[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lunch For Poorfags - $1.00 or less edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 12
File: mcdonalds-Hot-n-Spicy-McChicken.png (217 KB, 443x506) Image search: [Google]
mcdonalds-Hot-n-Spicy-McChicken.png
217 KB, 443x506
Now that taco bell has taken away my $1.00 crunchwrap sliders, I'm back to the $1.00 spicy tostada.
The tostada is getting very boring, very quickly
Pic related used to be God tier but ever since the 2 for 2 came out, they are cold every time I get one (I'm guessing they sell a lot more now, so make a ton and have them sit under a lamp)
Well cu/ck/s, any suggestions?
>>
1 dollar or less, you are looking at swallowing a hobo's cum
>>
>>7401825
Why have you not started buying a day old loaf of jimmy johns bread with some mayo and dijon packets and going to town? 50 cents so you can actually have a little entertainment budget going
>>
Cheesy bean and rice burrito, taco bell. Best dollar item on the market.
>>
File: 1448756453009.jpg (2 MB, 2800x1620) Image search: [Google]
1448756453009.jpg
2 MB, 2800x1620
>>7401825
Glorious mcChicken deserves higher rez.
>>
>>7401825
My boss at my job gave me some advice randomly for deals like the 2 for 2 and 4 for 4 that sounds pretty decent
>Orders 4 for 4
>Hi, can I have a four for four?
>Sure, sir
>But can I get the Jr Bacon cheeseburger with no lettuce (or tomato whatever to make them make a brand new one)
>Sure thing, anything else?
>No salt on the fries
>Anything else?
>Yeah, can I have spicy nuggets?
>If yes has spicy nuggets
>If no, says "well you see I wanted spicy nuggets because whenever I get my nuggets they seem to be cold"
>Oh we'll make you a new batch sir, make sure that everything is in order for you!
>Boss says to me "When I'm coming they already know what's up! They're gonna be running"
>>
>>7401825
you can make your own deli sandwich with turkey, cheese and tomato for less than a dollar. or many many other options if you stop lighting your money on fire
>>
>>7401921
why would the spicy nuggets be any warmenr then regular? I assume they have nearly the same amount made. (assuming this is wendys)
>>
>>7401921
I've worked at 3 different Wendy's and none of the ever pre-made any of the sandwiches.
>no-salt fries
I hope your boss dies in a car accident.
>>
>>7401946
I don't know man, I don't really eat fast food but he is really just trying to get food that hasn't been sitting out. I don't know if they do have a lot ready made but it's still a pretty interesting thing he does. He said whenever he does this his nuggets are always super burn-your-mouth hot
>>
>>7401961
yea i guess just to emphasize he wants fresh stuff i guess, I have a terrible habbit of putting really hot stuff in my mouth and burning myself so i will avoid this
>>
>>7401960
I don't give a shit, we both serve people all day (supermarket deli) and personally I don't give two shits about the annoying customers requests as long as it isn't something I'll get in a ton of shit for.
I don't mind serving the guy who wants each slice of ham to weigh .06 pounds and for it to be "shingled" like cheese with paper in between each layer.
As long as the customer's request isn't something dumb that wastes food is all.
>>
I get a crunchwrap, subbing beans for beef, guac for sour cream, and onions for cheese.
>>
>>7401967
My girlfriend yells at me for this lol
>>
>>7401978
the worst is soup ammirite?
>>
>>7401974
Is that a dollar faggot?
>>
>>7402004
I kind of enjoy the feeling sometimes, especially if I make a frozen digiorno pizza on the rare occasion. My girlfriend also doesn't understand why I enjoy chars and sears on food, she always scrapes that part off of her food and it makes me wonder why she wastes the best parts. Funniest thing was how we went to a steakhouse on her birthday and she got her's welldone but scraped all the grill marks away
>>
>>7402019
N-n-no sir....
>>
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 276x183
You could eat the dollar
>>
>>7401825
Cheapest lunch is going to a grocery store and buying rice, beans, and cabbage. All three are cheaper than dirt and will give your body what it needs.
>>
I go to a supermarket right across from my work and buy 2 bananas for 50 cents I pull out of a public wishing fountain right outside the store. Also sample some seeds when nobody's looking. Drinking fountain in store is also free.

Honestly you're all just competing for second place.
>>
>>7402036
Kek fr?

How many seeds do you sample? Unless you take so much that you cross the line between sampling and stealing, that and 2 bananas is not enough food.

And if you are stealing, why not steal something better? Or why not grab more money from the fountain and buy something more substantial?
>>
>>7402031
/thread
>>
>>7402020
People have always been told that overcooked food is bad. Which it certainly is, but the notion often extends to caramelized and charred parts of the food.
If it doesn't look the same, than it's not good.
>>
>>7402020
haha omg how could i forget anything microwaved especially with cheese, she will never know the true bliss she is giving away, even if it does give us cancer.
>>
Buy in bulk you fucking idiot, no wonder poor people remain poor when they think $1 sandwiches are good value
>>
>>7402072
>microwave
>digiornos
... since when?... in what world?
>true bliss
you can say that again, brother
>>
>>7402087
>trying to balance something u realize was way too hot on your teeth while you blow on it, even tho u know it is too late
>>
>>7402079
This. Also the
>eating healthy is so expensive
meme. It is cheaper to eat healthy, it just takes a little planning.

