[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
bread machines
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 29882.jpg (18 KB, 213x170) Image search: [Google]
29882.jpg
18 KB, 213x170
i know you ck/lucks hate them but i want to know way

i've been using a cheap one like pic related from my gramma's house since my shitchen aid stripped it's own gear during normal use

i was planning to get a better, industrial mixer but the bread machine has been perfectly adequate for all dough related projects i've put it though so far.. i have a hand mixer also that has also outlasted the kitchenaid by many, many years

so my question is, why all the bread machine hate?
>>
>>7390327
I just don't like the hole that the mixing part of a bread machine leaves in the bottom of a loaf when you bake in it.

You could always just use it to mix/knead dough for you then take it out and bake it in a pan or on a stone or whatever, but you can also do that with a stand mixer, as well as beat and whip things in one as well so it's more versatile than the bread machine.
>>
>>7390327
>why all the bread machine hate?

Because they rank right up there with "rice cooker" for needless appliances.
>>
>>7390365

>thinks rice cooker is needless

Cool, lemme just immediately disregard your opinion...
>>
>>7390383
>measuring rice and water is hard

Sure thing, sunshine.
>>
>>7390327
they always made the bread taste funny and end up really hard and heavy when I want light and floofy bread
>>
>>7390327
>why all the bread machine hate?
/ck/ is full of young adults who just learned to boil eggs from Alton Brown and are now eager to prove that they can do it just like the grown-ups. The suggestion of any modern conveniences whatsoever are met with horror and defensiveness. What, me? I know how to knead dough and shove it in the oven! I don't need a UNITASKER for that!

For dough mixing, you can pick up a used bread machine for $5-10 on craigslist and use proper equipment for the actual baking. The thing is, that involves not following the instructions, and /ck/ is still at a level where they've memorized rote instructions without understanding the underlying mechanisms. So to do anything that crazy is beyond them.
>>
>>7390327
Just knead by hand you pussy
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.