[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you like some rare hamburger and raw egg yolk, /ck/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8
File: steak tartare.jpg (118 KB, 1024x661) Image search: [Google]
steak tartare.jpg
118 KB, 1024x661
Would you like some rare hamburger and raw egg yolk, /ck/?
>>
It's okay, gets monotonous fairly quickly. Carpaccio is slightly better in my experience. I'm more bothered by that fucking chive garnish.
>>
>>7391142
Yes. Would eat
>>
>>7391142
What's wrong with eating steak tartare? The meat is usually very well seasoned and.
>>
>huge chunks of onion and god knows what else mixed in
>sesame seeds everywhere for no apparent reason
>giant chives perched on top for no reason at all
No thanks, I prefer my meat minimalist
>>
>>7391164
>huge chunks of onion and god knows what else mixed in

Cornichon. It's how it's traditionally prepared.
>>
>>7391172
Cornichons in tartare are disgusting m90. Fuck tradition
>>
>>7391142
its not bad with a cup of piping hot beef consume on the side
>>
>>7391180
Whatever mang. The acidity of the vinegar is a nice touch.
>>
>tartare
>hamburger-grade meat

Choose exactly one, retard.
>>
>>7391180
>I live in council housing
>>7391195
that is correct
>>7391152
also correct. the best tartare I've had was an amuse bouche in puff pastry cups
>>
>>7391142
>rare
*raw
>>
File: kingjack_its_cu-ck-in_raw.jpg (117 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
kingjack_its_cu-ck-in_raw.jpg
117 KB, 1280x720
>>7391142
Yeah boi
>>
>>7391142
Diarrhea: the meal
>>
>>7391142
Yeah. I'll take that with a side of placenta and perioid blood.
>>
File: Gordon-Ramsay-shouting-011.jpg (235 KB, 1200x720) Image search: [Google]
Gordon-Ramsay-shouting-011.jpg
235 KB, 1200x720
IT'S FUCKING RAW
>>
this would be a perfectly acceptable tartare if the chefs character wasnt in question. the use of raw onion is large enough a turnoff to question the chefs ability, then the chive which is basically another onion as garnish. also the meat wanted to stew in the yolk, which the presentation neither does, or suggests. a tame cow will provide cuts of meat safe enough to eat raw, but similarly to sushi, the meat must be brought to vegan levels of processing and simplicity. the meat and yolk should be just above room temp (yes, this does not apply to fish), and the yolk should have some time to permeate the meat. the meat should also be super fresh
>>
>>7391142
i tried that but it's not the best.
>>
I could give two shits about "muh authenticity", especially when it comes to something as autistic as beef tartare, but that handful of sesame seeds just thrown at the plate at the last minute has no business being there.
>>
>>7392436
>I don't like onion flavor, and i'm a baby who can't eat raw onion

please go vape on another board
>>
>>7392436
and then there's this dickhead....
>>
>>7391172
Could be caper too
>>
>>7392102
He's so fucking stupid it hurts. What's his IQ .. 85?
>>
One word, texture
>>
File: steak tartare with cornichons.jpg (172 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
steak tartare with cornichons.jpg
172 KB, 450x338
>>7392436
I've never seen the yolks served unbroken.
>>
>>7392650
Shallots are good in tartare, onions not so much. But if you're going to fuck it up with onion, at least chop it finely, not these giant cubes of crispy onionflesh ruining the texture. It's there to provide a deeper flavor to the meat, not to convert it into a horrid slimy cold frankenstein salad/meat thing consisting of beef bits tossed with chunky vegetables and a goopy dressing.
>>
Shouldnt they mix yolks with the meat instead of serving it like that?
>>
>>7392102
>He's a Jack fan
>>
>>7391142
>be visiting yuropoor in grade 11 as part of a school group
>be in Italy
>we get free time to wander around and check stuff out and get food
>couple friends and I dip into this little restaurant a a few blocks off the main roads
>myself and two of the guys order pizza
>it's just a plain cheese pizza, whatever
>third guy orders some kind of steak
>the pizzas come
>still to this day it was the best pizza I can remember eating
>we all love the pizzas
>"steak" arrives
>it looks like OP's picture
>guy looks confused and digs around in it with his fork, as if it's a joke and there is a real meal inside
>there isnt

why do people eat steak tartare? I don't get the appeal to it and as a north american we don't see it very often at all. What about it draws people towards that pile of shit?
>>
>>7393798
Your meme attempt is failing.
>>
>>7393507
clarify this for me, please: do you eat meat ever?

not shit talking I just want better context on your posts
>>
>>7393831
>What about it draws people towards that pile of shit?

The taste anon, you should try it sometimes.
>>
>>7393839
Your meme sucks and will never catch on.
>>
>>7393851
I should. Is there anything to avoid with steak tartare? red flags?
>>
>>7393922
Don't go for cheap. This is specially true for tartare, the beef needs to be top quality. The seasoning is different from place to place, so it's a different experience depending on where you eat it.
>>
>>7393922

you need LEAN ass meat for it to be good. tenderloin, heart, teres minor, shit like that. don't bargain hunt for a cheap tartare.
>>
File: OPdVU0A.jpg (90 KB, 500x647) Image search: [Google]
OPdVU0A.jpg
90 KB, 500x647
i had steak tartare in france and it was pretty good. It's strangely satisfying, salty, the taste of raw flesh... it's hard to explain I guess. I wish the portions were smaller though, about half was plenty for me.
>>
File: pepe.jpg (27 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
27 KB, 600x600
>>7393942
>LEAN ass meat
Do you like ass meat, anon?
>>
I might be showing my red neck here, but I have fond memories of being at grandmas house and her having the meat grinder out, clamped down in the side of the table and we would steal little balls of ground beef right off the grinder, poke a little dimple into it with a finger, put a couple drops of soy or worstershire in the dimple, and just pop it into our mouths.

It wasn't even just the kids doing it, my dad and uncles would be right there with us, sending us into the kitchen to steal meat balls for them too.
>>
>>7391142
You mean tatar, yes, yes I would. Sadly, it's almost bedtime here so I'm done for today.
>>
>>7393973
Judging by the timestamps, it is.
You seem a faggot, wanna chat?
>>
File: stone forest of Yakutsk.jpg (168 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
stone forest of Yakutsk.jpg
168 KB, 800x600
>>7393982
poster must be white, being drawn towards those fucking pancake ass bitches
>>
File: BlackManSmiling.jpg (25 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
BlackManSmiling.jpg
25 KB, 500x332
>>7393993
Are you a black dude?
>>
>>7394015
>black dude?
check your fucking privilege!

I'm non-binary racial-fluid trigendered
>>
>>7394000
Fuck off.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.