Buy bags of frozen veggies (which are probably more nutritious than your fresh produce unless you're buying from an organic hippie co-op, and DEFINITELY cheaper), buy dry beans and brown rice in bulk, and you've got the base of what could be a variety of delicious and healthy meals, all cheaper than fast food Jewery.
>>
>>7402103
but he wants fried cheesy food
>>
>>7402094
I'm so clumsy I do stupid stuff like this all the time or worse
>Be me a couple of weeks ago
>at Dunkin Donuts waiting for a train.
>Have coffee top off with the rim of the cup in my teeth
>getting ready to catch train
>putting on scarf
>putting on headphones
>put my head back to feed the cord through my scarf
>forgot that I had coffee in my teeth, and pretty hot coffee spills everywhere
>Scarf still smells like coffee
>>
I pity anyone without a Del Taco near them.
>>
>>7402109
hot food on your front teeth imo is worse than biting into a Popsicle with them
>>
>>7402117
Oooh I hate even thinking about biting into a cold popsicle, that to me is the worst feeling. Day ruiner.
>>
>>7401921
Wendy makes every sandwich to order when it is ordered. Fried goods are are maximum 3 orders each fry.

So you're a troll or your boss is a retard
>>
>>7402109

I don't want to creep you out but i think i saw you do this. Back Bay?
>>
>>7402130
Lol, not creeped out, wasn't me. Hicksville, NY
I don't even know where Back bay is without a google search.
>>
File: ham-cheese-sandwich.jpg (64 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
ham-cheese-sandwich.jpg
64 KB, 900x600
>>7401825
>Lunch For Poorfags

Bring a sandwich from home.
>>
>>7402123
>your boss is a retard
Not out of the question.
We were also working and shooting the shit. So you know how these things become exaggerated
>>
>>7402154

Boston. saw a chick with a coffee go full struggle with her scarf and headphones. I didn't judge
>>
Beefy fritos burrito OP, it's literally the nacho crunchwrap slider in burrito form.
>>
>>7402201
These are $1.00, as well.
I will try this next
>>
>>7402191
It's good to know that I'm not the only one out there, bostonbro. also talking about boston: Fuck Newbury Comics. That place is lame; cooler than hot topic,way less cool than some comic shop that's less than 5 minutes of walking away (don't even know it's name though.)
>>
>>7402231
is cooler than hot topics saying anything? are you goth?
>>
>>7402246
Lol no, but if I happen to be in a mall I always find myself in there. I think it is to say that it's not too cool at all. I just really think that the name is disingenuous as fuck. since it was about
10% novelty items
40% clothes
35% vinyl
15% Comics-- with <1% of said comics being weeklys/floppies
Come to think of it there is a stronger parallel to Urban outfitters than Hot Topic, but when I went there I had never been to an Urban Outfitters so the memory of it being like hot topic always stuck.
I had a good time shit talking that store though when I got to the real comic shop. The guy who ran the place was a bro and was talking about how everyone who worked there were real dipshits; which is a true statement.
>>
File: 1434061757401.jpg (12 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1434061757401.jpg
12 KB, 720x720
>>7402257
>hangs out at the mall
>can't resist the urge to go to hot topic whenever at the mall

Get the fuck out of my thread you degenerate fucking faggot.
>>
>>7401921
You act like your boss is some genius who is really fooling the system...tons of people have been doing this shit for years, it's nothing new.
>>
>>7402231

oh god yeah, NBC is dead fish territory.
>>
>>7402031
>what it needs
>horrible flatulence

I agree with you on the bargain of it, but beans and cabbage - oh boy.
>>
>>7402267
>Hangs out at the mall
That's a strong statement, buddy.
It always happens around holidays when I'm in the mall shopping for people, etc. with my girlfriend and she goes into a shoe store, or whatever bullshit women's clothing store is in the mall and I can't be arsed to go in.
>implying I'm too normal/weird (whatever) to be in "your" thread
>implying you have to hang out at a mall to be in a mall
>implying you haven't been in these stores/they are the worst thing in the world
>implications
>>
>>7402273
Yeah, I felt tourist trapped going there.
>>
>>7402301

plus there's always the fat girl at the register.
>say no more
>sorry I'm not shaped like a cannonball, bitch
>>
>>7401825
stop eating fast food everyday you disgusting fatty
>>
>buy toast
>buy eggs
>whip eggs, drench a loafs of bred in it
>fry the egg-soaked loaf briefly
>salt it
>eat

Like 2€ over here, known as "poor knight", kann feed you for at least 1 day.
>>
>>7402401
Isn't that just a loaf of salty French toast
>>
>>7402399
I don't. Usually once a week, otherwise I'll have the other half of what I cooked for dinner the night prior.
Also, I eat kipper snacks mashed with hot sauce and spread on crackers. Pretty good, but I've had it so much lately, I'm starting to get sick of it.
>>
>>7401825
Where do you live?
Go find a foodbank and volunteer.
I do. I get free food all the time. The only thing I pay for is fresh food for cooking.
>>
>>7402441
I guess I misrepresented my position.
I'm not actually poor to the point to where I can't eat, it's more like I'm a Jew (not literally) when it comes to spending money on certain things.
Work lunch isn't something I like spending that much money on because I just sit in my cubicle by myself and scarf it down.
Dinner, I don't mind spending a bit more on once or twice a week
>>
after coming home from a hard day of work, i'm hungry as fuck.

but i know i'll kick myself if i go through a drive-thru and order some fast food. total: $17.

