[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Here in Milwaukee on business Any recommendations?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3
File: 76219.jpg (460 KB, 1880x800) Image search: [Google]
76219.jpg
460 KB, 1880x800
Here in Milwaukee on business

Any recommendations?
>>
Kill yourself
>>
>>7422147
Beer and cheese curds.
>>
>>7422147
Stay in the airport, or close to it. Otherwise, eat cheese, they have good cheese...
>>
>>7422151
>>7422147
Oh, Beer-cheese soup is a wisconsin thing that you probably won't see anywhere else.
>>
>>7422147
Check out conejito's for Mexican. It's been around forever, has solid tacos, but they serve your food on paper plates. There's too many good places to list to be honest. Milwaukee is known for its variety of places to eat. What are you after?
>>
>>7422169
Typical idiot who has only seen milwaukee on a tv show.
>>
>>7422225
Beer cheese soup is a white trash thing in wisconsin. It's not a thing most people have eaten here.
>>
I'm going to Wisconsin next month and am also curious, OP

>>7422295

If not beer cheese soup, then what?
>>
>>7422316
Brats are actually a big thing in Wisconsin in general, as is fish fry on Fridays.
>>
>>7422151
Cheese curds are a thing in Wisconsin. And Milwaukee does have lots of bars.
>>
>>7422147
http://onmilwaukee.com/dining/articles/bestofdining2015.html

Here's a solid list to check out. Some of these places are practically institutions like the Chancery, and some are a bit newer. How much money are you looking to spend? Milwaukee, in general, is a great city for a foodie on a budget.
>>
Milwaukee had plenty of good food that's bad for you.

>Burgers
Oscar's
AJ Bombers
Sobelman's
>Pizza
Classic Slice
>Fancy German
Maders
>Mexican
Conejitos

Go stuff your fucking face, OP
>>
File: solly's.jpg (94 KB, 590x590) Image search: [Google]
solly's.jpg
94 KB, 590x590
>>7422147
Fucking Solly's! Get two butter burgers, one with the stewed onions, one without, a small fry, and a malt of your choice.

Make sure you don't order a double or their larger patties, because it kind of screws up the bread to meat ratio.

Live about 20 minutes north of Milwaukee, but probably gonna go to sleep soon, I can post more recommendations tomorrow if you want.
>>
AJ Bombers
Milwaukee Brat House
Fortune Restaurant
Fujiyama
Spartan Gyros
Ashley's Que
Northpoint Custard (the official location isn't open yet, but you probably saw another one at the airport)
Maharaja
Xankia
>>
>>7422443
Sure, tell me more
>>
Go to 821 E Keefe Ave and tell Stephanie that veganism is stupid.
>>
Thanks for all the recommendation
>>
Does Milwaukee a food they call their own?
>>
>>7424009
No milwaukee only food, but try a brat while yer in town.
>>
>>7422443
>Crinkle cut fries
Always shit.
>>
>>7422147
Yeah, ask Google.

Next question.
>>
>>7423422
If you want good downtown German, Mater's or Karl Rasch's are two good ones. I would recommend going to the ballaprk for some garlic fries, pulled pork brisket parfait, strong island iced tea, etc, but the Brewers aren't in season.

Drawing a little blank, so forgive me here, but there are a lot of good Bartelotta-run restaurants (they're kind of the food mafia here, the Rumpus Room is good).

The place by the lakefront that overlooks the Calatrava art museum is usually good. It used to be pieces of eight, but I believe it's called something new like the Harbor House.

Already mentioned Solly's for best butter burger in existence, but you can go to the Fox Bay Cinema for full food service while watching a new box office flick. Great to have a steak n' porter while watching a movie.

Honestly, I would know more about dives and cozy bars because Wisconsinites are cheap and like our booze.
>>
>>7424418
>Bartolotta is the mood mafia
I never really thought about it, but yeah they own so many damn restaurants
they even lease out their name to a restaurant at the airport and they even opened up a new restaurant at the Mayfair collection.

I'm surprise they don't own an asian or asian fusion restaurant.
>>
42 Alehouse for cheese curds or Public Market for variety.

AJ Bombers too.
>>
milwaukee is the shittiest fucking city ever. absolutely nothing to eat, everything downtown closes mad early, and the food at the few places you can actually maybe get food from is absolute garbage. i havent been to a local place and had a actual good experience.
>>
>>7424921
From reading your post, you seem like a child who has done nothing or, worse, an adult who has reaped the rewards of a shitty personality. That said, if you like eating late, your choices do become limited. You could eat at jalisco's after bar close I think still. Been a while since I've done much drinking, though.
>>
I like Stacked in downtown. I remember them doing a menu changeup recently which had me not liking one of their sides as much as the old one recently, but the specifics elude me. They make a damn good Brandy Old Fashioned. Seems only older folk and hipsters know how to make a good one at bars.

Ward's House of Prime is good for a giant hunk of delicious prime rib too.
>>
>>7425010
youre the reason i think the way i do. youre a shit pleb who think jaliscos is good. theyre btfo and were good 8 years ago.
>>
>>7424009
beer
>>
Go to Company Brewing
>>
>>7424921
How late do you want restaurants to be serving food?
>>
>>7422295
>Beer cheese soup is a white trash thing in wisconsin
The fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>7424921
No shit, Milwaukee has no nightlife
despite the ammount of bars it has
>>
File: serveimage (1).jpg (125 KB, 542x393) Image search: [Google]
serveimage (1).jpg
125 KB, 542x393
>>7425244
No nightlife? In a state of alcoholics? Maybe you just didn't visit in festival season. That and the surrounding area doesn't really go downtown to drink, mostly the local bar.

Fun fact, there are more bars than grocery stores in this state, and there are a fuckload of grocery stores...
>>
>>7422147
Leffs. Get the Ass Kicker wings.
>>
>>7425042
If you read my post, I never said it was good, But hey, you just gave another example of why you have bad experiences. You probably get spit and other body fluids in your food on a regular basis with that personality.
>>
>>7425251
I think for some people, drinking till dawn = night life. But in Milwaukee, bars close @ like 2:30 am latest.
>>
>>7422147
If you want a really nice dinner, go to the Harbor house. It's got a dress code fyi, and it's pretty expensive but the food and drinks are damn good
>>
>>7425686
place is terrible. got a dried out med rare steak.

>>7425518
okay, well i mean, you live in milwaukee and enjoy it, so idk what to tell you. you seem to be the most delusional and twisted here.
>>
>>7424009
>>7424019
Yes indeed, actually! Reuben rolls/Reuben balls are native to Milwaukee. It's shredded corned beef, chopped sauerkraut and Swiss cheese shreds (some places also add caraway) either wrapped in egg roll shells and deep-fried or mixed into a thick batter, made into balls and deep-fried.
Either way, it's served with thousand island dressing to dip it in.
>>
>>7424161
I don't get this meme. I'm indifferent, but if I had to choose a side, crinkle has more surface area to crisp. Regular is usually just uninteresting.
>>
>>7427393
maybe some people are just very adamant on their hatred of crinkle cut fries
>>
Beans and Barley. .. Milwaukee institution.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.