[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
halp
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
ok, i live in germany and im moving out from my family, and i will need to cook for my self from now on, im a complete beginer, idk where to start, is there any simple and healty meal plan or some simple recipes to make
>>
>>7437874
>idk where to start,

Get a beginner cookbook, or watch a beginner cooking program like Good Eats (it's on youtube)
>>
>>7437874
Ask your oma
>>
>>7437874
Learn to cook noodles, rice, potatoes
Bolognese, lasagne, chili, burger, mince-feta soup, chances are you know "Flammkuchen". Of course everything will be more time consuming than waiting for mom to cook, so it depents on the effort you want to put in. Ground meat is easy to handle and cost 2,29€/pound at Aldi if expenses also worry you.
>>
>>7437874
toast or boil an egg
>>
>>7437874
You really can't go wrong with soup. Plenty of nutrition as long as you use an adequate amount of vegetables, impossible to fuck up, keeps for about a week. Stews, for that matter too.
>>
>>7438039

I see people fuck up soup all the time by using water or bullion cubes instead of good stock.
>>
Learn the basics. From there you can cook a lot of things. If it has directions on it, rice for example, just follow the directions. YouTube is your friend. I love Jacques Pepin myself. Buy s beginners cookbook as mentioned, the Internet is your friend. I still use my beginners cookbook from time to time
>>
>>7437874
The basics are very simple. First, start watching some cooking channels on youtube to get ideas, recipes, inspiration, whatever.

But seriously, you need basically three things to make a somewhat well-rounded meal:
Carbs (rice, noodles, potatoes, bread)
Meat (beef, pork, chicken, turkey)
Vegetables (ALL OF THEM)

Look up how to cook the carbs
Look up how to cook the meat (minced, cuts, breasts, steaks)
Buy frozen vegetables, they are cheap and healthy
Buy spices, oils and bouillon or stock cubes

That's the basis of a variety of meals. Switch the meats, the carbs, the vegetables, and you get a shit-load of possible combinations that can taste very differently.
>>
>>7438043
Honestly bullion cubes aren't that bad if you're getting on your feet and learning how to cook. That bullion-sauce kind of dealio isn't bad either. Obviously a real stock is preferred, but hey, gotta start somewhere.
>>
>>7438057
>this so much

You should also google the basic kitchen wear. You'll buy more shit as you progress when you realize you need it
>>
>>7438065

IMHO learning to make stock is one of the most basic and fundamental things to learn. It's the basis of so many dishes that it's not even funny. Learning to make it yourself has many benefits:
1) cheaper than store-bought stock
2) not a sodium bomb like cubes, etc.
3) tastes better
4) has gelatin for a much nicer texture in soups, stews, and sauces.

It's also easy and inexpensive to make, so why not?
>>
>>7438079
The biggest issue is usually storage. People who move out and into their first own apartment are generally lacking storage space. No huge freezer, not even a big fridge. Making stock yourself is only worth the time and effort if you can make a lot of it and use it over a long period of time.
That's rarely applicable for students.
>>
File: homemade-stock-recipe.jpg (72 KB, 850x425) Image search: [Google]
homemade-stock-recipe.jpg
72 KB, 850x425
That's not a problem at all.
>>canning
>>
File: r.jpg (686 KB, 1200x1697) Image search: [Google]
r.jpg
686 KB, 1200x1697
>>
>>7438113
Canning, just like dehydrating aren't very common outside of America and there are countless Europeans on youtube that have channels dedicated to that sort of thing saying they had to import most of their equipment from America at an absurd premium.
>>
>>7438164

"most of their equipment"? All you need is a pressure cooker. Those are readily available in Europe. Heck, I live in the US and both of mine are European brands!
>>
>>7437874
Think of things you like to eat.
Search for recipes.
Buy ingredients.
Follow recipes.
>>
>>7438170
I'm talking dehydrators and canning machines. I know you can do it in a pressure cooker but the dedicated units aren't sold in Europe just like dehydrators.
>>
>>7438164
For high sugar/high acidity foods you don't need a pressure canner at all. You need a boiling pot of water.
>>
>>7438183
What does a dehydrator have to do with making stock?

>>but the dedicated units aren't sold in Europe
Sure they are. I just told you that both of mine are European brands. One is a Magnefesa (Spanish), the other is a Kuhn Rikon (Swiss).

>>7438186
Correct. But stock is not a high sugar or high acid food, so it's irrelevant in this context.
>>
>>7438199
I was answering in the broader "canning" context.
>>
>>7437874
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL435B8F0CB00AF764
>>
>>7439462
So I watched a few videos, and I like it. Out of curiosity I looked at the comments, and I'm reminded why I hate self prescribed commented who have never tried on their own, never tried new things and failed or succeed, but still get online to bitch about other people's dishes since they have none of their own. It reminds me of ck.. What was once a nice place for new and interesting ideas is now filled with SJW assholes who regurgitate the same bs over and over, and only contribute with negative comments.
Any old ck peeps out there: I feel for you. Summer never left. =,\
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.