[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any proper healthy curry recipes around that people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: Mild_Chicken_Curry_0000x0000_0.jpg (425 KB, 2076x1619) Image search: [Google]
Mild_Chicken_Curry_0000x0000_0.jpg
425 KB, 2076x1619
Are there any proper healthy curry recipes around that people have tried, not a dry curry, one with plenty of source?

Low sugar, low fat are the priorities, not bothered about salt, msg or shit. Can take high levels of heat.

As far as I know, Most curries are either based on tomatoes (high sugar) or cream yoghurt (mid fat, mid to high sugar).

On the same subject, good filler to curries that aren't chickpeas?
>>
File: raf,220x200,075,f,creme.u2.jpg (4 KB, 220x200) Image search: [Google]
raf,220x200,075,f,creme.u2.jpg
4 KB, 220x200
>tomatoes (high sugar)
>>
>>7394151

A tin of chopped tomatoes is 10g of sugar before you've added anything else. It's not obscene high but it's still not great.
>>
>cream yoghurt (mid fat, mid to high sugar).

go buy some proper real(!) yoghurt dumbass
>>
>>7394172
Sugar in fruit is pretty good for you, family. Just don't overdo it and watch your calories.
>>
>>7394189

300g of yoghurt is 15g-20g sugar
>>
>>7394195

go eat a dick fuckwit
>>
>>7394192

Always here conflicting advice about fructose vs glucose. is it genuinely notably less diabetus than other sugars?
>>
>>7394137
Most curry isn't unhealthy. Stop ordering korma and chicken tikka masala like it's babby's first curry.
>>
>low sugar
>low fat
>in a curry

What the fuck do you even want. Mate, are you a pussy ass woman trying to lose weight on an extreme diet or something?

Proper curries are never low fat. Suck it up and deal with the fat for a delicious curry,

Many curries do not require tomatoes.

Check out Chinese or Malaysian curries.
>>
>boil chicken breast, onions, garlic, ginger and celery
>add curry powder

There you have your low carb, low fat curry
>>
>>7394137
fat and sugar should only be a concern for you if you lead a fairly sedentary lifestyle, if you're reasonably active then chances are you can eat pretty much whatever you want and not gain weight. if you're looking to lose, well dieting is a short term solution that will likely have you doing the yo-yo, where increasing your activity even by as little as twenty to thirty minutes a day will have a more long term effect though the pounds may come off slower in the beginning
>>
>>7394370
Curry powder has sugar. Can't do that.
>>
>>7394427
What kind of garbage curry powder have you been using that has sugar in it?

I honestly can't think of any curry powder I've ever used, both pre-made and that I've made myself, that has had sugar in it.
>>
>>7394427
Okay, I revised my recipe. Get a paper bag and look in the garage or under the sink for some kind of aerosol spray. Spray into bag and huff while looking at the tin of curry powder until you hallucinate yourself eating the richest, fattiest curry you can imagine on top of a mountain of basmati rice and next to it naan glistening with butter straight out of the tandoor.
>>
>>7394222
No, the main difference is how fast its getting 'absorbed' by the body. Fructose ain't better or anything like that since the body will convert it to glucose anyway.
>>
File: 1absZ.jpg (26 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1absZ.jpg
26 KB, 413x395
This guy probably is diabetic or something and everybody's going all "you fucking keto memer" on him.
>>
>>7394137
just look up a vegan recipe, coconut curry and stuff
>>
>>7394508
diabeetus aint real m8
>>
>>7394508
That doesn't make a difference. If you say you want a curry but can't have all the things that make the base of a curry, you can't expect serious answers.
>>
>healthy
>low fat

You idiot.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.