$17 is what I make in two hours of busting my ass working hard. Fuck spending that on a quick meal.
>>
File: 20160221_185753.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160221_185753.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
>>7402172
Ham and cheese is bae. Grill that shit though. Sometimes I use flakes of ham with mustard and mayo instead of sliced ham. It's fucking delicious.
>>
>>7402020
>>7402070

crusty charred stuff = carcinogenic. scrape that shit off, it doesnt taste good and its not good for you.
>>
>>7401825
cook food you fucking rich fuck. fast food is hella expensive.
>>
>>7401921
advice on how to be a horrible person.

If he gets his kicks on making the a fucking fast food staff "know whats up they're gonna be running" pver 4 dollars of shitty food thats a major red flag that he will treat you the same way.
>>
>>7402257
newbury comics has changed a lot of the years. They had to evolve when music went digital.

As a record store they were great for a chain but now its like spencer gifts 2.0
>>
>>7401825
Plan ahead and do a $21 per week grocery list (assuming you're doing $1 for every single meal). Even better, go bigger and get lots of dry/frozen and buy at least a month in advance for the bulk of your items.

I assumed this was just normal, paycheck-to-paycheck sensible behavior.
>>
>>7402115
Their half pound bean and cheese burrito is filling as fuck.

The GOAT item is the deluxe chili cheese fries.
>>
>>7402700
You rack up $17 at a drive thru? Christ you're a fat fuck. If I really pig out and stuff my face it might come out a little over $10. But $17 is normal for you?
>>
>>7401825
If you live in the south, go to Cook Out.

get a 3 piece chicken strip tray (they're huge) with two chicken wraps as the sides, and a huge tea for the drink. $5 plus tax for five massive chicken tenders, some tortillas, and a big ass cup of sweet tea

it makes bulking fun
>>
>>7402916
>$5 plus tax
What part of $1 or less did you not understand, nigger?
>>
>>7404821
4 dollars, + tax.
>>
File: 1.png (184 KB, 566x598) Image search: [Google]
1.png
184 KB, 566x598
>>7402115
>closed all DFW locations last year.

It's not fair!
>>
>>7401825
>McChicken
>$1.00 or less
>2016
>>
File: Amoco Sign StL.jpg (129 KB, 640x457) Image search: [Google]
Amoco Sign StL.jpg
129 KB, 640x457
>>7402115
StL had a GREAT 24hr Del Taco next door to a cinema but it closed. They were right across the street from a HUGE Amoco sign
>>
File: o8tgpd9hoh.jpg (16 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
o8tgpd9hoh.jpg
16 KB, 300x300
Tastes great, fills you up & costs 72 cents.

>being a fucking pussy
>>
>>7407672
Best eaten cold straight out of the can by the way.
>>
>>7407672
>tfw canada
>1.99 monopoly monies per can
Shit's crazy
>>
>>7407640
The "flying saucer" Del Taco down by SLU's campus was awesome too, now it houses a starbucks and a chipotle...
>>
File: tacos.jpg (286 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
tacos.jpg
286 KB, 2000x1000
>>7402115
This.
>>
>>7402109
i got a bad memory from reading this
>last summer in nyc
>have a cup of iced coffee in hand and rushing to get into subway train
>door closing, stick arm with iced coffee in
>guy inside tried to help me out, but knocked my cup out of my hand and into the floor
>coffee is sliding all over the floor
>people have to sit with their feet off the floor so the coffee doesn't touch them
>people moving into the other car
>some are even sitting cross legged at this point
>feeling the glare from the remaining people inside the train
>had to stand there for 15 minutes for my stop

fuck
>>
>>7407675
this

also you can get a pack of those bar s hot dogs and store brand rolls for like 2 bucks
>>
>>7401825
>cold
There is a VERY simple solution to this problem, just ask for them with or without something. For example, just ask for it without mayonnaise and then ask for a packet of mayo. They have to make a fresh one because all the premade already have mayo
How has this not occurred to you?
>>
>>7401916
This does look tasty.
>>
>>7402115
I went to del taco in SF, it was SHITE, probably the worst "mexican" fast food I have ever tasted.
>>
Open a can of kidney beans, drain, rinse (i leave the can lid attached slightly for this), add spices , olive oil, or any condiments available, stir and eat. room temperature is ok. High protein & healthy.
>>
File: th.jpg (15 KB, 300x240) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
15 KB, 300x240
>>
>>7402103
>brown rice in bulk
>this meme again

Can you point me out to this magical source of cheap brown rice?
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.