[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
things to get at an Indian restaurant?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
Hi /ck/ I'm going to an Indian restaurant with my gf tonight. It's the first time I'll be going to one and was wondering if there are some must have items to order. She's had Indian food a good amount so I was just planning on letting her order and we share.

I can take a good amount of heat so spicy dishes are fun. No sex tonight, so it's okay to have dishes with a lot of spice/give me gas/may give me the runs

Thanks

Pic unrelated
>>
Garlic naan and saag/palak paneer is usually my favorite thing to get when I get Indian food.

Tikka masala and vindaloo are good too, so it korma. Sometimes I'll get one of those if I want to change things up. Occasionally I'll get tandoori chicken as well.

If the place has a buffet, that would be a solid choice too since you can try a bit of everything.

Whatever you get, definitely get a side of garlic naan. I fucking love that shit.
>>
>>7417881
Lamb Rogan Josh
Lamb Dansak
Saag Paneer
>>
>letting her order
>sharing plate
>no sex

C U C K
>>
>>7417897
Didn't realise until your comment that this might be a subtle troll thread.
>>
>>7417897
Both live with our parents so no go faggot. Not underage
>>
>>7417894
>naan
>not stuffed chapati
>2016
>>
Garlic Naan
Vegetable Korma
Malai Kofta
Lamb Vindaloo
Baigan Bharta
Biryani
Coconut soup
>>
File: american.jpg (106 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
american.jpg
106 KB, 600x600
I can tell this thread is full of pic related

I bet you don't even know that Piedmontese and Sicilian food are different, or that flour tortillas are more common in Northern Mexico
>>
... ‡
diseases
You've been warned.
>>
>>7417947
>>7417957
>that guy with crohns disease who feels the need to tell everyone that everything other than deionized water gives him diarrhea
You people are worse than vegans
>>
>>7417964
Thank you, I'll take that as a compliment.
>>
Second on Tikka Marsala, if creamy is your thing.
Lamb Vindaloo if you want the heat.

Always with garlic naan.
>>
>>7417916
>being autistic about what other people eat
>any year
>>
Indians do a great take on stargazy pie, instead of fish heads sticking out cockroach heads are sticking out.

Take that warning for what you will.
>>
Make sure to order the 'chota aloo'
>>
>>7418008
Make sure the men's room has extra toilet paper
>>
dahi puri, fuck they are good
>>
>>7417881
Be yourself and order stuff you like. Eating something spicy to impress her is not going to, especially if it gives you the squirts
Indians eat mostly vegetables and things like pakoras and breads
Ask what her favourite dishes are. Order a few and share them
>>
>>7418050
It's not "spicy" that matters., fuckin' chile peppers are native to the Americas ya konw. It's unsanitary bullshit cooking conditions that'll give you the squirts. Those shitslimes are used to that and try to bring it here to the US.
That shit is unacceptable.
>>
>>7417881
Tandoori chicken is a must starter, with stuff.

If you are a virgin look at the little chile signs to see how hot stuff is.

Korma =cuck
>>
>things to get at an Indian restaurant

E. coli
>>
>>7419567
This.
Just make your own Indian food, most Indian places are dirty as fuck.
>>
chicken tikka masala, chips, rice and a keema naan.
>>
>>7417881
Diarrhea
>>
>>7418059
It is all the spices they use, retard. You can make the same food in the US and it will still give you the shits. You're talking about food poisoning which is much worse than just some diarrhea
>>
File: 1413237006997.png (561 KB, 2000x2504) Image search: [Google]
1413237006997.png
561 KB, 2000x2504
>>
Phaal seems to be the hottest curry I have seen. Recommend that
>>
>>7417881
OP, the best way to do it is order family style, several dishes to share with the table.

Bread: an onion kulcha or garlic something, or two kinds of bread, even. Ask for relishes if you want to do that part right too.
1 or 2 meat dishes with different flavors, or textured cooking styles, so like a lamb korma and a tandoori chicken, or rogan josh this, and curry that.
A vegetable side, such as a bean such as lentil dal or chickpea, or maybe a spinach-cheese side like a paneer.
A raita, yogurt-cucumber-mint that lightens up the fiery heat of any of the above being too hot.
There might be a really delicious dessert idea, like a rare fruit sorbet or homemade pistachio icecream.

I think it would take about 4-5 visits to do the above with repeating anything even similar, it'll be a hard set of choices, so just don't sweat it, make the decisions quickly and sit back and have fun when they come out. If you really nervous, yelp their menu and google some of the recipe names. Since you're dining with the pro, they will either be opinionated and narrow minded to only ordering for themselves, or not mind overordering food. Plan those leftovers! Party!
>>
I would recommend the chicken biryani.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.