[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone got something interesting to make with canned pineapple?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
I like canned pineapple and would like to do more with it. I struggle coming up with simple ideas, though.

1. Eating it raw.
2. On pizza.
3. In a chicken and rice pot with coconut milk.

That's about it. Does someone have some ideas for me? It doesn't need to be a full meal or anything.
>>
>>7432161
It's delicious with a bit of the syrup/juice on vanilla ice cream.
>>
>>7432161
Or batter and fry the rings, add a bit of cinnamon and sugar.
Num nums.
>>
>>7432161

You can make excellent sauces from it. A BBQ sauce for pork, or the classic Chinese sweet-and-sour.

It's also good grilled. Just slap the rings on the grill and let them brown a bit.

Or add to a mixed fruit salad.
>>
>>7432166
That sounds like a weird combination, will try.
>>7432170
Don't have a frier, and doing that in a pot would be a lot of work. Sounds delicious though.
>>7432175
Grilled is great, true, and in a salad is a great idea. Thanks!
>>
My mother makes this tuna curry thing. Has sliced hard boiled eggs, green beans, pineapple pieces, serve it on rice, sounds weird but it's pretty good. Tuna is just plain old canned tuna.
>>
>>7432161
You should make some sort of party cheese salad
>>
>>7432211
yeah, it really goes well with american cheese, celery and a whole lotta whip cream (maybe 2 heaping spoons?)
>>
Last Christmas I smoked a ham with pineapple slices and cherries on the outside

The pineapples were actually disgusting after being smoked
>>
>>7432399

Yeah, I can see that. They're good grilled but I wouldn't smoke them.
>>
blend it with ice for a pineapple smoothie?
>>
>>7432239
Actually it should be one heaping container.
>>
>>7432403
I saw it on a YouTube video. They were eating the pineapple and said it was good. It might have been the wood I used, which was about 3/4 hickory and 1/4 apple. The meat turned out great, at least.
>>
>>7432161
Pineapple cake.
Regular cake batter in a mold, put pineapples and brown sugar on the bottom. You can add some brown rhum to it and it's fuken delicious.
>>
Eat 30 cans in one night
>>
>>7432161
mix rum with the juice
>>
>>7432161
I just used some to make ambrosia; that's always an option.
>>
Dice the pineapple and mix it with cheap white wine and the can juice, let it rest for a bit then drink it
>>
Memes aside, Ainsley Harriots recipe for a rummy French toast and pineapple sandwich is great.
>>
could you take pineapple slices coat them in crushed banana chips and fry them in coconut oil?
>>
>>7432898

Yeah, but you'd have to use something to make sure the banana chip pieces stuck to the pineapple.
>>
Aunt Myrna's Party Cheese Salad

If you make it, record it and post so all can see.
>>
>>7432907
canned pineapple has syrup, wouldn't that work?
>>
Pineapple goes into sweet and sour sauces. I use the syrup in the sauces as well. Basically pour the syrup along with ketchup, vinegar and a little bit of soy sauce into a pan, bring to a boil, thicken with cornstarch slurry. Cut up the pineapple pieces and throw it in the sauce.

In a wok or pan stir fry some chicken, onions and bell peppers. Once the chicken is cooked through add in sweet and sour sauce.
>>
Bake a cake with the layer of pineapple on the bottom. Then melt some sugar in butter with a little bit of lemon in a separate pan to make a topping to go over it too.
>>
>>7432915

Nope. But standard breading technique would work fine (flour or starch first, then egg wash, then your banana chips).

I didn't mean to imply this was a difficult problem, just that you need to add something other than just pineapple and banana chips.
>>
>>7432914
Someone did make that last week I believe (>>7398132), but the thread was deleted and the archive was down.
>>
>>7432161

Pork stir fry burrito

onion
bell pepper
carrots
garlic
chili
pineapple
green onion
pork

Cut pork, onion, bell pepper, and carrots into stir fry size pieces of your choosing.

Mince chili of choice with an equal amount of garlic.

Saute onion, bell pepper, and carrot to desired consistency, and remove from pan.

Add pork and brown each side. Once brown, add veggies, garlic/chili mince, and pineapple. Stir until pork is completely cooked to your liking.

Load up a fresh tortilla, garnish with green onion, and form a burrito.

Serve with tomato salsa and rice.
>>
File: 1448861552866.jpg (22 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1448861552866.jpg
22 KB, 320x320
>>7432488
>>
>>7432455
Thats not how you make pineapple upside down cake you fucking fagguit
>>
you can dice some and bake it in cheesecake
>>
>>7432161
You can use it to make home made dole whip!
>>
>>7433144
Do you not find the texture of canned Pineapple offputting. Fresh is so much better.
>>
>>7432161

party cheese salad
>>
>>7432161

>caramelise
>put on burger with bacon, egg, tomato, beetroot, lettuce and tomato sauce
>fucken beaut
>>
Pineapple upside down cake / cupcakes
>>
>>7432488
Wait ain't this Wong Kar Wai film
>>
>>7432161

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHHAR1S_eKA
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.