[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /ck/ I'm tired of going to subway all the time and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: Super_Shaggy_Sandwich.png (460 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
Super_Shaggy_Sandwich.png
460 KB, 720x540
Hey /ck/

I'm tired of going to subway all the time and I've decided to start making my own subs. My goal is to make some phat stacked subs like you see in cartoons.

I need some ideas for ingredients. So far I'm set on using a combination of turkey breast, roast beef, chicken breast, and/or ham as the meat, one or two cheeses - muenster, jack, swiss, provolone, mozarella, or something else, and most or all of the following:
Lettuce
Tomato
Onion
Bell pepper
Cucumber
Olives
Chili (or other spicy?) peppers

What am I missing? Also, any other tips are appreciated such as herbs and spices or condiments to use as the above are just ingredients. These are the basic things for any sub that I plan to have in house at all times, but on special occasions I'll probably get other things like eggplant or ground beef for meatballs or other stuff for one-off subs.

Pic kind related - it's no sub, but it's about as ambitious as the type of subs I'm trying to make.
>>
jesus christ op i'm not gonna fucking hold your hand on what tastes good on your fucking sandwich
DOES IT TASTE GOOD
DOES IT WORK WITH EVERYTHING ELSE
OK THEN DO IT YOU FUCKING RETARD
>>
>>7442083
What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>7442106
what the fuck is wrong with you? can't even decide what to put on a fucking sandwich like wtf?
>>
File: 1457124821448.png (187 KB, 516x700) Image search: [Google]
1457124821448.png
187 KB, 516x700
>>7442106
>>7442083
>>7442073
Everyone calm down. This is not an individual ingredient thread but a veiled bread thread.

Post the best breads for long subway type sandwiches and the associated flavors that compliment that bread.

Post how to make the bread or where to get the bread
>>
Burger patties,pizza and meatballs
>>
You're not going to put a ground beef patty on a baguette. This is what this thread is about. Shitposters are not welcome.
>>
>>7442117
sourdough goes great with anything savory and fatty, as does rye
i like to use softer breads for anything that has a lot of cheese and i plan on getting nice and hot and melty and gooey, they don't keep well but if you're gonna just chow down its great
i'm gonna apologize real quick to the op and say don't sleep on the caramelized onions/mushrooms and roasted peppers. you'll find places for them easy
>>
>>7442073
>Lightly toast bread
>dont apply mayo/dressing directly to bun

EZ
>>
File: IMG_20160305_24596.jpg (54 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160305_24596.jpg
54 KB, 800x450
OP here. Just made this manwich. Ham, turkey breast, muenster, lettuce, tomato, bell pepper, onion, olives, cucumber, and some oregano on fresh made French bread. Pretty tasty.
>>
>>7442446
dude there's like no protein
if you served that to me id throw it at you
>>
>>7442453
While it's mostly buried under all the veggies, you're right, I'll have to put more meat on there next time. Thanks for the tip, I'm always open to constructive criticism.
>>
>>7442446
And now how does the roof of your mouth feel after eating that raw baguette?

Exactly.

Look! you took one bite and took a picture for positive reinforcement to get the needed energy required to finish the feat of this meal. If it was excellent you wouldn't have taken a picture with technology but with your tongue and memory.

Be not swayed from perfect sandwich making.
I knew you would try the baguette and this is why I made my post above about how this is a bread thread. baguettes are shitty sandwich bread family.
>>
File: 1457147099316dsds.jpg (55 KB, 522x280) Image search: [Google]
1457147099316dsds.jpg
55 KB, 522x280
Also I made that above post laying claim that this is a bread thread because I too ruined my mouth in a moon light witnessed sandwich attempt what ruined my mouth something barbaric. We must know the best subway style sandwich bread for home use...

I fear we must make it from scratch.
>>
>>7442607
Actually, it was very soft and quite a tasty sandwich. But I will admit there are likely better breads out there. So you have my vote. This is now also a bread thread.
>>
>>7442073
>>7442446
I think it's cruel to feed that to a dog.
>>
>>7442073
missing some salami
>>
File: 1365379423000.jpg (42 KB, 366x380) Image search: [Google]
1365379423000.jpg
42 KB, 366x380
>>7442159
>dont apply mayo/dressing directly to bun
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.