[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Diet Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: last-meals-MAIN_1466223a.jpg (21 KB, 280x227) Image search: [Google]
last-meals-MAIN_1466223a.jpg
21 KB, 280x227
How's your diet going?
Do you have any interesting or creative methods of dealing with intense cravings?

If I get a massive craving for let's say a big ham sandwich or scrambled eggs and bacon I sometimes just make the meal, than feed it to my family. Ironically, the process or ritual of preparing the food helps to get my mind off it - and my family's starting to wonder why I'm so nice to them lately.
Anyways, I feel like this isn't really a common thing but I'm sure some people here do it...
>>
>>7390965
Pretty hard. I get full really easily and so I've been trying to do the whole smaller size more meals thing but I get full and can't eat much at the smaller meals.

I've gotten Ensure to add liquid calories and make sure to eat ice cream for dessert
>>
Suck it up. Embrace the temporary discomfort for future health.
>>
>>7390975
Yes, that is what we are trying to do. Hence the topic, diets. Thank you random calendar quote.
>>
>>7390973
is this bait?
>>
>>7390965
I'm in year 5, and have managed to keep the weight off. I make it a point to fill up on things with lots of vegetable fiber (cooked greens, beans, other veggies) so I never feel hungry after meals.

But right now I'm on vacation in NOLA, so all bets are off. That's OK. I can return to my regular pattern of eating when I get home.
>>
>>7390995
Did you use a specific diet to lose your weigth or just general calorie counting?
I see a lot of threads about this keto diet and how amazing it is but it kinda sound like a whole bunch of mabojambo...
>>
>>7391022
For me I just went mostly vegan (eat meat and/or cheese once or twice a week), making it a point not to go crazy with the fats. The weight pretty much melted off.
>>
For the past 2-3 months I've been unwillingly eating smaller and smaller portions of solid food. I've lost 15 pounds with no effort, not like I needed to lose it in the first place.
Either stress is making this happen, or I have a massive tumor in my stomach, because this is slowly becoming ridiculous, to the point I can't finish a normal sized portion of food without indigestion.

For example, I used to be able to eat two slices of bread for breakfast. Now it's basically just coffee in the mornings if I don't want to spend the rest of the day bloated. And if I order let's say a big mac with fries, I'll just be able to finish the sandwich, fries go in the trash. I don't eat fast food that often, just trying to give you guys a standardised portion to see what I'm dealing with.
>>
>>7390965
If anything I need to gain weight. 190cm and 75kg.
I eat heaps, although I don't eat shit food.
>>
>>7391105
add nuts like hazelnut, peanut, macadamia as one snack meal to your regular diet. they will add 300-600 kcal to your diet at a tiny serving while being very nutritious.
There, you are now gaining weight. Congratulations.
>>
>actually keep track of calories for once with some app
>simultaneously start pescetarian diet
>aim for 1500 calories a day
>easily stay under 12-1300 calories in a day without getting hungry
Next I need to cut out more sweets, but this is much easier than expected so far.

Though, almost immediately, my fingernails got those protein-deficiency white stripes. The last time I had these I was 12 and went vegetarian very briefly. I have no idea how this could have happened so fast.
>>
File: Razzleberry Pie boah.jpg (45 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
Razzleberry Pie boah.jpg
45 KB, 450x450
>>7390965
Fell off the wagon hard as fuck.
>ate an entire marie callenders razzleberry pie a couple days ago
>Ate a couple pounds of fried rice yesterday
JUST
>>
>>7392551
Whenever this kind of thing happens to me I furiously excercise and try to only eat a tiny amount the next day. I think the damage is already done but better to get your mind back on track and take care of the setback
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (45 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
45 KB, 1280x720
LIL'BITS
>>
>>7391089
you should try drinking a fuck ton of water to expand your stomach
>>
>>7391105
drink massgainer for breakfast for 2 weeks. then eat pasta every other day for 2 weeks. then taper off and maintain weight
>>
>>7392551
you're lucky you didn't razzleberry die
>>
>>7390965
>creative methods of dealing with intense cravings?
I don't get cravings, because my diet is high carb, high fiber, low fat.

Cravings come from high fat and high sugar diets.
>>
>>7392918
>low fat
you're telling me you don't love whipped cream, bacon and pork rinds?

If you've ever wanted any of those things that's what's called a "craving". It's not even hard to ignore, it's just wanting something you can't eat today.

mine are usually for waffles, but range from mexican food to cheeseburgers.
>>
two miso soup sachets make me feel full enough to go from 7am to 1pm with no solid food. then I have a normal lunch. meat/fish with veg/salad for dinner but I have started meticulously marinating my meat and only eating about 150g of anything with a ton of veg.

that glorious feel when the first person asks 'have you lost weight?'. my qt female hairdresser last week.
>>
>>7393040
I usually don't end up eating until 4-5 hours after I wake up, sometimes I wait 12 hours after I wake up before I start to feel hungry enough to make something to eat.

I'm doing keto and calorie counting, and since I only really eat one or two meals a day I have trouble getting anywhere close to 1500 calories, most days I only get about a thousand calories.

But the upside is that those calories often come from one pound of bacon or two pounds of grilled chicken
>>
>>7393019
Not the Anon you're responding to, but on a high fiber, high carb, low fat diet one generally feels sated most of the time. So a passing fantasy about bacon or whipped cream passes quickly enough that it's really not a craving.

I'm this guy >>7391039 and if at sometime during the week I want a burger or a slice of pizza I have it, then just go back to eating plant based foods in enough quantity that I'm not hungry, so I don't crave anything. But I rarely eat sugar. Most folks I know who crave stuff eat a lot more sugar than I do.
>>
>>7393123
My refined sugar intake is almost always zero.

Keto works more efficiently if you're not deviating from the diet more than once a week, due to the time it takes for your body to re-enter ketosis.
There's no reason a keto couldn't have a waffle mid-week, it would "reset" them for minimal losses in the next day or so. I wait a week before having a carb day where I can eat anything.
It works better than counting calories alone imo, because there aren't a ton of keto snaks. Most things you make end up being meals, which cut out a large portion of my pre-diet caloric intake.
>>
>>7390965
i am cutting way back on drinking after having gained about 15 pounds in the last year. it was this endless cycle of drinking too much, making poor food choices while drunk, waking up and craving greasy breakfast, feeling bad about it later, start drinking again...
>>
just starting one, not because i'm overweight (which i am) but because i made a colossal miscalculation with my money and have to not drink or go out very much for tge next couple of months.
>>
>>7393404
Fortunately I never was a snacker, so lots of veggie fiber along with cabs, veg protein and lifting was enough for me to lose weight and keep it off. But I'm sure keto would have been faster. For me what I do is more sustainable.
>>
>>7393471
I was big on tortilla chips + salsa or guac as a snack, I'd end up eating 2-3 bags of tortilla chips every week, and I got fat.

After switching to keto I RARELY feel the need to snack, and if I do it's usually just what most people would call breakfast.

When I first started I was big into pork rinds, because they were similar to tortilla chips, but I haven't been eating them very much anymore, I'd much rather just have a piece of meat if I'm hungry.
down to 250 from 275, I hope to get to 220, but 200 is my stretch goal.
>>
>>7390986
di·et1
ˈdīət/
noun

the kinds of food that a person, animal, or community habitually eats.
>>
>>7390973
Why not go for higher calorie content?
>>
>>7394042
Pretty similar to you.
If you have a craving for meat just get a nice beef hip steak. They only have ~110 kcal/100g same as fucking peas.
Since I'm aware of this fact keeping my diet has become a lot easier...
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.