[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happens if I put cheese on both sides of a tuna melt, so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: t.jpg (57 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
t.jpg
57 KB, 500x333
What happens if I put cheese on both sides of a tuna melt, so that the tuna is surrounded by a coccoon of dairy?
>>
Then it's still a tuna melt.
>>
9/11
>>
>>7390059
You will have made a fundamentally disgusting sandwich even more disgusting.
>>
That's how a tuna melt is supposed to be made.

If you want extra deliciousness add a couple slices of fresh tomato.
>>
File: mike.gif (124 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
mike.gif
124 KB, 640x360
>>7390059
>dairy

I love this about our planet
>>
>>7390059
>Be in Costa Rica, Menu has Mushroom and cheese Panini and Tuna Wrap
>Ask if Tuna can be put into the Mushroom Cheese Panini
>Waitress looks at me funny but says yes
>Comes back and says you realize we will have to put the tuna into the panini press
>"Yes, thats exactly what I want"
>Comes out again and asks if I'm sure
>Ask my Costa Rican Abuela why they're acting weird
>She says eating warm tuna is the most disgusting thing she's ever heard of
Fucking latinos not wanting to eat delicious Tuna Melts
>>
>>7390154
Warm canned tuna or warm tuna ever?
>>
>>7390156
umm what is grilled tuna steak.
And i can see why warm canned tuna may be ah acquired test but its fucking delicious with melted cheese like everything else on earth
>>
>>7390077

Agreed. Fish + dairy = sin.
>>
>>7390790

Isn't it a tad past your bedtime in the third world where y'all still believe in sin and boogeymen?
>>
>>7390790
Not quite. It can work very well in some dishes. Anchovy pizza, seafood chowder, lobster in drawn butter, lox and a schmear on a bagel and coquilles St Jacques are just a few examples I can think of off the top of my head.

But in general it doesn't work, especially when the dairy is in the form of cheese. And cheap cheese melted over canned tuna in mayo is a perfect example of why it's generally not done.
>>
>>7390888

>tuna melt is a perfect example of why it's generally not done
>tuna melt is done more often than all your other examples combined
>>
>>7390899
It's often done in shit tier places. You know the ones. Places where the house salad is mostly iceberg lettuce, and the soup of the day is canned, just like the chili and the fruit salad. Places where people drink soda or coffee with their meals.

Not the kinds of places you'd want to take cues from about what constitutes good eating.
>>
>>7391517

Or, you know, in home kitchens?
>>
>>7390059
>cocoon of dairy
kek
>>
>>7390888
>And cheap cheese melted over canned tuna in mayo is a perfect example of why it's generally not done.

That's why you add the dill, pepper, and horseradish, you silly pleb you
>>
>>7391545
Not in the homes of anyone I know, but I'm sure it's a great Saturday lunch if dinner is gonna be something light, like Kraft Dinner with hamburger meat and a side of canned corn.
>>
>>7390110
mfw waited for gif to move
>>
>>7391589

Because you eat parma ham wrapped lobster, truffled oysters, and caviar on foie gras for lunch, right?

There's nothing wrong with canned fish, and all the other ingredients can be as good of a quality as you want, so there's no comparison to be made between a tuna melt poverty and ignorance food.

Just because you don't know anyone in your village who does something doesn't mean that nobody does.
>>
>>7390059
A combination of cheese and seafood is generally frowned upon in the culinary world OP, as the cheese tends to mask the delicate sweetness of the fish. Big cooking faux pa. You'd do best to avoid it. How about tarragon instead? It pairs beautifully with pretty much any fish. I hope you aren't too hard on yourself though, everyone makes mistakes, even if this one was particularly embarrassing. But I guess that's what /ck/ is for!
>>
File: Veg Plate.jpg (64 KB, 850x565) Image search: [Google]
Veg Plate.jpg
64 KB, 850x565
>>7391632

I've always had a difficult time trying to get tarragon to melt properly.

Any tips?
>>
I love tuna melts and always do that OP, but I think /ck/ despises canned tuna

I only eat it if I have a nice sliced sourdough loaf. Butter up the outsides of the 2 slices of sourdough. Get my block of sharp cheddar and shave off 5-6 thin sheets. Get a pan to a nice hot temperature. Place the butter side down of a piece of bread on the pan and put on a few sheets of cheddar. Once it melts, hopefully quick, remove the bread and place the next piece on the pan with the cheese again, then when it melts put on the tuna and the first piece

hnnnng
>>
>>7391589
>the guy who orders tuna melts at diners who serve canned soup of the day is calling someone else low class
>>
>>7391673

>i swear i'm not sneaking junk food when you're not here
>seriously, it's just muh genetics
>>
>>7391712
This is the best, especially if you mix in chopped onions and celery with the tuna.

I don't like tuna melts if you cook the tuna with the sandwich, like in a sandwich press, but if the tuna's cold it's godly.
>>
>>7391712
I don't get the hate. Tuna salad with b pepper and dices pickles, celery, dill...just a ton of stuff, with the classic lettuce tomato mayo mustard red onion and melted cheese. Who doesn't like tuna melts?
>>
File: 1455532847708.jpg (45 KB, 639x960) Image search: [Google]
1455532847708.jpg
45 KB, 639x960
>tuna
>>
File: pricklypear-cactus-isp.jpg (148 KB, 334x500) Image search: [Google]
pricklypear-cactus-isp.jpg
148 KB, 334x500
>>7394112

>tuna
>>
>>7394133
but why do they call them tuna?
>>
>>7390068
Hillary, dat u bitch?
>>
>>7390059
You get a nice crispy cheese crust. Pair with tar tar sauce.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.