[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Ate 99% cacao chocolate for the first time in my life Today
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
>Ate 99% cacao chocolate for the first time in my life

Today I realized I don't actually like chocolate, just the sugar that's in it.
>>
That's like saying you don't like coffee just because you don't want to chew on the beans.
>>
>>7403933
Betting it was Lindt's.

Really dries up your mouth, doesn't it? At that point, you might as well be going for cocoa powder.
>>
>>7403948
>Betting it was Lindt's.
Yeah, it was. I bought it because someone here said it was better than Milka.

At this point I think I'll just melt it with milk and a cube of sugar, that might salvage it.
>>
>Ate wet flour for the first time in my life

Today I realized I don't actually like bread, just the yeast that's in it
>>
>>7403933
wat?
>>
>>7403937
>implying I don't have the purest form of coffee every morning instead of diluting it with hot water and a filter
Your pleb is showing
>>
File: cookies.jpg (83 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
cookies.jpg
83 KB, 700x700
dark chocolate is only good if it's combined with something very sweet, like cookie dough.

the two balance each other out.
>>
There's a thin line with chocolate to where it's actually enjoyable to eat and not a bitter hunk.

72~% is it I think. Maybe slightly higher but idk who makes anything between 72 and 80%
>>
>>7403933
Actually you really get used to it, I switched to 99% lindt chocolate when I had to cut out all carbs and I started really liking after the first tablet.
Best way is alongside your coffe and leaving the square melting into your mouth.
>>
>>7403958
idk man raw batter looks p tasty
>>
>>7404165
You can actually make vegan cheese with flour, water and smoked paprika. I did that by accident making pancakes and it didnt cook through. The slightly coagulated flour tastes just like cheese.
>>
>>7403933
I like 88% but I've never had 99%.
I can imagine it takes some time to get used to.
>>
I actually drink 100% cocoa mixed with warm water and nothing else.

It's a lot like black coffee to me.
>>
>>7404036
For whatever reason, I enjoy 70% and 90% but not 80%
>>
>>7404501
I bought some 86% bars and they're pretty bad. Like not spit it out bad but bad enough to where I don't actually want to eat it.

I made hot chocolate with it last and it was awful
>>
>>7404397
My eyes weren't lying to me!
>>
>>7403933
More than 80% is just inedible.
>>
Chocolate without sugar is like eating french fries without salt.
>>
File: 1452894254456.jpg (31 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1452894254456.jpg
31 KB, 1280x720
>>7403957
Dark chocolate is where you really notice the difference between proper quality chocolate and shit tier brands like lindt or worse since there is less sugar and stuff to cover up their crappy process for making the chocolate.

Tldr shamefuldisplay.jpg buy real patrician bean-to-bar choc you filthy pleb
>>
>>7404579
Too bad unsweetened chocolate doesn't pair well with catsup.
>>
>>7403933
Silly paleface devils don't know how to into mole or how to prepare the beverage of the GODS.
>>
>>7404686
aztec priest pls
>>
>>7404591
Pls forgive me St. Giorgio.
>>
>>7404591
What is a good one to buy?
>>
imo 75% is the perfect chocolate bar.
I couldn't find 80 but 85% fucking cottonraped my mouth. Though, it was enjoyable in very small quantities.
>>
>>7404739
Also interested.
>>
>>7403937
>not owning a coffee plantation and harvesting only the most perfect beans with your own hands
>not making just one perfect coffee cup per harvest
you might as well drink boiled toilet water, you son of a nigger son of a faggot son of a syphilitic whore plebeian
>>
>>7403948
This.

I actually liked the 99%.

There's a reason it's in really tiny fucking squres of about 1cm^2 though.

I nibble off about a quarter of a square, press between tongue and roof of mouth, feel the burn, and then take a sip of single malt. Then take a minute or two to let the mouth come back to normal. Then move tongue against roof of mouth and wok on what's left of the square.

Two or three squares and an ounce of whisky can last me about half an hour. Any more than that is wasted.

It's an infrequent dessert for me, but that's how I do the 99%. A bar lasts me two or three months.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.