[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wraps n stuff
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: Steak-Pita[1].jpg (85 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
Steak-Pita[1].jpg
85 KB, 680x680
Hey /ck/. I'm heading over to a friend's place tomorrow to do some cooking for him. Long story short I owe him a few favors, and to make it up I'm gonna clean up his kitchen and cook. He likes tacos and wraps quite a lot, so my plan was to do some kind of pulled pork "burrito" style thing, since I'm gonna have access to his place basically all day while he's at work. I don't really know what to pair the meat with to really wow him. So do you have any suggestions to make a really awesome wrap/burrito?
>>
sounds kinky
>>
It depends on the pulled pork, I'll go out on a shank here (lel) and guess it's BBQ Pulled pork? If so:

Cheddar cheese, diced tomatoes, paprika dusting (on top if you wanna look fancy). As a side, if you can do home-cooked french fries (with the proper blanching included) that'd be really great! Toss in some more Paprika after they're done for total epicness.
>>
>>7408602
Sadly I live in sweden, which makes a lot of classic american bits and bobs a bit hard to get hold of. For example, it's impossible to get hold of good cheddar without paying an arm and a leg for it.

Doing fries as a side sounds like a great idea, although I think potato wedges might make my life easier. Could skim some fat off from the pork and rub that all over them along with some olive oil and thyme.
>>
>>7408637
I'm sure there's some Swedish semi-hard cheese you could use instead of cheddar.
>>
>>7408654
There are a few, but not a lot with the same taste profile. I've trawled massive forum threads on swedish boards where people have been debating and talking about swedish substitutes for cheddar, but mostly it usually comes down to nothing. It's a damn shame, because a lot of really amazing recipes I've seen heavily use the stuff.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.