[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Burger
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 18
File: archies4.jpg (68 KB, 538x359) Image search: [Google]
archies4.jpg
68 KB, 538x359
Hey 4chan, I need ideas for a special burger at my families restaurant, they are running out of ideas and don't have very good special daily burgers.
So Just comment Ideas and maybe you can get your burger featured at the restaurant.
Also if you live in vermont or near shelburne check out archies,
>>
File: ronniesburgers.jpg (392 KB, 1332x1000) Image search: [Google]
ronniesburgers.jpg
392 KB, 1332x1000
Think about what you're doing, friend.
>>
File: ronniesburgers.jpg (764 KB, 1332x1000) Image search: [Google]
ronniesburgers.jpg
764 KB, 1332x1000
You know what, I think my masterpiece is finally complete.
>>
Your parents' restaurant has 2 stars on yelp.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/archies-grill-shelburne-5

Explain yourself.
>>
>>7417123
"The formula for success in a local burger joint is more than local beef, recipes and location. It's making your customers feel welcome. It's a simple smile. It's an apology for being forgetting someone for a full 15 minutes on the phone as they attempted to call in a takeout order. "

top kek
>>
$2 high life and pbr
>>
>>7417123
>As we waited for the light to change this car turned into the driveway driving way to fast and I turned to my wife and said I'll bet he works at Archies and is late for his shift and well there he was outside the back door smoking a cigarette before his shift started when we parked. Yuck. I know many in the restaurant business smoke but I do hope he washed his hands before he started to cook. We went in and the guy at the counter was nice enough but I noticed that no one was smiling

Is this what flyover-Americans are really like?
>>
>>7417151
>Vermont
>flyover
Last time I checked, no flyover states were communist hellholes.
>>
>>7417158
Vermont is actually worse than a flyover, I guess, since it's not even relevant enough to fly over.
>>
>>7416983
I don't know how common this is but I was convinced to try a bacon and pb burger. Shit was amazing.

Also maybe try novel toppings like a bacon jam, or a chutney.

Maybe smoked short rib meat separated from the bone and added to a patty. I'm just spitballing here.
>>
>>7417158
Where would you be flying over from?
>>
>>7417123
Yelp reviews are so fucking useless. Except for pics I guess.
>>
>>7416983
mexican burger. guacamole, sour cream, salsa and cheese on it
>>
>>7417190
also a bit of fresh cilantro/coriander might be nice in it
>>
>>7417136
This.
That seems to be the magical thing that all the popular restaurants around here have.
I also live in hipster mchipsterville though.
>>
Just watch bob's burgers.
>>
MEME BURGER
>sad frog legs
>whole wheat buns with clover cut in
>american cheese
>ham
>side of feel fries
>>
File: image.png (256 KB, 344x440) Image search: [Google]
image.png
256 KB, 344x440
How about Walnut butter, melted brie, caramelized onions, and thin slices of granny smith apple on a multigrain roll.
>>
just put every cheese
more cheese is good cheese
>>
>>7417190
I'm just gonna say this real Mexicans don't use cheese that an American thing
>>
>>7417133
>>7417151
>I don't really have anything to complain about, but let me try anyway.
Fuck
me.
>>
Marinara burger basically chicken parm but with a burger on a bun
>>
>>7417361
neither is sour cream
>>
Hamburger helper burger, burger with a gray noodle topping with cheese, chilli Mac burger same thing, breakfast burger pancake buns sausage eggs hash n potatoes, garlic n onions butter burger mince garlic n onions with a cube of butter into your Pattie add topping to taste, chicken fried steak burger with country gray and biscuits buns, just take stuff you make and make a burger burgers are easy... bacon jam is good bourbon sauces are fun adding fruit with the veg adds freshness Apple's are great for that.. shit ask a regular customer what they like n make them a burger with their favorite stuff
>>
>>7417409
Yeah that's like a tex mex burger... n a real Mexican burger would be something with bugs lol or some crazy seafood and it has to have corn in some way
>>
If you use anything from 4chan you have to call it the 4 chan
>>
>>7417433
This. Not like your restaurant has many more stars to lose anyways,
>>
File: 1414099069400.jpg (9 KB, 162x218) Image search: [Google]
1414099069400.jpg
9 KB, 162x218
>>7417426
>lol
>>
>>7417426
shut the fuck up you ignorant twat
>>
>>7416983
honey ginger burgers are pretty fuggin good; try it out.

