[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Healthy Mac and cheese?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: image.gif (559 KB, 500x643) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
559 KB, 500x643
I love Mac and cheese but I'm trying to be healthier, any delicious and low carb recipes?
>>
>>7423811
Low carb or low calorie*
>>
File: Cauliflower_and_Cheese.jpg (110 KB, 425x304) Image search: [Google]
Cauliflower_and_Cheese.jpg
110 KB, 425x304
how about vegetables and cheese.

same cheese sauce. you're just using green beans/broccoli/cauliflower/etc in lieu of the macaroni.
>>
niggers
>>
>>7423811
There is no "healthy" mac and cheese, just eat it and then spend the next day working it off
>>
The unhealthy part is the cheese, not the fucking pasta. There's no such thing as "low carb" mac and cheese because mac and cheese is just a poorfag recipe combining a cheap staple with high-fat dairy to get calories in.

Is this really how Americans diet? Hurr, this pasta is slathered in cream and cheese, what can I replace the pasta with, guise, I'm trying to be healthier
>>
>>7423823
fat isn't necessarily unhealthy in controlled portions. fat is as necessary as any other food group.

carbs have a direct link to insulin resistance.
>>
>>7423829
Holy shit you're mentally retarded, is your pantry filled with "gluten free" products by any chance?
>>
>>7423811
Just use whatever recipe you normally use. Use 1% or skim milk, low-fat or fat-free cheese. If you don't eat too much, it's not even that bad for you.
>>
Have it as a small side instead of a meal.
>>
>>7423829
Dairy is full of saturated fat (more so than eggs and meat) and saturated fat is a strong contributor to various health problems. A typical serving of mac and cheese contains more saturated fat than is adequate to consume in one day on average.
>>
>>7423847
Half a box of KD contains only about 15% of your recommended daily saturates.
>>
File: minimalistbake.jpg (177 KB, 680x937) Image search: [Google]
minimalistbake.jpg
177 KB, 680x937
you could try making it vegan.
>>
>>7423839
Dumb shit he said healthier. Cutting out fat is the last thing you want to do if you want to be healthier.
>>
>>7423853
That's not a good thing fucknut
>>
>>7423910
15% is less than 100%.
>>
>>7423897
Reducing saturated fat is healthier.
>>
File: 1439674095217.jpg (607 KB, 2000x1414) Image search: [Google]
1439674095217.jpg
607 KB, 2000x1414
>>7423918
R
E
K
T

HOLY SHITTTTTTTTTTT
>>
>>7423833
He mentioned something true though, high-glycemic (that's important) carbs can contribute to insulin resistance, which is a precursor to type 2 diabetes.

That's why prediabetics tend to go on a ketogenic diet at some point.
>>
>>7423925
>saturated fat
>inherently bad
t. the 1980's
>>
>>7424125
>I read health blogs
>>
>>7423811
You should Google it, already an answer there.

Next question!
>>
>>7424138
>I don't actually keep up on health science, I just parrot what my neighbors think.
>>
>>7423811
maybe you could try some dairy free macaroni cheese

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XXHzSM-0c8
>>
>>7424125
>>7424158
>reading some guy's blog on the internet is "keeping up on health science"
>some guy on the internet knows more about nutritional science than every scientific body on the planet
>one or two flawed studies disprove hundreds that show saturated fat is bad for you
Saturated fat advocates are about as silly as AGW deniers. It's almost creationist tier.
>>
>>7424163
I'm kinda curious what dairy-free cheese tastes like but it's so expensive.
>>
>>7424211
>Government health bodies
>The same governments that are repeatedly bought out and bribed by different food lobbyists.

Are you British or something? There has to be some reason you trust your life and reality with whatever your government of idiots says.
>>
File: Dis_nigga_serious.jpg (466 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
Dis_nigga_serious.jpg
466 KB, 1080x1080
>>7423862
Anon I almost threw up from that suggestion. Pls.
>>
>>7424241
A lot of those are not government bodies you fucking cretin.
>hurr lobbyists
Yeah, it's either the dairy industry, then meat, then grains, maybe farmers or Monsanto, then the evil olive oil companies or McDonalds. Whatever recommendation, some idiot will claim it's because of "lobbyists"
>>
>>7424230
I've tried Daiya brand because a friend who can't ingest dairy swears by it, and the texture was awful. It was like someone took kraft singles and mixed in sand. It was very gritty. It was a little better melted but the taste was not good either. Like chemical paste. I'm curious about things like cashew cheese or other alternatives but I will not touch processed fake cheese product again.
>>
>>7424261
>Yeah, it's either the dairy industry, then meat, then grains, maybe farmers or Monsanto, then the evil olive oil companies or McDonalds. Whatever recommendation, some idiot will claim it's because of "lobbyists"

Exactly, and it's also entirely true, so stop posting the research they fund like it's somehow an accurate representation of legitimate health science.
>>
>>7424263
cashew cheese is amazing
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.