[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What ingredients do you hate, /ck/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: 1452370505452.jpg (384 KB, 1440x2460) Image search: [Google]
1452370505452.jpg
384 KB, 1440x2460
I absolutely loathe onions of any idiom, preparation, type, etc. Vile creations. That sickening moist crunch, and that cloying pungency that never leaves your fucking breath or fingers. I recognize their own culinary significance and use them in my arrabiata but I still think they are fuckin disgusting. How bout you?
>>
I love onions and garlic. I especially like the smell they leave on my fingers after I cut some up. I like to rub it into my beard so I can smell onions and garlic all the time.
>>
>daily picky eater thread
>>
>>7404448
Sick fuck. Are you Greek or Mediterranean?
>>
File: pee-wee-herman.jpg (26 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
pee-wee-herman.jpg
26 KB, 300x300
>>7404435
>cloying
YOU SAID THE MEME WORD OF THE MONTH! AAHHHHHHHH!!!!
>>
>>7404462
Nope. I just love garlic and onions.
>>
>>7404465
I love you.
>>
>horseradish

it's like the Kanye West of vegetables... No matter how little there is. No matter how much you try to cover it up, BAM! There it is, taking away every other taste and saying "HERE I AM BITCHES, RETCH ON MY HORRIBLE, VILE TASTE!"

seriously that shit is the devil...
>>
Celery! I can't stand the texture of it.

I use celery salt and/or seeds for flavoring when needed.
>>
>>7404435
>doesn't like onions
Kill yourself.
>>
Olives
Coconut
Raisins
Non-pureed tomatoes
>>
>>7404448
>I like to rub it into my beard

I kekked audibly anon, +2 points for you
>>
love indian food, mexican, thai

fucking hate cilanto, its a curse, shit tastes like soap...
>>
>>7404859
Sorry you're genetically cursed.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/14/dining/14curious.html?_r=0
>>
>>7404882

Ha well, here I was thinking i was a picky bitch.

I'll force myself to eat it, and its the only thing i find that i really dislike.
>>
>>7404462
Are Greeks not mediterranean?
>>
>>7404435
i hate processed sugar. like people just add sugar to anything they're cooking and it doesn't even make a difference. just leave that shit out
>>
I'm not usually a picky eater, but I can't stand any meal that contains olives, tomato, carrot, turnip, garlic, ginger, grapefruit, spinach, or sardines.

I can put up with tuna, but I don't like it.
>>
Cilantro
Raisins
Dried cranberries
Anything similar to raisins or dried cranberries
Lemongrass
Ginger (only when it's very powerful)
>>
>>7405539

if you have a list, you are picky eater
>>
Lemon

I don't know why. I love other citrus fruits. I love sour things. But lemons just disgust me.

Thankfully, I've gotten much more tolerant of it in more recent years, but when I was a kid any lemon in a dish essentially ruined it for me.
>>
Capers
>>
>>7405587

IKTF, im the same way about limes
>>
>>7405578
I'm not. I'll eat anything else even if I don't like it.
>>
>>7404435
really? I sometimes just peel and onion and eat it. I haven't admitted it to anyone cause I'm ashamed but I love onions.
>>
I don't really like raw celery, anything with an anise kind of flavor, and i don't like raw tomatoes unless they are really, really nice and fresh tomatoes.

I won't refuse to eat any of the above though, unless the anise flavor is too strong. There have been a few foods that just rape my mouth with anise and I cannot eat it.
>>
>>7404448
I know this feel. I fucking love garlic.

>>7404462
I'm Italian and the following story comes from my granddad
>Great Grandfather is on his death bed
>Supposed to be crippled for life
>Aunt is taking care of him, and makes him garlic soup
>Aunt goes into another room to clean
>Hears someone shuffling around in the kitchen
>It's Great Grandad chopping up some garlic to put into his soup
>Raw
>>
>>7405694
You're a damn retard
>>
>>7405539
>I'm not a picky eater
>That fucking list
m8 it's okay to not like a few things. But 9 things, especially a few that could be considered broad categories is overkill.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.