[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup everyone. I made my first batch of stuffed peppers ever.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 20160218_191352.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160218_191352.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
Sup everyone. I made my first batch of stuffed peppers ever. Its actually my first time cooking ever. I made it with ground beef, corn, taco seasoning, black beans, salsa and rice with a cup of cheese. How do you guys think it turned out? Any suggestions to make it better? Good seasonings to use? Any and all criticism welcomed. Dont be too harsh though lol
>>
Idk mein negger, but looks tasty. Would eat, good job friend
>>
i havent heard of cheese in that dish too often, or salsa.

when i have had it its tomato sauce, rice, beef, inside a green pepper.

that being said, if what you made tastes good theres absolutely nothing wrong with your recipe. carry on.
>>
Could use better presentation. Not to be rude, but it looks awful. Way too much cheese and it looks like you needed to bake it a little more. I mean since it is your first time ill cut you some slack. Its edible looking.
>>
it doesnt look like you cooked the peppers themselves. bell peppers should be grilled or baked to be edible and savory. you can eat them fresh, but they are crispy and sweet, and dont contribute to more savory meals.
>>
>>7388756
Looks great for a first effort. How did it taste?

With your chosen filling, the taco seasoning should take care of most everything. It's essentially Cumin, chili powder and quick mixing flour as a thickener.

It's a take on stuffed peppers that I hadn't thought of. I live in a heavily polish region of the midwest, and all I ever see is peppers stuffed with meat and rice,boiled in tomato juice. Yours looks much better.

Did the peppers get tender? How long did you bake it and at what temp?
>>
>>7388768
I baked the peppers themselves for 20 minutes at 375. After I stuffed them I topped with cheese and put it back in for 15 minutes. It was very good. I suprised myself and my buddy devoured 2 of them.
>>
>>7388767
Now that I think about it, i couldve put them in a little longer. 20 minutes probably wasnt long enough. Higher temp too maybe?
>>
>>7388785
I think 375 was probably fine. Longer might soften the peppers better. I'd cover them to steam them a little. Take the cover off when you melt the cheese to help it crisp up a bit.
>>
>>7388792
Thanks. Ill write that down for next time.
>>
What's the appeal of stuffed peppers?
>>
>>7388809
They taste good. What's the appeal of any food?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.