>
>>7442092

/ck/ has always been a lovely mix of shitposting, alcoholism and rare threads of actual quality.

Trying to force a board to change always kills it in the long run.
>>
>>7442359
Yeah I don't mind it here, I don't want it to turn into reddit. I like how heavily opinionated it is despite having people shit on my own OC. I've learned a few things here and have taught others as well. I partake in shit posting and post quality OC/discussion too.
>>
Great blog bro, can't find the subscribe button so just email me every update
>>
>>7442371

>quality oc

This better not be you >>7439803
>>
>>7442195
/pol/ cross posters are another reason /ck/ has been extra shitty lately.
>>
>>7442487
>/pol/ cross posters are another reason 4chan has been extra shitty lately.

FTFY
>>
>>7442461
Lol no, I feel like that is just posting for the hell of it, not much to learn from that thread.
>>
I have to go buy some beer, but i will post some pics from when moot still /ck/. The thread was full of ass kiss but the quality of post and content itself was high and that did really exist here for awhile.
>>
>>7442118
>>7442096

Not OP, and not a huge /ck/ guy, but I remember clearly that a few years ago CK was like 90% actually cookings threads, and most people were just really into food.

If anything I would wager you are the kind of people that come a place, look at the situation, and then try to fit a bit too hard.
>>
>>7442510
I'll make that post now
>>
>>7442510
There were always shitposters, but we experienced a spike in the stupidity after MOOT noted he liked /Ck/.

It's been downhill since then
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.