[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't you have a few gallons of alcohol brewing right now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: wine feb 8 2016.jpg (158 KB, 705x1000) Image search: [Google]
wine feb 8 2016.jpg
158 KB, 705x1000
Why don't you have a few gallons of alcohol brewing right now?
>>
Because I'm not a NEET and I can buy my own booze.
>>
>>7436263
I do.
6 gallons of kit wine, 2 different gallons of mead, 2.5 gallons of makgeolli, and 1 gallon of choujiu.
>>
File: homebrew.jpg (152 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
homebrew.jpg
152 KB, 600x600
HOMEBREWMEN
>>
File: karl_ausfags_hot_pie.jpg (45 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
karl_ausfags_hot_pie.jpg
45 KB, 620x372
>>7436268
But that tax though. Jesus fucking christ the beer tax kills me brah.
>>
>>7436268

You can also just buy your own food ready cooked.
>>
>>7436334
I remember that was a pre-reddit /ck/ general, not anymore.
>>
>>7436263
because i just finished bottling my black IPA. Gonna brew up another 5 gallons of hefeweizen soon so i'm ready for the warm weather
>>
>>7436263
i have a kegerator of apfelwein and ~8 gallons aging.
Its decent, accidentally did 4 gallons apple juice and 2 pounds dextrose ended up much stronger than expected. not in a bad way, just a one large glass gets you strongly buzzed
>>
can't be assed to build a stovetop still and I can't afford the calories in mead or cider or beer given the amount i drink.

I can't make better or cheaper moonshine than industrial scale vodka so fuck it.
>>
because im not a weirdo who home fements shit. That is legitimately dangerous if not done properly and somewhat expensive to start and takes too long
>>
Any tips on getting started? What the easiest to not fuck up?

Assume I have no gear either.
>>
>>7436956
you can easily get in for under 100$ and most of the equipment is reusable. as long as you follow SIMPLE sanitation procedures you wont have any issues.

>>7436983
find a recipe that you want to make. follow it.
There is a ton of material available online instructions wise, its pretty simple.
cider/apfelwein is pretty easy to do, requires even less work than beer, but it is better to age it longer.
If you have the money and think you will keep up the hobby get glass carboys. if not, a 5 gallon water jug works pretty well.
>>
Anyone here distill before?
>>
>>7436956
the fuck are you talking about? brewing isn't dangerous at all you're thinking of distillation. at worst you'll make something disgusting
>>
Because im homeless and have no where to put a brew. Used to do it a few years ago before my wife left and took every thing.
>>
Is there an easy guide to this?
>>
>>7437212
Its pretty easy. Just expect to have to wait two months before the beer actually tastes any good. Easy to buy beer kits second hand for dirt cheap. Its the kinda thing people buy try once and give up. So there's some bargains to be had.
>>
>>7436263
because I make moonshine
>>
>>7436990
Is there anything low in carbohydrates/sugar that tastes good that can be made, or is this essentially impossible?
>>
I do. In my toilet. Sugar, yeast, Value Time grape juice and pinesol for that extra kick.
>>
File: pinot noir.jpg (568 KB, 2080x1192) Image search: [Google]
pinot noir.jpg
568 KB, 2080x1192
>>7436263
because i'm waiting
>>
File: image.jpg (183 KB, 706x848) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
183 KB, 706x848
>>7436263
Oh Yeah!
She's bubbling away nicely.
>>
>>7437255
yes
>>
>>7437255
http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2015/01/stone-delicious-ipa-gluten-reduced-review.html
>>
>>7436956
>fermenting sugar is dangerous
Exactly how fucking stupid are you?
>>
>>7436263
20 gals of cream ale fermenting right now, other 20 lagering and another 3 bottled :^)

I changed brands and this last batch came out amber color instead of pale so it's not commercially viable, probably the pH of the new brand (Avangard, was trying to see if I could cut some costs) was not low enough so I'll stick with Briess.
>>
>>7437255
Most dry beers like lagers have very little sugars remaining after fermentation, alternatively you could mash at lower temps so more fermentable sugars are converted, also adjuncts such as rice contribute to dryness.

Mead can go completely dry as honey is completely fermentable, I've read about mead with final gravity less than 1.00.
>>
>>7438064
420 BLAZE IT
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.