per patty:

1 egg
1/2 tbl honey
either loads of fresh ginger or ginger powder
little bit of salt
black pepper

serve on dat butter roasted bun w/ a big crispy onion ring + sliced cherry tomatoes and if you want swiss cheese.
>>
>>7417433
>>7417438
meh, he should just abreviate it and call it the quad
>>
Do the Chris Traeger Asian fusion turkey burger
>>
Caramelized onion, french fries, fried egg and provolone cheese

Regular beef patty, butter toasted bun, lettuce onion tomato optional
>>
>>7417361
tex mex burger i guess i what i was getting at then? think it'd be tasty if the beef was nice and charred
>>
Lamb burger, tzatziki sauce, a more bitter type of green, tomato, thin sliced onion, some parsley maybe

Serve it in a pita or on a regular bun
>>
>>7416983
YOU IDIOT

Just watch Bob's Burgers and do as they do!!
>>
File: delicious mess.jpg (958 KB, 1275x4315) Image search: [Google]
delicious mess.jpg
958 KB, 1275x4315
Do this, just make the patties bigger.
>>
File: FxCam_1299973620218.jpg (69 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
FxCam_1299973620218.jpg
69 KB, 720x480
You should offer just a standard dry hamburger. When the customers are pissed that it tastes dry, you offter them a product called Ranch Hands. Because dipping and dunking is so 2011.

https://youtu.be/Kf-44Q9CEUQ
>>
>>7416983
a burger that's 20% bigger than a normal one. call it the "IWTCIRD"
>>
>>7417123
they didn't pay the extortion fee to remove the bad reviews
>>
How about a 'Jack of all trades' burger?

Rare chicken, melt in your mouth party cheese salad and claw pulled brisket lumps all lovingly smothered in the best BBQ sauce you'll ever taste.
>>
>>7417361
>real mexicans dont use cheese!!!!
This is gringos actually believe.
>>
>>7417172
not the rethugnican you replied to, but whenever I fly on a polar route (to asia) I usually fly over vermont or at least that general area.
>>
>>7419482
This. Maybe Mexicans don't use cheese on street tacos, but cheese is used all over the place in plenty of other dishes.
>>
>>7419509
not on burgers though, or as the mehicanos say, "hamburguesas" (the h is silent)

you'd know this if you weren't such a gringo

I bet you've never even had lengua

now scurry on back to chipotle, you soccer mom. cultured people are talking.
>>
>>7416983
>Also if you live in vermont or near shelburne check out archies

Fuck off, Shill
>>
>>7419520
bait/10

My grandfather's name was literally Jose Hernandez, before he died of ass cancer.
>>
do research at The Burger Lab.

you might be inspired.
>>
File: ketchup.jpg (255 KB, 885x2425) Image search: [Google]
ketchup.jpg
255 KB, 885x2425
Consider the following:
>>
>>7419566
He changed his name after dying?
>>
>>7420131
You don't have a name when you're dead.
>>
>>7420138
Then how do they assign headstones?
>>
>>7420143
The headstones denote the names they once had.
>>
>>7420148
Then why don't they say the corpse formally known as, like Prince did?
>>
>>7420151
It's implied.
>>
>>7420152
Implications aren't set in stone.
>>
>>7420152

Don't you mean "inferred"?
>>
>>7420159
Leave him alone, he barely speaks English and can't afford a proper headstone for his abuelo.
>>
File: 348s.jpg (40 KB, 348x348) Image search: [Google]
348s.jpg
40 KB, 348x348
>>7416983
Stealing this burger for my restaurant, thanks OP
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Maybe some exotic meets?
>>
>>7420179
I am not certain what kind of customer would order a semen spurting beef volcano. Never mind, I just answered my question.
>>
>>7420159
No, I don't. A headstone can't infer anything, because an inference is a though process. However, a person would be able to infer that from the implication.

