[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need help with steak doneness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: 20160223_074307.jpg (737 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
20160223_074307.jpg
737 KB, 2448x3264
Is this 'blue rare' or just undercooked?

It was a really thick striploin.
>>
>>7406799
>'blue rare' or just undercooked
Is there a difference?
>>
>Is this 'blue rare' or just undercooked?
Those aren't exclusive, it's both.
>>
i reckon that's not cooked.

either dice it and make a stir fry to cook it through, or give to cat.
>>
>>7406809
>Give steak to the cat because it's not cooked to the level I like

I'm not into blue steak but you're an idiot.
>>
>>7406815
enjoy your mad cow disease then
>>
>>7406815
do you know how long the meat was left out of the fridge to get to room temperature and how long it has been at a temperature suitable for bacteria growth? because i don't.
>>
That's regular rare.

Blue rare requires a hotter pan.
>>
>>7406816
>>7406820
No, but that's not how raw steak nor steak tartare, crudos etc are prepared, nor sushi, aioli for that matter.

Stop memeing about raw foods being unsafe and understand basic food prep.
>>
>>7406844
explain it then. op asked the question so address him. you seem to think you know it all.
>>
>>7406820
>>7406816
>Giving steak to a cat.

Yall gonna kill that shit.
>>
>>7406862
i speak from experience and the cat will smell it first. if he doesn't like what he smells he won't eat it.
plus cats have a short digestive tract to deal with exactly this situation. eating raw meat.
>>
>>7406850
>>7406869
>Do my homework for me after I shitpost about something I don't understand
Serving raw meat is basic information you can find on google.

I didn't address OP, I addressed your nonsense claim that steak is catfood unless it's prepared the way you like.

Stop being an edgelord on the internet.
>>
>>7406877
You're the dumb cunt who's only interested in one-upmanship. Op asked a question and you tried to pretend that you knew everything but you won't share your wisdom. You either don't know shit or you're an unhelpfull pretentious cunt. Which is it?
>>
>>7406877
>homework
you think this a homework assignment? not someone concerned about the possibility of food poisoning?

oh boy!
>>
>>7406887
>You're the dumb cunt who's only interested in one-upmanship.
Anyone calling steak catfood has already been one-upped
>Op asked a question and you tried to pretend that you knew everything but you won't share your wisdom.
No, I addressed your nonsense claim that steak is catfood unless it's prepared how you like.

You're asking me to teach you to prepare steak tartare or other raw meats presumably because you're butthurt and looking to find flaws you can tear apart. If not, feel free to ask specific questions and I'll be happy to address them. Again, if you're trying to find out how to prepare steak tartare you can google it.

Getting upset on the internet isn't going to change the fact that you're talking out of your shit pipe.

>>7406894
No, I think it's someone shitposting about raw meat being unhealthy then acting like an autist when they're called out.
>>
Wow, both of you have such large penises.
>>
id eat it
>>
File: p1000556.jpg (2 MB, 3462x1911) Image search: [Google]
p1000556.jpg
2 MB, 3462x1911
>>7406799

>buying in to the 'rare/blue steak is best steak' meme

The ideal steak is cooked medium.
>>
>>7407144
I accidentally made my most recent steak medium, and it was boring

Rare is succulent, medium is tough
>>
1. Pan not hot enough.
2. Didn't let meat get to room temp before frying, did you?
>>
>>7407144
The more you cook a steak, the less juicy it gets, the less tender it gets, and the less flavor it has.

The only reason people want steak cooked beyond rare is because of a neurotic aversion to "raw" meat.
>>
>>7406820
Mad cow disease is caused by prions that would already be there when the cow was alive. It is not caused by bacteria.
>>
>>7407181
I don't enjoy the texture of rare steak and find little difference in taste. The unpleasant texture far outweighs any loss of flavor.
>>
>>7406799
>blue rare
or as it's more commonly known by non retards who have a least an iota of culinary knowledge, blue.
>>
>>7407154
>>7407181

>mediums steak: delicious and melts in your mouth
>rare steak: chewy and rubbery almost like chewing gum and tastes like raw meat
>>
>>7407181
It's mostly textural for me, plus I like the tasty seared flavor

I wouldn't like it rare if I had an aversion to raw meat, I would cook it well like my grandma
>>
>>7407346
You're confusing 'rare' with 'completely raw' or just a trolling faggot.
>>
That is just perfect
>>
>People have different opinions on texture/flavor: the thread

>>7406799

Seriously though, OP, your steak is alright. My main beef with it is the steak spice/over-seasoning and how uneven the cooking is.

As long as it's hot and well seared, it's good to go. Furthermore, the cut steak you used would lend itself well to a rarer style of cooking, whereas something with a higher fat content might do better as a medium-rare/medium cook.

But in the end, it's up to you. Did you enjoy your steak, OP?
>>
>>7407154
rare is ridiculously chewy. Medium rare-medium is best
>>
>>7406816
unless your steak is burnt to a crisp, you still get prion diseases with fully cooked meat. you have to completely destroy the protiens to avoid it, senpai
>>
>>7407787
>poorfag detected
>>
>>7407144
Finally, one nice steak which could be described as "medium". But the color's bit too fair on the outside, signifying low temp. Seems like it was done in an oven.
>>
>>7407787
>>7407154
>>7407144

it depends on the steak you dinguses. fat and connective tissue content and the way they're structured in the meat affects how you might prefer it. fillet steak is always gonna be tender as fuck unless you take it too far but something like a ribeye is gonna tolerate a bit more cooking, at least in some parts of the cut
>>
anyway, it is an opposite of well done
>badly done
>>
>>7407168

#1: no, the pan was scorching hot, max setting.

#2: Yeah, you're right about this one. I didn't give it long to warm up at all.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.