[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the consensus on Seagrams gin? I usually get Gordon's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9
File: Seagrams_Gin_295443.jpg (16 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
Seagrams_Gin_295443.jpg
16 KB, 480x480
What's the consensus on Seagrams gin? I usually get Gordon's when I get cheap gin but I'm wondering if there's better (as well as cheap) options out there.

Also general /liquor/ thread.
>>
Stick with Gordon's

If you want to go up a level, get Plymouth.
>>
>>7433765
>Stick with Gordon's
I had a feeling about that, it IS pretty good for how cheap it is, none of the other cheap gin's I've tried have that juniper/pine taste. I'll check out Plymouth though.
>>
>>7433743
I used to enjoy it ice cold with fresh squeezed lemon juice over ice. Can't drink gin anymore, makes my liver hurt more than any other kind of booze.
>>
>>7434004
That sounds like more of a personal problem with your own alcoholism tbqh with you.
>>
It's not bad. The store I go to has new Amsterdam for the same price. I'll go for that over it everyday and twice on Sunday.
>>
>>7434062
i agree

gin is an organ cleanser desu
>>
File: 1456101625246.gif (2 MB, 347x196) Image search: [Google]
1456101625246.gif
2 MB, 347x196
>>7434092
>alcohol
>cleanser

What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>7433941
Plymouth is not as sharp as london dries. Easier for sipping neat.
>>
>>7433743
I was gifted a bottle of this recently, coincidentally. I feel like I'd be better spending my time using this to clean the bathroom.

What are the best gin drinks? G&T did nothing for me.
>>
File: 1383182514068.png (171 KB, 396x423) Image search: [Google]
1383182514068.png
171 KB, 396x423
>>7434101

I drink lots of vodka. That cleans out my system, and even cleans my teeth (I haven’t brushed in years, and haven’t had a cavity since).

I also eat a liverwurst sandwich pretty much every day – to counterbalance the effects the vodka has on my liver. I make my sandwiches on seeded rye (because it’s the healthiest bread), with mayo (because eggs are the best protein; I use kewpie, because the msg makes it taste better), coarse mustard (good for the white blood cells), zucchini pickles (because they taste good), and a bunch of baby spinach (just for filler; it could honestly be left out).

I also eat a lot of canned fish (mostly sardines, but also the occasional fancy smoked oysters) on saltines. They give you all your essential amino acids, and provide a nice opportunity to try out various hot sauces, which are generally very low in calories, while high in flavor and immensely prodigious to healthiness.

Aside from that, I drink large amounts of water (anywhere between ice-cold to slightly chilled) every day, always through a straw, and sometimes with a lemon wedge.

To each their own, I say, but I’m just shy of 30 and am doing better than most of you.
>>
>>7434817
Two of my faves would have to be the Negroni and the White Lady.
>>
File: bruh.jpg (72 KB, 1024x882) Image search: [Google]
bruh.jpg
72 KB, 1024x882
>>7434826
ok
>>
Monkey 47 is the absolute best money can buy and it isn't THAT expensive, otherwise Gordon's is good enough for the price
>>
File: 1440655791859.png (26 KB, 151x129) Image search: [Google]
1440655791859.png
26 KB, 151x129
>>7434826
this whole post

is this some sort of pasta i was not aware of if not its 10/10 will use again
>>
>>7434826
>i eat canned fish and never brush my teeth
>>
File: drunk.jpg (18 KB, 236x256) Image search: [Google]
drunk.jpg
18 KB, 236x256
Alcohol spammers should be banned. Children visit this board and these drug pushers are trying to entice young people to drink hard liquor, which is the absolute worst kind of alcohol out there, the most deadly, and the most dangerous.
>>
File: 1455923394760.jpg (1012 KB, 1802x1536) Image search: [Google]
1455923394760.jpg
1012 KB, 1802x1536
>>7435119

>alcohol spammers
>>
>>7434826
It blows my mind how people can be elitists about anything, including being an alcoholic with poor hygiene and no understanding of what defines healthy food despite claiming that they eat healthy.
>>
>>7433743

Gordon's seemed harsher to me. Seagram's gin isn't special but it goes down easy, mellow. Don't mind Gordon's, but it's quite a bit fiercer.

Used to drink nothing but 15 bucks a handle Seagram's gin, with 79 cent a 2-liter off brand tonic. Got the job done. Loved it.
>>
>>7434826
why does this always get replies, regardless of how many times its posted?
>>
>>7435892

Why do one liner greentext threads with the same fedora image posted a dozen times a day get replies?
>>
>>7435892
>tfw you thought you'd seen this before but almost replied anyways but looked through the replies first and found this post

dodged a bullet there
>>
File: ShirleyHardWork.gif (1 MB, 350x294) Image search: [Google]
ShirleyHardWork.gif
1 MB, 350x294
>>7435937

>dodged a bullet there
>>
Bombay Sapphire isn't that much more than Gordons in the UK. There's also the Bombay original which is probably quite similar in pricing.
>>
>>7436026
That's right. I personally prefer to spend the seven extra bucks on Tanqueray, but at times money has been a bit too tight to go for that. Also Broker's is pretty damn good for a couple bucks more as well.
>>
Oi, whats something nice and mellow for sipping in a rainy day? Something maybe a bit thicker but anything is good. Maybe a solid mid end porto wine but im mostly looking for liqueur? I tried tennessee honey, terrible mistake.
>>
>>7436159
Oh mixes apply here too. Maybe a good cognac for a london fog? Those are nice.
>>
>>7436159
Rainy day? Depends what season. Rainy in Autumn/Winter would be well accompanied by a decent VSOP or some Brandy de Jerez straight up. Could also go with some Amarula, for something sweeter. A Hot Toddy might also be up your alley if it's a bit too cold.

On a Spring/Summer rainy day, you can't go wrong with a Gin Fizz, Daiquiri or a Margarita. If it's really hot a frozen Daiquiri can do the trick.
>>
>>7436162
Also, if you're mixing cognac, go for either a VS or a VSOP. Don't get something too expensive, since the extra buck won't change the flavour of your drink significantly. My regular choice isn't even a cognac, it's Macieira, a Portuguese brandy. If I want to drop an extra penny, I'll go with some Remy Martin VSOP.
>>
>>7436180
I found Brokers for 20 bucks which is 5 bucks more than any other brand's 375ml bottle. Does that mix well?
>>
>>7436199

>375ml bottle

Why would anybody do this?
>>
Spend some more dosh and buy St. George
>>
>>7436211
To try things. I have a bunch of them to taste different drinks.
>>
>>7436221

That's what the airplane sized bottles at the checkout are for.
>>
>>7436199
Broker's is one of the best budget London Dry gins out there. It's great for G&T's and Gin Fizz. It has a very strong juniper taste, so if your cocktail relies on a strong gin, go ahead. If you want to drink gin without tasting it, don't buy it.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.