[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Perfect buttery popcorn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: reg0496.jpg (476 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
reg0496.jpg
476 KB, 800x600
How do I get perfect buttery popcorn with home ingredients?

And when I say "home ingredients" I mean I'm not very /ck/ so I don't have anything fancy. I usually fill the bottom of a large pot with butter and oil and drop one kernel in, let it pop, then pour in enough to cover the bottom and put the lid on it. It's good, but I want it butterier and better. Sometimes I'll cut open a bag of microwave popcorn and throw that in.

There's also an air popper we got for Christmas, but it's ass.
>>
>>7418455
Regal uses butter flavored coconut oil along with butter flavored salt. Unless you have those two things you'll never have it as good as theirs. AT least when its fresh.
>>
Melt...Butter?

Also, use the butter flavored salt that Regal uses, it's called Flavocol.
>>
>>7418455
Stovetop pop in clarified butter.
>>
>>7418455

Orville Redenbacher has buttery popcorn oil you can use to pop the corn and then pour on it for flavor. I use two more kinds of flavoring as well...butter flakes (from the store) and popcorn salt. Popcorn salt is ground finer, so it covers kernels better.
>>
Is it weird that I go to movie theaters, buy popcorn, and then leave?
>>
>>7418715
Fuck it. Just do it.
Hell, buy a whole 200 lbs of it.
>>
put melted butter in a spray bottle. not even kidding
>>
>>7418728
I was actually thinking of doing this.
>>
>>7418526
It needs to be clarified butter or it just ends up being terrible

>>7418455
OP do NOT make buttered popcorn at home unless you're making it for a large group and will have help. Its one of the most difficult flavors to make because you have to clarify the butter and its the only flavor that does not keep at all. Buttered popcorn taste fucking terrible the moment it cools down even a little bit.

Do yourself a favor and make kettle corn
>>
>>7418782
Making buttered popcorn isn't rocket science you fucking idiot.
>>
>>7418788
Out of every single flavor of popcorn you can make its the biggest hassle with the least reward. Caramel is more involved but it taste much better for the effort and can keep for atleast a month. Pretty much every other decent flavor is just pouring on ingredients during the cooking process or right after and they all will keep for atleast a week.
>>
File: popcornsark.gif (3 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
popcornsark.gif
3 MB, 500x500
>>7418788
You're saltier than my popcorn.
>>
File: 477694.jpg (121 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
477694.jpg
121 KB, 640x640
>>7418500
If there's a foodservice supply you can get these type of packs, just split them up as required.
>>
>>7418782
see>>7418799
>>
>>7418797
>tfw you will never share popcorn with her before having angry sex
>>
File: sarkeesian.gif (3 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
sarkeesian.gif
3 MB, 500x500
>>7418797
better.
>>
>>7418782
Okay. How do you make kettle corn?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.