People get those two words confused all the time, and I'll never understand why.
>>
The subject is a good burger for a mom and pop shop. Probably both bacon and cheese should be involved.
>>
>>7420291

Looks like onion rings w/ranch to me.
>>
>>7419464
Under rated post
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schnitzel

Cheap and tasty

Make them into fingers or slap them on a burger.

Dip it in Buffalo sauce
>>
>>7416983
Im bot a vegetarian, but Rachel Khoo made these in a tv show with sweet potato chips.
The way she made it was better than in Pic related.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (31 KB, 362x407) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
31 KB, 362x407
>>7420846
Faggot the picture.

Im not a vegetarian.
Portabello mushroom burger.
>>
>>7416983
Half beef, half bacon ground together for the pattie, make it 200g or half pound

make it just a cheeseburger
>>
Brioche bun
Butter herb sauce
Mushrooms in white wine
Caramelized onions
Slow roasted pork belly
Munster cheese
Half pound grass fed beef patty
House BBQ sauce

Side of potato wedges and Cole slaw
Call it the Bonzo
>>
>>7416983
peanut butter and provolone
avocado ranch and bacon
fried jalapenos
topped with pulled pork and bbq sauce
pizza (marinara and mozzarella)
pico de gallo
black and blue (cajun seasoning and blue cheese)

>>7417286
There's a place near me that does brie and green apples sauteed in bourbon
>>
The Hitler did nothing wrong burger. Blackened kosher beef with extra jalapeños to give you bad gas.
>>
>>7419476
Kek
>>
File: 1140_640_28.jpg (47 KB, 500x633) Image search: [Google]
1140_640_28.jpg
47 KB, 500x633
>>7421228
You made me hard with this.

Not sure if the porkbelly would improve on that flavor profile as well as classic crispy bacon would, but it could be a nice step forward. I'll try it!
>>
>>7417151
This sounds like south park.
Are there actually people like that?
>>
>>7417151
You missed the last half of the review
>No one was smiling. Hmmm. We placed our order and found a seat. The inside of the newly renovated place is great. Nice tables. Nice decor. Open kitchen. We sat down and I asked my wife if she noticed that NO ONE was smiling behind the counter and she said she had noticed that as well. It was busy and we picked up our order when our name was called. We each had a cheese burger. My wife had the sweet potato fries and I had the famous Archie homemade Chips. The burger was cooked to our order although generally they are cooked medium rare unless you ask for them to be cooked longer. They are fine quality LaPlatte meat. I think the famous hand made chips are way way over cooked. For my taste. Also what is up with putting butter or oil on buns. Yuck. So greasy. I should have asked but forgot. My bad. The sweet potato fries were overcooked for me but my wife liked hers. So OK we didn't try much on the menu and the place seemed packed for a lunch on a Saturday. But still no one was smiling. That to me is an indicator of something wrong in the kitchen. So would I come again? Probably but also more than likely not. I really wanted to like the new Archies.

This guy seems like the fucking smile police
>>
>>7421228
You had me until "House BBQ sauce".
You might as well say "Our legendary burger served with our famous potato wedges and chef's own secret slaw".
You're full of shit.
>>
>>7420266
>Zebras are not endangered

