[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a can of diced tomatoes, onions/garlic and various spices
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: Spaghetti-Sauce_5749.jpg (1 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
Spaghetti-Sauce_5749.jpg
1 MB, 3072x2304
I have a can of diced tomatoes, onions/garlic and various spices

How do I make some spaghetti sauce, /ck/? It's too cold to go out to get basic tomato sauce.
>>
Throw it all in a blender or nutribullet
Add water and sugar
Heat
>>
Sautee onions/garlic, add drained can of tomatoes, add spices. Cook until desired consistency is contained. Is it going to be the best tomato sauce? No, but it'll be passable.
>>
Ideally you'd start by cooking a little bacon or similar to render out some fat. If you don' t have any then just put a little oil in a saucepan. Lightly brown the onions and bacon. Add the tomatoes. Cook at low heat until the tomatoes get soft and the flavors come together. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
>>
Mince and dice the onions, then sweat on medium-high heat until they just start to carmelize. Add garlic and briefly sweat for 30 seconds - do NOT let the garlic burn. Add oregano, basil, and perhaps a little rosemary. Stir in the tomatoes and bring to a boil. Add a little sugar to taste, then some salt and pepper. Reduce to a simmer and cook covered for 20 minutes. Remove cover and simmer an additional 30-45 minutes until the sauce thickens and reduces to your liking.

Good luck. Keep at it until you find a recipe you like.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.