[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck do you handle excessively spicy food? There's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: jesus dende.png (144 KB, 375x349) Image search: [Google]
jesus dende.png
144 KB, 375x349
How the fuck do you handle excessively spicy food?

There's a steakhouse I go to and they have a hot wing sandwich. Well, tonight I went there and ordered the normal wings since I wasn't as hungry as all that. The sauce I picked was just one level higher than the sauce they use on the sandwich but
Oh.
My.
God.

It's too extreme for me.

What do I do?
>>
>>7408761
Try to keep eating spicy food. You may develop a tolerance to it. You may not. If not, you know your limits.
>>
What I usually do is just go around through my daily routine without underwear on
>>
>>7408797
This. I lived in China for a year and before then I couldn't handle spice. Once you're exposed to it everywhere you get used to it.
>>
>>7408797
I can handle most stuff up to the green-capped Sriracha sauce, which gives me pause, but this is a whole new ballgame.

>>7408811
我也去過了中國啊!怎麼樣呢?
>>
>>7408761
Eat less spicy things. Not everyone can handle spice, especially if they don't eat it often.
>>
>>7408761
You'll look like a pussy but milk will do the trick of alleviating the burning feeling in your mouth. Just get a small glass and swish it around in your mouth and then spit, if you drink it you'll just be pushing the capsaicin down to your stomach. Do this a few times and the burning should stop. Works better with heavy cream, doesn't work with skim milk, the capsasin will bond to the fat in the milk.
>>
>>7408761
After I got back from Iraq my dad threw this huge party....
I'll never forget this fucker he invited from work...(both master electricians)

Little did I know that this guy grew his own peppers.

Whips out a bag of chocolates.

"oh yeah man you GOTTA try these"

>homemade chocolate?
>fuckyeah.jpg

They were half dollar size, about as thick as an oreo.

I thought it had some type of filling.

It did.

The spiciest fucking thing I have ever tasted in my 23(at the time) years of life.

Fucking chocolate covered, home-grown bhut joloki, or as you fags say "the ghost pepper".

That was four years ago. I have to order the hottest wings on the menu anywhere I go because that's the only thing that is mildly spicy to me anymore.
>>
>>7408761
Start smoking. Everything will start to taste more bland.
>>
>>7408761
thanks doc
>>
>>7409246
>implying eating something excessively spicy once can permanently change your tolerance
>>
i built up a tolerance over a couple years. 8 years ago i thought hot wings were too hot. 6 years ago i couldn't find a place that had suicide wings hot enough. i don't eat ghost peppers because too much of that will fuck with your guts, but i can eat scotch bonnets without issue. just gotta keep pushing yourself. never get the one that is just spicy enough. get the one that is a little too spicy. you will soon enjoy the heat, and always be looking for things a little spicier.
>>
i don't even remember the last time something was too hot for me.

my secret: 5 teenage years regularly drinking dave's insanity sauce for a dare
>>
>buy jar of jalapenos
>cut out the seeds and just eat the flesh of them, with a glass of milk if you need
>when you are OK with this eat them with the seeds
>then move on to hotter stuff like habanero or scotch bonnet
>>
File: ur so hot.jpg (50 KB, 700x785) Image search: [Google]
ur so hot.jpg
50 KB, 700x785
OP here, I took them home and have been slowly chipping away at them over the last 2 days, eating one wing every couple of hours.

I just finished the last one and it barely fazed me. Surely tolerance doesn't build up that fast, does it?
>>
>>7410856
One of my high school friends had a Mexican Mom and she was addicted to the endorphin rush of spicy food. She ate habaneros like candy.

Didn't eat an actual habanero in whole pepper form (had it as a flavoring in sauces) until a couple years ago. It was home grown by a coworker, so I think it's probably hotter than they stock in Kroger. ANYway, my whole face turned red, my eyes got watery, I was sweating like I just played racquetball, and felt a burning in the pit of my stomach.

At another one two hours later and was hooked.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.