Why even add that
>>
>>7422427
Because people are retarded and think anything from Africa is literally on the verge of extinction.
>>
1. Go big
2. Claim it's grass fed and up charge
3. Use different meats that are not of the norm but will not scare off casuals
4. Spicy
5. Move away and cut contact with family
>>
>>7419461
>ponies
Really
>>
>>7422449
If only :^)
>>
How about serving a really good standard burger and get your shit together before sperging out to zebra meat and sperm vulcano? Seriously, nobody asked for this
>>
>>7422498
>Claim it's grass fed and up charge
>uppity hipster types get shafted because of obvious 2 star yelp service
>they call in an inspector because they wouldn't have to pay for it
>get arrested for selling shitty beef
great plan
>>
>>7422536
Better than making some shitty gimmick that lasts <2 months
>>
File: 1429056858194.jpg (24 KB, 385x385) Image search: [Google]
1429056858194.jpg
24 KB, 385x385
>>7419520
>tfw I just moved away from a city filled with illegal immigrants, and there were true taco carts on the corners
>tfw I'm not sure I'll ever have my authentic 2 carne asada, 1 spicy pork, and 1 lengua taco lunch for $4 ($2 on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursdays) ever again
And the menudo..... God I miss the menudo
Was the salary increase worth the sacrifice?
>mfw
>>
>>7422419
Out of the two reviews I read, both gave two stars but when they asked themselves "would I return?", both answered "probably".
Does this say anything?
>>
File: whoppee.jpg (18 KB, 333x182) Image search: [Google]
whoppee.jpg
18 KB, 333x182
>>7417593
im making this as we speak. will post final product in about an hour
>>
>>7419464

lol yelp doesn't go after businesses like that and there's only 3 reviews and they are all bad. No hidden reviews. This place just sounds like it sucks shit and the manager/owner is probably a huge cunt if the employees are that dour. I know yelp and while they are shady, it doesn't make a good place 2 stars.
>>
File: WP_20160228_18_12_36_Pro.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160228_18_12_36_Pro.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
>>7424061
>>
>>7416983
>Bob's
http://bobs-burgers.wikia.com/wiki/Burger_of_the_Day
>>
File: archies.jpg (234 KB, 1222x939) Image search: [Google]
archies.jpg
234 KB, 1222x939
Start making cuts to the menu of things that don't sell well/often.

Knock it off with the "foodie" terminology/tactics from five years ago-- no one buys a burger with maple syrup on it more than once, and I don't give a fuck if you've 'infused' your onion rings with a mediocre import beer. Also, Jesus H. Christ you'd have to be insane to pay $3.25 to sub in onion rings. Figure out a way to let people sub without asking them to take out a second loan.

Focus on making a good-as-fuck classic burger (keep sourcing locally whenever it's possible). Offer regular deals and promos, get involved with community events, and play up your status as a local establishment in the community. Also, tell the grumpy old fucks running the joint to stop being fucking grumps.
>>
>>7419509
but we do use cheese on tacos, but we call these kind "gringas" which are (usually) made with flour tortillas.
>>
>>7424335
Worth it?
>>
>>7424390
All this. I don't understand why burger places tend to get so out of touch with their consumer base, like they don't understand burgers anymore. Any meme combo's, make them rotating and don't bother printing them onto your actual menu. Try a bunch of different things, but be ready to throw the offer away for new ones, and bring back the one's that people miss and get requested. Shit shouldn't be that hard.

People are willing to pay a few extra bucks for good fucking quality, interesting burgers. Play with price points, but yeah bring the onion rings down in price. They're onions.
>>
File: twix.jpg (33 KB, 500x565) Image search: [Google]
twix.jpg
33 KB, 500x565
>>7424427
Total pain in the ass to make. No doubt about it. But as I sit here weaving in and out of consciousness I'd say fuck yea. Fuck yea it's worth it. Cant find that African spice doe. But the onions, and the pear mix are so strong Im not sure how much impact it would have.
>tldr
DO IT
>>
>>7416983
Hey, I live right by but have ever eaten there. I might stop by at some point only if the workers say 'WA LA' upon giving me my food.
>>
>>7424390
Of all the beers to infuse your onion rings with, why on earth did your family pick Guinness. May as well be infusing it with piss
>>
>>7422533
Hahaha
>>
File: 1417787452191.jpg (7 KB, 276x277) Image search: [Google]
1417787452191.jpg
7 KB, 276x277
>>7422419
>people hard at work
>busy concentrating on the orders and getting shit done
>expect them to constantly smile like a bunch of drooling retards
>>
This thread isn't lulzy enough for me to bump it to page 1 so sage in all fields

>last post bitches
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.