[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recipe source tier list
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: _20160211_185554.jpg (129 KB, 688x807) Image search: [Google]
_20160211_185554.jpg
129 KB, 688x807
High Tier
SeriousEats
Saveur

Mid Tier
Martha Stewart

Low Tier
Betty Crocker

Shit Tier
AllRecipes
Some mom's blog

Add/move shit around let's try to get something comprehensive
>>
I would lower martha stewart personally if we are talking about online. Her books are fine and I've actually made her wedding cake from the baking with julia book. But many of her online recipes seem untested and/or shitty.
>>
Where does Alton Brown stack up?

Thanks for the list :)
>>
>>7386466
Finecooking is nice too.
>>
i like allrecipes for the single reason that it's what comes up most often when i just google random ingredients that i have on hand and it gives me inspiration..
>>
Can anyone vouch for Food & Wine
>>
>>7386499
Mid to low tier. His stuff is good if you're new or to use as a baseline but if you're only using his recipes once you have some skill you should really move on
>>
Since we talking recipes lemme ask you smth

how many servings is 3.84L of cream of broccoli soup? I'm trying to get 4 servings in some recipe calculator that does the math on multiple ingredients for me but I don't know how much im dividing.

4 lb/1.81 kg broccoli
2 fl o z/60 mL clarified butter or vegetable oil | '
1 lb/454 g medium-dice White Mirepoix (page 243)
1 gal/3.84 L Chicken Veloute (page 294) ^
1 Standard Sachet d’Epices (page 241)
16 fl oz/480 mL heavy cream, hot
2 tbsp/ 2 0 g salt, or as needed
V/2 tsp/3 g ground black pepper, or as needed
Freshly grated nutmeg, as needed

this is the recipe im following, are there things that cannot be reduced? I mean other than the obvious sachet d'epices?
>>
>>7386555
Simple ≠ bad. His recipes are mostly great and you know they work.
>>
>>7386466
Chef John to God Tier
>>
>>7386560
3.8 liters is about a gallon with 16 cups to a gallon. 2-3 cups a serving so it would be 5-8 servings
>>
>>7386566
In his case simple = bland.
He knew his audience was basic as fuck and his recipes are designed accordingly.
>>
>>7386566
>watch the "homebrew" episode
>all the shittyness
>>
>>7386466
Additions to high tier: Chefsteps and Julia Child
>>
>>7386572
Food Wishes <3
>>
>>7386466
Are you guys familiar with Brothers Green Eats? Brothers Green Eats is my favorite cooking channel. They are fun, creative, and Jewish. What a combo! They make cooking cheap and simple.

They are my favorite but I imagine they would be low tier for this board, despite there always being a post asking for cheap/easy recipes.

I thought their challenge on living on $1 a day for a week was incredible youtube material.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiSg6lwIItU
>>
>>7386875
$3 a day, excuse me.
>>
Anyone know that short guy who makes youtube videos? It's just him in an open kitchen, pretty fancy looking. I don't think he uploaded very often.
>>
File: winer.jpg (82 KB, 530x492) Image search: [Google]
winer.jpg
82 KB, 530x492
>High Tier
SeriousEats
Saveur
ChefSteps
Food Wishes

>Mid Tier
Food & Wine
Epicurious
Alton Brown

>Low Tier
Betty Crocker
Martha Stewart

>Shit Tier
Pinterest
AllRecipes
Some mom's blog
>>
BBC Food for high tier.

>Meme Tier
ck.booru.org
>>
>>7387083
>ck.booru.org
Does anyone actually use that? There are too many hotdog in ground beef in bacon in bread in batter recipes.
>>
>>7386516
If you ever actually follow one of their recipes they never turn out well. None of them should be strictly followed
>>
>>7388229
I'm sure thousands of people are wrong and it's not you.
>>
>>7388235
Yeah, probably
>>
>>7386466

Elder God Ur-tier
>Joy of Cooking original version
>>
The best resource are good cookbooks without pictures in them. Get a few general ones and one per cuisine you like and you're set.
>>
>>7389751
Wow what a worthless fucking post
>>
>>7389925
>Wow what a worthless fucking post
Wow, what a worthless fucking post, faggot.
>>
what does /ck/ think of thekitchn?
>>
>>7389751
recs?
>>
>>7389971
Mad
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.